I guess it's time to vote

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
My suggested timing gives us two full hours for meeting, calcutta, draw, and warm-up, so I think we can hash out a lot of details at the players' meeting if we need to. Then, if we're actually ready to start the first round before noon, we can do that.

Why don't we hash out the details now. Save that time here ...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I looked at Lacys website. It says they dont open until 4pm. Who will be opening the doors for us and how will we get food or drinks? I really do need to bring my own food after Houston if I go. The Best Western looks about ten blocks away, is this a safe area of NO to walk?
Bill, there isn't that much crime in Chalmette-- more so than most any other smallish town. There's probably drug related crime most everywhere now. It's not really in New Orleans, although it's in the general metro area. I'd guess it's a 15-20 minute drive to the French Quarter; 20-30 mins. from the airport.

To compare, the population of Chalmette is only 1/3 of Santa Cruz's, with the people friendly and not nearly as goofy.:D

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Bill, there isn't that much crime in Chalmette-- more so than most any other smallish town. There's probably drug related crime most everywhere now. It's not really in New Orleans, although it's in the general metro area. I'd guess it's a 15-20 minute drive to the French Quarter; 20-30 mins. from the airport.

To compare, the population of Chalmette is only 1/3 of Santa Cruz's, with the people friendly and not nearly as goofy.:D

~Doc

"Not nearly as goofy as Santa Cruz" could be considered "Damning with faint praise." :D

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Well i don't know how that will affect basic rules. For instance are we playing three foul? Re-rack with a ball made on break..I prefer these two rules.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

~Doc

Santa Cruz goofy? Laid back, relaxed, most progressive beach town in America with beautiful people and beaches? Whats goofy about that? I lived in the French Quarter and it was the only time in my life that I felt like I needed to carry a weapon on me at all times. This was when I was a partner in an antiques shop in the French Quarter. The best thing I felt was the the biggest draw for me to NO was that the bars were open 24 hours a day. A friend of mine owned a bar close to our shop and we all got thrown out for drinking Mezcal and eating the worm. Since when is it out of bounds to throw darts at the bottles on the wall?
The Best Western filled up while I was trying to book a room. I may stay at a place close to Lake Pontchartrain. Still trying to decide if I can make this tournament, Super Seniors, DCC, this year.
My wife computers hard drive fracture and that was a big hit to my fun money.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Hey...
Who's runnin this show...
Who's winnin the race... Who's comin to the party...
Talk about fallin down on the job...
How about an updated list of attendees, I may want to make a little book with some of youse... Get some friendly little side bets going :):):)

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Santa Cruz goofy? Laid back, relaxed, most progressive beach town in America with beautiful people and beaches? Whats goofy about that? I lived in the French Quarter and it was the only time in my life that I felt like I needed to carry a weapon on me at all times. This was when I was a partner in an antiques shop in the French Quarter. The best thing I felt was the the biggest draw for me to NO was that the bars were open 24 hours a day. A friend of mine owned a bar close to our shop and we all got thrown out for drinking Mezcal and eating the worm. Since when is it out of bounds to throw darts at the bottles on the wall?
The Best Western filled up while I was trying to book a room. I may stay at a place close to Lake Pontchartrain. Still trying to decide if I can make this tournament, Super Seniors, DCC, this year.
My wife computers hard drive fracture and that was a big hit to my fun money.

Santa Cruz makes a great mountain bike:D I won't comment on the California nuts:eek:

I'd carry two guns if I lived in the French Quarter:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hey...
Who's runnin this show...
Who's winnin the race... Who's comin to the party...
Talk about fallin down on the job...
How about an updated list of attendees, I may want to make a little book with some of youse... Get some friendly little side bets going :):):)

As far as I know I've added everyone who has voted.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
As far as I know I've added everyone who has voted.

I don't see the list. I checked the original list in this thread and it seems to lack the following possibilities... Some people posted their intentions in an earlier thread, do they count? How about the members who did not vote for Lacy's, might some of them also decide to go to Nawlins, even though they voted Memphis?

Jerry Matchin said he was in... Tom Wirth also. Frank Almanza too... Maybe more, don't know for sure... Rob Melrose voted for Lacy's, that must mean he plans on attending.

The voting on location ends soon, not sure the date, but can the list be added to right up until tournament time or will you need to know the exact number of attendees beforehand in order to make optimum plans for everything...

DCC one pocket rules work for me... And if time permits, a 4/3 true double elimination tournament... If not, then 3/2 is cool...

Wonder if we could have a dinner break get together at say 6:00 to 8:00 Saturday evening and resume with a final round of play after dinner, would that work John? Maybe have it catered at everyone's expense, say $25.00 per person including tip? Does that sound possible, and would Lacy's allow it or would that be in advisable in terms of protocol? Is Lacy's full bar? Makes up a lot for Lacy's if we are buying all our drinks from them...

Pickin fresh boiled blue crab, downing fresh off the boat peel and eats and washing them down with your favorite brewski, makes for a conversation filled table of happy people the coon-ass way.... Sayee-etts-good dem shrimp...:)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't see the list. I checked the original list in this thread and it seems to lack the following possibilities... Some people posted their intentions in an earlier thread, do they count? How about the members who did not vote for Lacy's, might some of them also decide to go to Nawlins, even though they voted Memphis?

I indicated in the first post here that I wasn't moving people's names here as a result of their expressed intent elsewhere. I can start a new thread to answer your questions but I won't be editing a master list every time someone speaks up.

Jerry Matchin said he was in... Tom Wirth also. Frank Almanza too... Maybe more, don't know for sure... Rob Melrose voted for Lacy's, that must mean he plans on attending.

I added Matchin just now, but the other 3 were already listed in the first post on this thread.

The voting on location ends soon, not sure the date,

It was scheduled to end tonight but for practical purposes it's been over for 2-3 days.
but can the list be added to right up until tournament time or will you need to know the exact number of attendees beforehand in order to make optimum plans for everything...

Nah, I don't think we need to know, but an indication will probably help. Any verified member that shows up should get a slot.

DCC one pocket rules work for me... And if time permits, a 4/3 true double elimination tournament... If not, then 3/2 is cool...

Sounds good to me.

Wonder if we could have a dinner break get together at say 6:00 to 8:00 Saturday evening and resume with a final round of play after dinner, would that work John? Maybe have it catered at everyone's expense, say $25.00 per person including tip? Does that sound possible, and would Lacy's allow it or would that be in advisable in terms of protocol? Is Lacy's full bar? Makes up a lot for Lacy's if we are buying all our drinks from them...

Full bar, and as I understand it, a private room we can use for get-together (but I'm not sure about that. I'm hoping the Nawlins area guys will mostly carry the ball from here.) If we gather at 10:00 Sat and Sun, we'll be buying lots of lunches there.

I'm good with anything that gets decided. I'll just be happy to be there and spend my hunnert. :)