J. Brumback vs. J. Miller 2004 D.C.C.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Looks like the idiot thinks he can curve around the 7 and stiff the 9:eek: What an idiot if he trys that shot.I don't know what he should have done but not that.John B.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
There isn't an offensive shot so you have to try to out move Miller to get the first shot. Kicking in the 2 ball isn't any good, you leave Miller an easy return safety shooting off the 7 ball. Your best chance to win the first shot is to try to get Miller to make the 2 ball. I would do that by lagging onto the top of the 2 ball softly to see what he does.

Dr Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Need more than a diagram

Need more than a diagram

There isn't an offensive shot so you have to try to out move Miller to get the first shot. Kicking in the 2 ball isn't any good, you leave Miller an easy return safety shooting off the 7 ball. Your best chance to win the first shot is to try to get Miller to make the 2 ball. I would do that by lagging onto the top of the 2 ball softly to see what he does.

Dr Bill

Here is one of those that you need to be on a real table to be sure. I have shot the 2 ball straight back to the rt hand pocket many times, using extreme low left english, with the cue ball sliding along the head rail safe. The shot is available (and I have made it many times) IF I can get enough of the 2 ball without scratching in the pocket. The angle on the diagram doesnt show the show clearly enough. The shot appears to be right on the borderline, go or dont go.

Billy is right about one thing, kicking in the 2 and leaving the cue ball on that side of the table accomplishes nothing because it is an easy return safety off of one of the those uptable balls (8 ball) to return to the back rail.

Landing softly on top of the 7 has some merit. If your oppo is dumb enough to shoot off of the side of the ball that allows you to pocket the 7 and move the cue ball by draw or follow to the middle of the head rail where it's a lot more difficult to play safe back to the back rail.

If he was playing me, that wouldnt happen. I would try to remain either of top of the 2, or slightly off to the side of it, by using a gentle tap myself. Thereby forcing him to shoot the cue ball to the head rail where I could then shoot the 2 in.

Looking at attachment 5636, it "looks" like I cant shoot the bank to the right hand pocket, but it also "looks" like I can bank the 2 ball softly to the left side of the table and with soft draw, pull the cue ball to the middle of the back rail, the hardest place for my oppo to play a safety on me back to the end rail.

Beard

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Here is one of those that you need to be on a real table to be sure. I have shot the 7 ball straight back to the rt hand pocket many times, using extreme low left english, with the cue ball sliding along the head rail safe. The shot is available (and I have made it many times) IF I can get enough of the 7 ball without scratching in the pocket. The angle on the diagram doesnt show the show clearly enough. The shot appears to be right on the borderline, go or dont go.

Billy is right about one thing, kicking in the 7 and leaving the cue ball on that side of the table accomplishes nothing because it is an easy return safety off of one of the those uptable balls (8 ball) to return to the back rail.

Landing softly on top of the 7 has some merit. If your oppo is dumb enough to shoot off of the side of the ball that allows you to pocket the 7 and move the cue ball by draw or follow to the middle of the head rail where it's a lot more difficult to play safe back to the back rail.

If he was playing me, that wouldnt happen. I would try to remain either of top of the 7, or slightly off to the side of it, by using a gentle tap myself. Thereby forcing him to shoot the cue ball to the head rail where I could then shoot the 7 in.

Looking at attachment 5636, it "looks" like I cant shoot the bank to the right hand pocket, but it also "looks" like I can bank the 7 ball softly to the left side of the table and with soft draw, pull the cue ball to the middle of the back rail, the hardest place for my oppo to play a safety on me back to the end rail.

Beard

Did Artie write this post for you? you have to be shitting me

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Looks like the idiot thinks he can curve around the 7 and stiff the 9:eek: What an idiot if he trys that shot.I don't know what he should have done but not that.John B.

I have seen that guy play, he can't make a ball. Whatever he does, trust me, it will be the WRONG shot for SURE :)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not funny, pal

Not funny, pal

Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
Here is one of those that you need to be on a real table to be sure. I have shot the 2 ball straight back to the rt hand pocket many times, using extreme low left english, with the cue ball sliding along the head rail safe. The shot is available (and I have made it many times) IF I can get enough of the 2 ball without scratching in the pocket. The angle on the diagram doesnt show the show clearly enough. The shot appears to be right on the borderline, go or dont go.

Billy is right about one thing, kicking in the 2 and leaving the cue ball on that side of the table accomplishes nothing because it is an easy return safety off of one of the those uptable balls (8 ball) to return to the back rail.

Landing softly on top of the 2 has some merit. If your oppo is dumb enough to shoot off of the side of the ball that allows you to pocket the 2 and move the cue ball by draw or follow to the middle of the head rail where it's a lot more difficult to play safe back to the back rail.

