I guess it's time to vote

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If I go Ill stream it, but do you really want the rest of the pool world seeing how bad we all play?

C'mon over Bill, it's gonna be fun... Bring all the California guys with you... What else we gotta do... If you stream it, I'd like to try commentating if you need any help... I could identify all the gopher/ white flag shots instantly...
You could be the voice of reason...:)

If you can get the California group to come, I'll campaign for a West Coast swing next year...

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
From their website, I would chose Lacy's as it looks really nice and is no smoking for the most part. I could not get that info from Southhaven's website, anyone know if that room is non-smoking?

Since it seems the chosen room is non-smoking (Lacy's), if I can get away in Sept I will try to attend. I like that we pay upon arrival so last minute would be OK. Plus I would like to see Kentucky Bill get sick, I missed it last time. (joke)

Thanks for doing this, all.

Dave

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Good. I suggest we have an exceedingly brief player's meeting at 11:00, then the Calcutta (if necessary), then play some one hole.:)

~Doc

I'd prefer 10:00 on Saturday for players' meeting and calcutta, then practice/warmup, first matches at 12:00 noon. 10:00 practice/warmup on Sun, first matches at 11:00.

Anyone with thoughts on times, speak up.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd prefer 10:00 on Saturday for players' meeting and calcutta, then practice/warmup, first matches at 12:00 noon. 10:00 practice/warmup on Sun, first matches at 11:00.

10:00 is even better to get things rolling.

I think streaming would give the guys who couldn't attend an idea of how the participants play, and would be good for a few laughs. But there would be zero interest from anyone else. Pooldom would give us a collective yawn.:D Fans would suddenly have the urge to check various weather reports, or to investigate science sites that they'd been meaning to; or maybe start an online course on statistics.:lol

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I think we should wait until we know how many players we have playing before deciding on times.

Have we decided on winner/loser side races.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
10:00 is even better to get things rolling.

I think streaming would give the guys who couldn't attend an idea of how the participants play, and would be good for a few laughs. But there would be zero interest from anyone else. Pooldom would give us a collective yawn.:D Fans would suddenly have the urge to check various weather reports, or to investigate science sites that they'd been meaning to; or maybe start an online course on statistics.:lol

~Doc

Thanks for the high praise for my streams. I am offering my best selling books at 2/3rds off for the event. 50 losing shots in one pocket, 51 losing shots and the all time best seller 52 losing shots. My road buddy isnt going so I will have to look at it closely.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Are you sure you can handle the spicy food without a hospital visit? :D

Whenever I travel now, no airport food, no airplane food. I go to the grocery where ever I am and buy my own food. That was a scary event for me. I still cant find a pair of pants to fit.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I think we should wait until we know how many players we have playing before deciding on times.

Have we decided on winner/loser side races.

I proposed 3/2, but if we only had 16 players we could go to 4/3. That may be another thing to decide later, maybe even at the players' meeting.

We dead money guys might prefer 5/5.... make you water moccasins earn it. :D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I looked at Lacys website. It says they dont open until 4pm. Who will be opening the doors for us and how will we get food or drinks? I really do need to bring my own food after Houston if I go. The Best Western looks about ten blocks away, is this a safe area of NO to walk?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I looked at Lacys website. It says they dont open until 4pm. Who will be opening the doors for us and how will we get food or drinks? I really do need to bring my own food after Houston if I go. The Best Western looks about ten blocks away, is this a safe area of NO to walk?

Just for you Lacy's will open at 10am:)

Safer than Chicago:eek:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Too close to the Super Seniors. He intends to hold the title.

I've got a solution for two problems I see here:

John did a lot of walking to prepare physically for the Super Senior last year. (I'll bet you know already where I'm going with this :heh )

Just tell him to walk to Nawlins. Win/win. :D

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I proposed 3/2, but if we only had 16 players we could go to 4/3. That may be another thing to decide later, maybe even at the players' meeting.:D

Another consideration: if 3/2, how about making the Final a single race to 5 instead of two sets. In April at the seniors, the Final started about 9:00 pm and didn't finish till 4:00 in the morning. Something to discuss at players meeting.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Another consideration: if 3/2, how about making the Final a single race to 5 instead of two sets. In April at the seniors, the Final started about 9:00 pm and didn't finish till 4:00 in the morning. Something to discuss at players meeting.

My suggested timing gives us two full hours for meeting, calcutta, draw, and warm-up, so I think we can hash out a lot of details at the players' meeting if we need to. Then, if we're actually ready to start the first round before noon, we can do that.