Jason Miller vs. Ike Runnels 2005 D.C.C.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
fred bentivegna said:
To me, Ike shot the correct shot except for the fact that he let the cue ball come up a little too far leaving a relatively easy straight back on the 7 ball.
Because I am in a giving mood today, I am going to release probably the most significant advise ya'll will ever get re bank pool strategy. Real simple.

Never, unless you are forced to do so, shoot at a shot that will leave an easier shot than the one you are attempting! Very simple advice. However, very profound.
"Forced to do so," falls into the, ...way behind and need to shoot a "give up" in order to give myself a chance...or...in a bad spot, maybe far away from the object balls with no practical safety available... category.

Notice that Ike did not follow that line of thought, as he shot at a hard, long straight back -- with the lead -- and if he missed would have left a much easier straight back. If he would have spun the cue ball with a couple tips of left hand english the cue ball would have flattened on the bottom rail and left not much to shoot at. Using all that english would probably detract from the probability of making the bank, but he would be compensated by a relatively safe leave.
I think you have misquoted yourself when you say never shoot a bank that will leave an easier bank than the one you shot. I believe it should be stated that never shoot a bank that you don't figure to make, especially if it leaves an easier bank than the one you shot. But any ways I get your point.:D

Billy I.

oldroller

Verified Member
Jason & Ike

Jason & Ike

Are very good players whure has thi thread gone ??

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Shoud have added...

Shoud have added...

wincardona said:
I think you have misquoted yourself when you say never shoot a bank that will leave an easier bank than the one you shot. I believe it should be stated that never shoot a bank that you don't figure to make, especially if it leaves an easier bank than the one you shot. But any ways I get your point.:D

Billy I.

Youre right, I should have added....
Never, unless you are forced to do so, shoot at a shot that will leave an easier shot than the one you are attempting! --- unless you are sure that you are going to make the one you are shooting at. That would include all even money and better shots. However, once you start taking the worst of it, my rule comes into effect.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
fred bentivegna said:
Youre right, I should have added....
Never, unless you are forced to do so, shoot at a shot that will leave an easier shot than the one you are attempting! --- unless you are sure that you are going to make the one you are shooting at. That would include all even money and better shots. However, once you start taking the worst of it, my rule comes into effect.

Beard
Very good nugget, too.