How good was Mike Carella

SJDinPHX

Suspended
LOL sorry im not as perfect as you Billy. It must be nice to go through life as you so without ever making a gambling mistake...wait you made one...make that 2

Watch out Bill, the Hacker's needle is extra sharp today, NOT !...Did you notice how he decimated me AGAIN..without even remotely addressing ANYTHING related to the original subject ???.:rolleyes:

Methinks he may be one of Newt Gingrich's illigitimate son's...:p :p :p

SuperDuck <--Is not surprised he has NO answers...Lets have another story Hack..:lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Watch out Bill, the Hacker's needle is extra sharp today, NOT !...Did you notice how he decimated me AGAIN..without even remotely addressing ANYTHING related to the original subject ???.:rolleyes:

Methinks he may be one of Newt Gingrich's illigitimate son's...:p :p :p

SuperDuck <--Is not surprised he has NO answers...Lets have another story Hack..:lol

No i was done with you. I like people like Billy who can dish it out and TAKE it. Billy doesnt go crying to anyone. From now on go back to directing your brags at freddy.
P.S. does a tree that falls in the forest make a sound if nobody is there to hear it?...... did all these claims of victory really happen if nobody is alive to verify them?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
No i was done with you. I like people like Billy who can dish it out and TAKE it. Billy doesnt go crying to anyone. From now on go back to directing your brags at freddy.
P.S. does a tree that falls in the forest make a sound if nobody is there to hear it?...... did all these claims of victory really happen if nobody is alive to verify them? <---**Very clever...

Thats Cool !..I shall be done wasting ink on you too. I guess now you are accusing ME of crying to Booth too ? :rolleyes:

**Please, for the record...tell me which of my four witnesses/verifiers, (in post #81)..is NOT still alive ?.:confused:

SuperDuck <---Strikes the final blow..AGAIN..:lol :lol :sorry

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Thats Cool !..I shall be done wasting ink on you too. I guess now you are accusing ME of crying to Booth too ? :rolleyes:

PS..Please, for the record...tell me which of my witnesses/verifiers (in post #81)..is NOT still alive ?.:confused:

SuperDuck <---Strikes the final blow..AGAIN..:lol :lol :sorry

Since i joined this site you have made one sensible statement... here it is again for the world to see The Hacker may be my new 'hero'...He is at least twice as sarcastic as myself, plus he has a much more vivid imagination...I would say he can give Don Rickles, (my old hero) two picks, and the hit..
Im also twice as smart as you SJD have a nice day
The Hacker has toe tagged another one.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Since i joined this site you have made one sensible statement... here it is again for the world to see The Hacker may be my new 'hero'...He is at least twice as sarcastic as myself, plus he has a much more vivid imagination...I would say he can give Don Rickles, (my old hero) two picks, and the hit..
Im also twice as smart as you SJD have a nice day

Forgive me..But that was before I realized what a complete windbag/idiot you really were..:sorry

SuperDuck <---Is at least 10 times smarter, than the Hacker...And 30 times better looking...The only area the Hacker wins in, is 'weight class'..:p

PS...You have a good day too sir,...(hauling all that excess baggage around, can't be that much fun)..:lol :lol :lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Forgive me..But that was before I realized what a complete windbag/idiot you really were..:sorry

SuperDuck <---Is at least 10 times smarter, than the Hacker...And 30 times better looking...The only area the Hacker wins in, is 'weight class'...

PS...You have a good day...(hauling all that excess baggage around, can't be fun)..:lol :lol :lol

deleted... screw it

Last edited:

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
respect

respect

THIS is the guy someone on here said "if you don't like him ,there's something wrong with you"? Take's all kinds, I guess

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
THIS is the guy someone on here said "if you don't like him ,there's something wrong with you"? Take's all kinds, I guess

