J. Bergman vs. C. Deuel 2013 Tunica

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Just watched this match this morning. Justin played very well. I agree that I would want to shoot the 8 but I don't think he did.

senor

Verified Member
I would move the 14 and follow the CB to the long rail by the 13/4.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

That's the shot I would probably take, because of the 5-0 lead. Roll the CB through the 14 and try to leave the CB on the rail directly in from the 13 ball (at 2-1/4 diamond). I wouldn't want to leave the CB any further north toward the 4, so as not to leave the opponent a free cross corner on the 13.

Although it's not the best choice because of the 5-0 lead, a decent offensive shot would be to bank the 5 straight back, and let the CB drift forward enough so that the 8 blocks the 14 ball shot. I believe that's the shot Jtom mentioned.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I looked at moving the 14 first, but there are five balls that bank towards Bergmans pocket. Not sure I can hide the QB and not give up a good bank anyways.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I looked at moving the 14 first, but there are five balls that bank towards Bergmans pocket. Not sure I can hide the QB and not give up a good bank anyways.

That's what I was thinking. Once again I would do something simple and easy and not hand him a thing. I might just knock the stripe into those balls that are good banks to his pocket, and mess them up a bit and bring the cue back down to the rail...