Joe Porper

baby huey

Verified Member
I just heard that Joe Porper passed recently. He was a decent player from the Los Angeles area but his forte was Creative Inventions in which he manufactured cues, cases and pool/billiard products for the pool playing community. He was a fun guy to be around. I knew him since about 1966 and always had a good laugh at his stories.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I bought a brand new brown Joe Porper's Classic Case 2x4 about 30 years ago. Still in almost new shape. Not fancy, but the best one I ever had

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I have a 4x8 VIP butterfly case. I thought his lathes were interesting. Good stuff. He delivered quality goods

boingo

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I visited his shop in the early-mid eighties to buy a case. It was in the west San Fernando valley, Canoga Park I think. He was kind enough to give me a short tour of his shop. I'm still using the 2x4 case, quality indeed. I hope he's singing to the LORD right now.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Very sad. I was good friends with Bert Schrager and he was friends with Joe. Bert took me to his shop in the later 70s I think and I got the grand tour. He was a nice man and very "innovative". May he rest in peace.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Very sad. I was good friends with Bert Schrager and he was friends with Joe. Bert took me to his shop in the later 70s I think and I got the grand tour. He was a nice man and very "innovative". May he rest in peace.
Dave, if I remember right, you played in our Mad Dog nine ball tournament at Edgies And got one of the shirts. That was Joe’s idea.

Attachments

• 497E166D-63A4-4870-8A61-B60B613007A3.jpeg
    497E166D-63A4-4870-8A61-B60B613007A3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dave, if I remember right, you played in our Mad Dog nine ball tournament at Edgies And got one of the shirts. That was Joe’s idea.
I did, and I still have it. Thanks Joe. Not sure I knew he was in with you.

I'm still waiting for the season ending tournament where we could actually make money! ...but I do have a t-shirt. 😂🤣

Last edited:

blindlemon

Verified Member
I just heard that Joe Porper passed recently. He was a decent player from the Los Angeles area but his forte was Creative Inventions in which he manufactured cues, cases and pool/billiard products for the pool playing community. He was a fun guy to be around. I knew him since about 1966 and always had a good laugh at his stories.
Sorry to hear it, a very nice man