That was me. Observing someone on an internet forum isn't the same as meeting him in person. Forums to a large degree are about domination and pecking order. If you are new to a forum, you must carve out your place in the hierarchy. If you are the least bit opinionated, you will catch heat from the old guard trying to establish dominance over you. You have two choices..eat shit or give it back. Just because OPH is good at giving it back doesn't make him a bad guy. If you knew him just a little as I do, you would picture him laughing and giggling every time he writes something. He's really up for the fun and, BTW he doesn't eat shit. Anyone surprised? For homework watch 6 episodes of "Escape to Chimp Eden" on the Animal Channel.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
That was me. Observing someone on an internet forum isn't the same as meeting him in person. Forums to a large degree are about domination and pecking order. If you are new to a forum, you must carve out your place in the hierarchy. If you are the least bit opinionated, you will catch heat from the old guard trying to establish dominance over you. You have two choices..eat shit or give it back. Just because OPH is good at giving it back doesn't make him a bad guy. If you knew him just a little as I do, you would picture him laughing and giggling every time he writes something. He's really up for the fun and, BTW he doesn't eat shit. Anyone surprised? For homework watch 6 episodes of "Escape to Chimp Eden" on the Animal Channel.

Petie you are wasting your breath trying to talk to these guys. As i have said Petie these guys all like to dish it out but cant take it. The difference between me and them is when i give it to them i laugh, when they give it to me i laugh, whn they give to me they laugh, but when i give it to them they cry, bitch, whine,.I just gave Cowboy a compliment for the poem he wrote and he told me to kill myself and the Duck agreed LMFAO. Like im going to kill myself over these 2 thin skinned, weak minded, non playing, coward in real life pieces of trash. Its all fun and games for these guys until someone gives in back to them. Thats why they will both die lonely drunken miserable lives. I have more laughs in a day than these 2 jerkoffs have had in their lives. How you met me and we got along Petie is how i am in real life everyday, fun and laughs. To me you take the internet with a grain of salt, these guys take it like its life or death. Im here because i like the discussions on shots, I might be able to match up an for the needling. These guys just got to realize they have NO SHOT at winning a pissing contest. I hurt these 2 guys feelings so bad either Steve takes down my posts or after i made my point i do. The fact is they have no sense of humor AT ALL. The guys on here that have met me in person like you and Billy cant say anything bad about that. Billy is trying to match up with me again and trap me:D but thats cool and the name of the game. You and Billy are the type of guys i would hangout with in real life because you guys of have great personalities and senses of humor. Alot of these other guys are so uptight you couldnt pull a BB out of their ass with a tractor. I have had SO many PMS from guys on here that said they have wanted to give it to these guys for years beacuase they think they run the show and bulldog everyone. Some of these guys so called "buddies" think they are complete jerkoffs.
take care Petie,

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
So i guess mike carella was a good player.

wait...............is this the right thread.

ok, i just doublechecked and it is, some jerk-offs got side tracked.

Jesse James

mike carella the real story

mike carella the real story

around 1975 jay swanson aka swanee a friend of mine from my california days , stopped by the pool hall i was hanging out .we were talking when he asked me if i knew mike carella.i said sure ive known him since 1967. jay said that he was the best player in the world to which i responded i knew he was a terrific player, jay said again that he was the best player in the world and that he was not kidding. jay said he went down to tallahassee fl. to play carella even 9ball because carella had a high betting stakehorse bill bailey. when jay got there mike was giving a strong player the 7 and mike robbed him.jay was a tremendous player himself but saw that he could not win even but he asked for the 8 and got it. jay thought he had the nuts. carella destroyed him jay said he didnt have a chance, that nobody could play as good as carella. i called my old road partner gordon guy a tremendous one pocket player from st louis, he flew down and we drove to tallahassee. gordon said the had just played ronnie allen gordon got 10 to 8 on his break and 9 to 7 on ronnie,s break and that ronnie didnt get there and this is when ronnie was number one.i had just started back playing pool after a 2 year layoff we had made some good money along the way. when we got to tallahassee i got carella to give me the nuts 9 to 6 and the break. after 14 hours of play i had just won 4 games in a row to get even.i had never seen anyone run out so much.i told gordon i was real tired but i got carella now . he ran 9 and out the next 5 games in a row.i quit and made an appointment to play again the next day at 2pm.when we got there the next day i had been knocked and carella would not give me the same game. he didnt know gordon, mike thought he was my backer,so when gordon started wolfing at him he agreed to give gordon 8 to 5 and the break.they played 20 hours to a standstill and gordon played real good it was 5 and out for him and 8 and out for mike for 20 hours.it was the best pool ive ever seen.mike cant give gordon 9 to 7 alternate breaks but he gave him the nuts for 20 hours.unreal from the time mike carella was 25 until his death at around 28 he was the best one pocket player in the world.i also thought he was the 2nd best 9ball player behind buddy hall.even though i saw him play buddy even for money in baton rouge in 1978 they only played one set and mike won.dont know if they played again.i saw mike in new orleans he gave earl heisler 9 to 7 tough game on earl,s table. bugs lost at same game and earl beat ronnie 11 games at 11 to 8.mike told me he had played and beat allen hopkins in new jersey on hopkins homecourt.thats how mike was he was a gunslinger, he wanted to play tough games against the best players.he bet his own money and bet high.i saw him give a high playing b level player 20 to 8 and the break. mike ran a few 20 and out and the game was over all of mike,s playing was on the old wool cloth where it was much tougher to pocket balls and giving weight was a lot harder.was he cheap, probably.could he get you mad at him yes.i offered to put up a thousand and go outside and fight him for it,we were about the same size.he declined, what he did to bugs was awful but we,ve all done things we should,nt have. he was a gentleman at the pool table while you were playing him.he paid for his shortcommings and bad decisions with his life that should be enough let him rest in peace. i liked him and when he died he was the best in the world at playing both games and anyone who says different just does not know jj

