How good was ...?

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
How good was Steve Gumphreys and how good was Buffalo Jerry (crazy Jerry) ... ?
I only got to see Jerry play for about an hour (not enough) and Gumphreys (sp) died before I could see him.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
S. Gumphrey

S. Gumphrey

... documentation

Attachments

• ClydeChildress tourney 85.jpg
    ClydeChildress tourney 85.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 2

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Do you see how many champions the old Beard finished in front of? That was the tournament where I beat Kelly like a barn mule playing 9 rock. Notice how far Incardona finished behind me.

Beard

Actually Fred, Billy outshot you .738 to .737 ouch and since neither of you made a dime i would say he out played you. :lol great shooting billy.

Last edited:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
TPA they called it

TPA they called it

I get the impression that Accu-Stats started with just stats ...

Attachments

• Clyde Tourney in 85.jpg
    Clyde Tourney in 85.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 0

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
... does this answer ?

Attachments

• Clyde total performance  85.jpg
    Clyde total performance 85.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 1

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
BuffaloJerry only talked to and answered himself while playing and he never cut balls in 8 and a half feet down table and I guess Crazy Jerry wouldn't bet that water was wet ... Gumphrey's must have been a more talented pingpong player than poolplayer ...

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Do you see how many champions the old Beard finished in front of? That was the tournament where I beat Kelly like a barn mule playing 9 rock. Notice how far Incardona finished behind me.

Beard

Yes you did finish well ahead of me, so did 100 other players. I was 42 or 43 years old at that time, i'm thinking I came off of retirement to have played as poorly as I did. My TPA. average was a horrible 738. TPA is your "total performance average" Any ways, good playing.:)

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I have a vague opinion on both players, but the best I can remember is that they would of been a very close game, with Gumphreys a little favorite.

When Jerry was right he was a very dangerous player, but Gumphreys was a more consistent player by far and that's what imo makes him the better of the two.

Dr. Bill