If he was playing me, that wouldnt happen. I would try to remain either of top of the 2, or slightly off to the side of it, by using a gentle tap myself. Thereby forcing him to shoot the cue ball to the head rail where I could then shoot the 7 in.

Looking at attachment 5636, it "looks" like I cant shoot the bank to the right hand pocket, but it also "looks" like I can bank the 2 ball softly to the left side of the table and with soft draw, pull the cue ball to the middle of the back rail, the hardest place for my oppo to play a safety on me back to the end rail.

Beard

Did Artie write this post for you? you have to be shitting me

After I took the time to try and analyze the situation as best I know how, and then present a complete explanation, based on 50 years experience playing the best bankers in the world all over the country, I dont take it too well that you are going to piss on what I have to say, and ridicule it.

If you are trying to make a joke, it aint funny. Am I a little sensitive about the knowledge I sweated blood and bankroll to accumulate over the years? You ****in right I am. I think, maybe you are kidding? I hope you are kidding.
No matter, my knowledge is not a haha area.

With your zero bank pool credentials you should be smart enough to relegate your opinion to the "keep quiet" department.

I spent 4 years with a guy like you on this forum, sabotaging my experience. One guy like that is enough, and I wont suffer through another one. I'll just turn the lectern over to you.

Beard

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Landing softly on top of the 2 has some merit. If your oppo is dumb enough to shoot off of the side of the ball that allows you to pocket the 2 and move the cue ball by draw or follow to the middle of the head rail where it's a lot more difficult to play safe back to the back rail.

If he was playing me, that wouldnt happen. I would try to remain either of top of the 2, or slightly off to the side of it, by using a gentle tap myself. Thereby forcing him to shoot the cue ball to the head rail where I could then shoot the 2 in.

Beard

Freddy,

That's the proper evaluation of the layout but I think you're calling the 2 ball the 7 ball:eek:.

ball numbers.jpg

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well, since he already gave up the ghost I may as well show what "full-speed ahead & don't ever play safe breath" shot:

He missed the 9 a little wide.

JB's Shot.jpg

He left Jason (or Justin as DD likes to call him:)) here:

CapturedPicture_7.Jpeg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
To the Hacker...

To the Hacker...

After Dennis made me aware that I was referencing the wrong ball in my treatise (as you should have), The 7 instead of the 2, I can now SOMEWHAT understand your snide little comment, so I am retracting about 60% of the vitriol I bestowed on you in my reply. However, you certainly must have known what I was actually referring to. And with that, you should have mentioned somewhere in that cute remark that I had identified the wrong ball so as to alert the other people who might read the post.

The substance of my post was what was important anyway.

Now after it has been established that he could see the 9 ball for the straight back, I would agree with his choice of shooting at it. I am assuming he didnt have to curve the cue ball.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
(I should delete my "slight apology" post now that most of the "evidence" has been destroyed.)

Beard

Originally Posted by fred bentivegna View Post
Here is one of those that you need to be on a real table to be sure. I have shot the 7 ball straight back to the rt hand pocket many times, using extreme low left english, with the cue ball sliding along the head rail safe. The shot is available (and I have made it many times) IF I can get enough of the 7 ball without scratching in the pocket. The angle on the diagram doesnt show the show clearly enough. The shot appears to be right on the borderline, go or dont go.

Billy is right about one thing, kicking in the 7 and leaving the cue ball on that side of the table accomplishes nothing because it is an easy return safety off of one of the those uptable balls (8 ball) to return to the back rail.

If he was playing me, that wouldnt happen. I would try to remain either of top of the 7, or slightly off to the side of it, by using a gentle tap myself. Thereby forcing him to shoot the cue ball to the head rail where I could then shoot the 7 in.

Looking at attachment 5636, it "looks" like I cant shoot the bank to the right hand pocket, but it also "looks" like I can bank the 7 ball softly to the left side of the table and with soft draw, pull the cue ball to the middle of the back rail, the hardest place for my oppo to play a safety on me back to the end rail.

Beard

Reread your entire post above... if you cant find anything wrong with it i give up.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dear catfishbreath,

So then, what SHOULD you have done from there?

Barrag Breath

Pollution breath I was dam if i do and dam if i don't.Maybe i should have rolled into the 2 but then he would just kick it in on me.But if he did that i could fire at that 3 straight back but that's a sell out shot or if i didn't he would do that to me.(he doesn't care or think about selling out)I would not like to let him have a shot at that 3.( bad idea with this guy)He would shoot at it and probably make it too.He is very dangerous and very hard to judge.He will fire at em bout like me.Sometimes you just got to in this short rack.This is one of the few shots I remember in all them matches.I didn't know what to do and yes!! I did have to curve around that ball a little bit Fred! Ya'll understand any of that? Been out all night a fishin:lol John B.