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
around 1975 jay swanson aka swanee a friend of mine from my california days , stopped by the pool hall i was hanging out .we were talking when he asked me if i knew mike carella.i said sure ive known him since 1967. jay said that he was the best player in the world to which i responded i knew he was a terrific player, jay said again that he was the best player in the world and that he was not kidding. jay said he went down to tallahassee fl. to play carella even 9ball because carella had a high betting stakehorse bill bailey. when jay got there mike was giving a strong player the 7 and mike robbed him.jay was a tremendous player himself but saw that he could not win even but he asked for the 8 and got it. jay thought he had the nuts. carella destroyed him jay said he didnt have a chance, that nobody could play as good as carella. i called my old road partner gordon guy a tremendous one pocket player from st louis, he flew down and we drove to tallahassee. gordon said the had just played ronnie allen gordon got 10 to 8 on his break and 9 to 7 on ronnie,s break and that ronnie didnt get there and this is when ronnie was number one.i had just started back playing pool after a 2 year layoff we had made some good money along the way. when we got to tallahassee i got carella to give me the nuts 9 to 6 and the break. after 14 hours of play i had just won 4 games in a row to get even.i had never seen anyone run out so much.i told gordon i was real tired but i got carella now . he ran 9 and out the next 5 games in a row.i quit and made an appointment to play again the next day at 2pm.when we got there the next day i had been knocked and carella would not give me the same game. he didnt know gordon, mike thought he was my backer,so when gordon started wolfing at him he agreed to give gordon 8 to 5 and the break.they played 20 hours to a standstill and gordon played real good it was 5 and out for him and 8 and out for mike for 20 hours.it was the best pool ive ever seen.mike cant give gordon 9 to 7 alternate breaks but he gave him the nuts for 20 hours.unreal from the time mike carella was 25 until his death at around 28 he was the best one pocket player in the world.i also thought he was the 2nd best 9ball player behind buddy hall.even though i saw him play buddy even for money in baton rouge in 1978 they only played one set and mike won.dont know if they played again.i saw mike in new orleans he gave earl heisler 9 to 7 tough game on earl,s table. bugs lost at same game and earl beat ronnie 11 games at 11 to 8.mike told me he had played and beat allen hopkins in new jersey on hopkins homecourt.thats how mike was he was a gunslinger, he wanted to play tough games against the best players.he bet his own money and bet high.i saw him give a high playing b level player 20 to 8 and the break. mike ran a few 20 and out and the game was over all of mike,s playing was on the old wool cloth where it was much tougher to pocket balls and giving weight was a lot harder.was he cheap, probably.could he get you mad at him yes.i offered to put up a thousand and go outside and fight him for it,we were about the same size.he declined, what he did to bugs was awful but we,ve all done things we should,nt have. he was a gentleman at the pool table while you were playing him.he paid for his shortcommings and bad decisions with his life that should be enough let him rest in peace. i liked him and when he died he was the best in the world at playing both games and anyone who says different just does not know jj
Carella was a hell of a player but this story seems like a little stretch, to say the least. What's your real name, and where did you say you were from?

