Inside English/Pinching the bank?

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Thanks Dennis,I'm gonna try to explain how to make this shot.

First,you need to over cut this shot and not worry about It going long,cause If you hit It like I'm going to tell ya It won't go long.Ok,this Is what I call a stun hit.Now don't use alot of spin,just a touch of Inside.Now here's the tricks to making this shot.Jack the butt of your cue up just a little,raise your bridge,just alittle,(you need to go down Into the cball with your stroke on this shot).You don't want your cball to spin.(just a touch of Inside) Now,with medium speed, shoot It and stun the cball so that It creeps forward 2 or 3 ins.( the creeping forward with the cball, Is what helps hold the ball up so It doesn't go long)If you start out getting double kisses just keep cutting It a little more untill you make the shot.It's a hard shot If you don't know how to make It.Don't give up,keep playing with It.As soon as you make It the first time,you'll have an (ah ha moment)

In all my years,I have not seen very many people that can make this shot before I show em all these little tricks.I hope some of you guys try this shot and get back to me and let me know how It went for ya.That's alot of my secrets rolled Into one shot.Please don't show this to many people,unless there here on this site.Your welcome,John B.

First and most important i'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to post this John. It is very nice of you to help others out with their banking like this.

I'd just like to say real quick, I know i'm a newcomer here. I'm a decent player, yet I moved to Thailand a year ago and for whatever reason, have been practicing nothing but banks since I got here for that one year. I felt like a little kid in a candy store the other night when I found this bank section, I must have spent 3 hours reading.

I did have an opportunity today to try this shot and your suggestions John. I had less than 10 minutes to do it because of my playing partner, but I did make it once. It was going long for me. I found when I did make it the speed was crucial, getting it just right to where it can grab the most. I found that speed to be softer than I had imagined. I toyed around with everything you said, and I think i'll have better luck next time.

Anyway, i'll report back on that.

Lastly, I just want to say a quick hello to everybody. I have literally become obsessed with banks, I think about them all the time, and I look forward to more reading and perhaps posting some in the future.

Regards,

Jeff

John Brumback

Verified Member
First and most important i'd just like to say thanks for taking the time to post this John. It is very nice of you to help others out with their banking like this.

I'd just like to say real quick, I know i'm a newcomer here. I'm a decent player, yet I moved to Thailand a year ago and for whatever reason, have been practicing nothing but banks since I got here for that one year. I felt like a little kid in a candy store the other night when I found this bank section, I must have spent 3 hours reading.

I did have an opportunity today to try this shot and your suggestions John. I had less than 10 minutes to do it because of my playing partner, but I did make it once. It was going long for me. I found when I did make it the speed was crucial, getting it just right to where it can grab the most. I found that speed to be softer than I had imagined. I toyed around with everything you said, and I think i'll have better luck next time.

Anyway, i'll report back on that.

Lastly, I just want to say a quick hello to everybody. I have literally become obsessed with banks, I think about them all the time, and I look forward to more reading and perhaps posting some in the future.

Regards,

Jeff

Thanks Tyler Jeff, and your very welcome.Come back more often.John B.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Thanks Tyler Jeff, and your very welcome.Come back more often.John B.

I got a chance to shoot that hold up shot again today. I don't know what happened, honest.... but I made the very first one, then I missed one, then I made 3, then I missed a few long..... then after that I just couldn't miss it for a while (enter big smiley face here).

I have to hit the cb low to make this, and then let it knuckle as you say, and then just start to turn over with that touch of inside. I don't do as well striking the cb in the middle, I have no idea why that is, I don't care either, haha. I noticed the speed was really the thing for me, when I got that, the ob really started to come short.

Anyway, thanks again. This is one of the single greatest threads ever for me. I have pretty much stopped drawing my rock on banks in general cus of this thread.... i'm not sure why I drew so much before, just bad habit picked up from who the heck knows where. I'm loving this whole knuckle ball theory and shortening things up too.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I guess I was lucky, when I visited the Beard... he set this shot up over and over until I could make it... but then again he showed me several "stroke" shots that make banks easy, and alot more fun when you know what is actually going on with the shot...

For those of us who are retentive, inquisitive in the why of the shot...

Bille

P.S. Banks that don't look like they go but do, explains this really well...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Thanks...

Thanks...

I guess I was lucky, when I visited the Beard... he set this shot up over and over until I could make it... but then again he showed me several "stroke" shots that make banks easy, and alot more fun when you know what is actually going on with the shot...

For those of us who are retentive, inquisitive in the why of the shot...

Bille

P.S. Banks that don't look like they go but do, explains this really well...

...for your kind words, Brother Bille.

Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
his tapes cover the stroke shots really well... but it has to do with grip pressure, bridge height, how to hit stun shots... etc...
i was lucky in the fact he worked with me for a week...

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Right on.....

Right on.....

.......regarding all of the above Billie.I got Freddies book and its a keeper.It would be great in person of course,thanks,Jack