Jason Miller vs. Ike Runnels 2005 D.C.C.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
left corner nearer us as we look at the table
i think at bank players warp speed it would shorten up enough to go and miss the ball by the side pocket
i guess he chose the right corner:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
left corner nearer us as we look at the table
i think at bank players warp speed it would shorten up enough to go and miss the ball by the side pocket
i guess he chose the right corner:eek:
What makes you think he shot the 9?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Its inhumane...!

Its inhumane...!

Cowboy Dennis said:
What makes you think he shot the 9?

I can't stand it any more...The suspenders are killing me me... Puhleeeze tell us what he shot....:p :p :p

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Cowboy Dennis said:
You do have to call your pocket you know:rolleyes: . Left or right?
I like playing it close to pocket speed to the right, dropping the cue ball to the bottom rail -- you don't risk leaving much of a shot after, yet it is certainly easy enough to play safe if you happen to drop the 9. The other way looks like you would have to hit it harder to stiff it up and you could easily sell out if you miss.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game 1 and Runnels leads it 3-2. It's Ikes shot. What would you do?

View attachment 3347

View attachment 3348

I think you have two shots here and there both just alike.The 7 (brown ball)
Straight back to the right or the 9 straight back to the left. Either one I'm going to kill my cball on the bottom rail down there.Just which one looks the best from being right there at the table. 7 ball center right...9 ball center left.
John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
John Brumback said:
I think you have two shots here and there both just alike.The 7 (brown ball)
Straight back to the right or the 9 straight back to the left. Either one I'm going to kill my cball on the bottom rail down there.Just which one looks the best from being right there at the table. 7 ball center right...9 ball center left.
John B.
john how would you compare your 2 shots in difficulty???
there is more distance from object ball to the rail and you have to hit it alittl harder i think to make the 9
the 7 being closer to the rail but more distance to it
how should those factors be considered

or after experience like yours the answer is

7 ball center right...9 ball center left:)

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
john how would you compare your 2 shots in difficulty???
there is more distance from object ball to the rail and you have to hit it alittl harder i think to make the 9
the 7 being closer to the rail but more distance to it
how should those factors be considered

or after experience like yours the answer is

7 ball center right...9 ball center left:)

I think the 9 Is a little less diffucult just because It's farther from the rail.But not by much.You really don't have to hit either one real hard.Medium speed
should work for both of these shots.Center cball (stun shot) Is the trick with just a small bit of english.I can show better than I can tell,however.Good luck,
John B.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
John Brumback said:
I think the 9 Is a little less diffucult just because It's farther from the rail.But not by much.You really don't have to hit either one real hard.Medium speed
should work for both of these shots.Center cball (stun shot) Is the trick with just a small bit of english.I can show better than I can tell,however.Good luck,
John B.
thanks for the reply john

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I can't stand it any more...The suspenders are killing me me... Puhleeeze tell us what he shot....:p :p :p
Dear Duckhead,

I don't really appreciate going to work in this heat for two days (84 today, whew) and coming home to 34 e-mails, 72 pm's, 9 letters in the mailbox and 63 voicemails all asking the same thing "WHAT DID IKE SHOOT?". You just have to wait like everybody else. Here's what he shot.

P.S. The cueball barely nudged the 8 ball but I figured extra lines would confuse the Duck and he'd want to call a foul or something.

Ikes Shot.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What I would have shot, almost...

What I would have shot, almost...

Cowboy Dennis said:
Dear Duckhead,

I don't really appreciate going to work in this heat for two days (84 today, whew) and coming home to 34 e-mails, 72 pm's, 9 letters in the mailbox and 63 voicemails all asking the same thing "WHAT DID IKE SHOOT?". You just have to wait like everybody else. Here's what he shot.

P.S. The cueball barely nudged the 8 ball but I figured extra lines would confuse the Duck and he'd want to call a foul or something.

View attachment 3360

To me, Ike shot the correct shot except for the fact that he let the cue ball come up a little too far leaving a relatively easy straight back on the 7 ball.
Because I am in a giving mood today, I am going to release probably the most significant advise ya'll will ever get re bank pool strategy. Real simple.

Never, unless you are forced to do so, shoot at a shot that will leave an easier shot than the one you are attempting! Very simple advice. However, very profound.
"Forced to do so," falls into the, ...way behind and need to shoot a "give up" in order to give myself a chance...or...in a bad spot, maybe far away from the object balls with no practical safety available... category.

Notice that Ike did not follow that line of thought, as he shot at a hard, long straight back -- with the lead -- and if he missed would have left a much easier straight back. If he would have spun the cue ball with a couple tips of left hand english the cue ball would have flattened on the bottom rail and left not much to shoot at. Using all that english would probably detract from the probability of making the bank, but he would be compensated by a relatively safe leave.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Never, unless you are forced to do so, shoot at a shot that will leave an easier shot than the one you are attempting! Very simple advice.
One of the things that makes playing banks so difficult, there is much more strategy involved than it first appears on the surface. Knowing what to shoot at and when and why is a hard-learned lesson, just as in one-pocket.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
This PR work is tough ain't it ???

This PR work is tough ain't it ???

Cowboy Dennis said:
One of the things that makes playing banks so difficult, there is much more strategy involved than it first appears on the surface. Knowing what to shoot at and when and why is a hard-learned lesson, just as in one-pocket.

Dennis

Dear "I have to say nice things about 'bank pool' now", Breath,

Gosh, here you are, over here, comparing the strategies of 'Banks', to 'One Pocket'...It behooves me, to inform you, it is nothing like comparing apples and oranges, (which may be a little tough for you anyway)... It is more like comparing a NASA rocket, to a very small firecracker...Nice try though..:p

PS..Please leave the complex issues to the older forum members, as MOST of them are much more qualified then a young PR man...:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear "I have to say nice things about 'bank pool' now", Breath,

Gosh, here you are, over here, comparing the strategies of 'Banks', to 'One Pocket'...It behooves me, to inform you, it is nothing like comparing apples and oranges, (which may be a little tough for you anyway)... It is more like comparing a NASA rocket, to a very small firecracker...Nice try though..:p

PS..Please leave the complex issues to the older forum members, as MOST of them are much more qualified then a young PR man...:eek:
Dear Easily Predictable Breath,

You've gotta know I wrote that so you would respond in the manner that you did. You are so f@@kin' easy this isn't any fun at all:p .

You are easier to predict than Santino Corleone was and you know what happened to him, don't you?

Santino Getting Whacked.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Dear Easily Predictable Breath,

You've gotta know I wrote that so you would respond in the manner that you did. You are so f@@kin' easy this isn't any fun at all:p .

You are easier to predict than Santino Corleone was and you know what happened to him, don't you?

View attachment 3372
dennis your wit and knack of finding just the right pic for the occasion is terrific:) :) :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
dennis your wit and knack of finding just the right pic for the occasion is terrific:) :)

Larry,

Are you condoning this obvious threat !!!...You know him and that 'other guy' are planning my demise...But they are both skeered to fly, and too lazy to drive...:p :p :p

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
Larry,

Are you condoning this obvious threat !!!...You know him and that 'other guy' are planning my demise...But they are both skeered to fly, and too lazy to drive. :p
as far as "skeered to fly"
you offered airline tickets:eek:
as far as your demise
i dont think so:)
they prefer "slow death":rolleyes: :D