Billy I.

onepockethacker

Verified Member

Thank you for telling your story. Dont worry these guys on here will rip you to shreds.

Jesse James

how good was mike carella

how good was mike carella

what my name is dosent matter and i didnt say where i was from.i posted this for the onepockethacker he asked to know. everything i said was true,i dont care who believes it.earl schriver hooked gordon guy and me up when i was a teen.we traveled alot together over the years.billy you were wrong about carella playing ronnie 9 to 8 at a pool tournament in mobile al. first of all it was just outside of birmingham al and they played 10 to 8. i was there and i bet on carella. it was also said that marcel camp never taught anyone one pocket. i lived in miami in 77 and 78 marcel would show me things about the game for about a month being a protege of earl schriver opened the door for me.camp told me he did the same thing for carella.billy you would know me if you saw me and you would im telling the truth

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
what my name is dosent matter and i didnt say where i was from.i posted this for the onepockethacker he asked to know. everything i said was true,i dont care who believes it.earl schriver hooked gordon guy and me up when i was a teen.we traveled alot together over the years.billy you were wrong about carella playing ronnie 9 to 8 at a pool tournament in mobile al. first of all it was just outside of birmingham al and they played 10 to 8. i was there and i bet on carella. it was also said that marcel camp never taught anyone one pocket. i lived in miami in 77 and 78 marcel would show me things about the game for about a month being a protege of earl schriver opened the door for me.camp told me he did the same thing for carella.billy you would know me if you saw me and you would im telling the truth
I'm 1000% positive Ronnie played Carella 9 to 8 and lost.
That's a match up i'll never forget. Like I said Carella called me up and said that Ronnie gave him 9 to 7 and sharked him out of his money, and I flew down to stake Carella at that game. Ronnie agreed to play it on the phone but when I got there he said the most he'll give Carella was 9 to 8. I said lets play even though I was...burning up...because of what he did, but He agreed no sharking and I still felt confident about Carella winning. 9 TO 8 FOR SURE.
By the way, you're right it was Birmingham. I believed I mentioned that they played in Birminghan in an earlier thread.
Billy I.

Jesse James

you,re 1000 percent wrong unless they played more than once but the first time they played it was 10 to 8 at the tournament outside birmingham maybe they played the next day i dont know

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Wow...

Wow...

I'm sure glad I caught Carrella BEFORE he became the greatest player in the world..;)...I only wish RA would chime in, before he gets to
f-ing old to talk...:eek:

SuperDuck <---Knows the Doctor 'rarely' exagerates, but like all of us, (including Jesse James)..he is not getting any younger...Plus RA NEVER deviates from the truth...;)

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
/snip of all the lovey dovey stuff you've been "poofing" out:p

onepockethacker said:
did all these claims of victory really happen if nobody is alive to verify them?

c'mon man... up the game a little will ya? A guy can can be smart, humorous, wise, on fire.. whatever.... but those kinds of lines are old as the hills and it wouldn't hurt you to flash you own azz forward about 40 years and see if you actually have anything even if every "nobody" was still around.

And Dr.. Bill... it's damn nice to listen to some of your barbs.:D

I got a deal for you Billy. Yeah, I know... it's more my deal then yours.. hehe... but you come to vegas in May for the onehole. Now I remember we had some of the best onepocket action and commentary, because of you primarily, but strong showings with Larry S, Artie did ok, but the best was The Dr., Frostie and The Deuel. discussing another game by the master of onepocket who had no chance of winning, winning another onepocket championship. The Deuel /Reyes/Incardona is a forever classic.

Oh.. hell, got so wound up on reliving that stuff... here's the deal. I want one match with you, Mr. Dr. William, Billy, Pittsburg, In Car Don A... you and me in the booth together for one match. We can only bring in Freddy or Dick, but not both.. they would steal our thunder. So you / me... we got the wit, we got the bit, we got the schtick, we got the sh1t people can't buy... we pop in.. you me, we give them a match for posterity, then I fade off into oblivion with a extremely special memory, and you can continue to do your thing for another CSI US Open One Pocket.:D Whadda say??? Start working on Mark now and even more so, get that slot open with Justin:)