J. Brumback vs. J. Parica 2011 D.C.C. #2

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Can't tell which one is qb .. if that is qb at far end of table then I might try stickin qb where 14? is and clearin that and 3 ball out

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
You hit the 3 ball on the top (directly opposite the end rail) like you were knockiing it into the end rail on a path perpendicular to the side rail. You hit it relatively softly with center ball. The cue ball picks up rolling english on it's way down the table and, after it hits the 3 ball, it hits the side rail at an angle and goes along the foot rail to finish it's journey. The 3 ball bounces off the end rail and goes toward the head rail. If your speed is right, the cue ball makes it at least to the middle diamond on the foot rail. There should be no kiss here.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd probably do something rash like Mark. Or maybe the 2 ball's dead. I don't believe these are tourney shots.
Tournament situation, Parica probably kicked at the 5 ball. A natural safe but leaves a kick for john.
Rod.

Last edited:

timdog24

Verified Member
Not sure if I'd shoot this because of the distance and possibility of a double kiss , but you could shoot the 8 into the 5 with speed and draw your cue ball towards the stack. Best case scenario - you clear all three balls near your opponent's pocket and stick him on the stack. There is also the chance that the balls could double kiss and stay right near his pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Frank Almanza said:
Nothing fancy here, just waiting for a better opportunity. After this he can expect John to slide off the 14 ball to put him into the stack.View attachment 3300
that seems to be the most sensible thing to do.
the 2 angles of the table make some shots doable from one perspective and not the other for example one view make it not clear you could hit the 15 square with the cue ball but the other view shows you can

senor

Verified Member
I would lean towards applying maximum pressure, since the shot seems to be laying right. Power the 3 into the 15 and then 5. Stun the cue ball to the bottom rail, doubling him up on the 12/6 and with any luck creating some opportunities for my cause.

Nothing wrong with kicking at the 5 ball here, like many have suggested. The reason I would lean towards aggressiveness here is I would like to take advantage of the cue ball being in open space like it's shown, so it's easier to control the cue ball with an aggressive shot.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
lll said:
that seems to be the most sensible thing to do.
the 2 angles of the table make some shots doable from one perspective and not the other for example one view make it not clear you could hit the 15 square with the cue ball but the other view shows you can

i think he can hit the 15 also. i am thinking shooting a billiard to move it and the 5.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If the angle is conducive to cut the 3 ball in he than could possibly go three cushions under the 5 ball. Parica has the skills to pull this kind of a shot off. It looks close to being a viable shot, but maybe not.

Billy I.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
wincardona said:
If the angle is conducive to cut the 3 ball in he than could possibly go three cushions under the 5 ball. Parica has the skills to pull this kind of a shot off. It looks close to being a viable shot, but maybe not.

Billy I.
It looks like that would work using high right english. But I don't think he would shoot this with so many balls out in the open for his opponent and not much reward for himself if he made the 3 ball.

dsb8541

No one thinks thinning the three and rolling up behind the 12 on the long rail to triple him up is any good? Seems fairly simple

senor

Verified Member
dsb8541 said:
No one thinks thinning the three and rolling up behind the 12 on the long rail to triple him up is any good? Seems fairly simple

I don't want my opponent to be able to make a bridge the next shot. I want him shooting from the end rail.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
petie said:
My shot but I was wrong about the kiss. A millimeter to Jose's left and there is no kiss.
Yeah, but often that little half-kiss does not hurt, since it sends away the object ball anyway. I guess it remains to be seen if it hurt here.