He needs 1 you need 2

Hungarian

I'd cut the 1 thinly towards the 2 and spin up table positioning the cue ball near the upper corner pocket on my side of the table.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd cut the 1 thinly towards the 2 and spin up table positioning the cue ball near the upper corner pocket on my side of the table.

CB over by your side pocket I'd understand, but up by the corner would leave a cut at his pocket, or am I not understanding your shot. ?
Rod.

Hungarian

CB over by your side pocket I'd understand, but up by the corner would leave a cut at his pocket, or am I not understanding your shot. ?
Rod.

Well, I looked at it again and still like my shot. Cut the one on the line you would shoot the two railer and spin the cue ball up table.

No?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Well, I looked at it again and still like my shot. Cut the one on the line you would shoot the two railer and spin the cue ball up table.

No?

hnut said:

The part about the upper corner pocket is what confused me. :eek:
Rod.

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
I would take a foul by pushing the cue ball to the short rail by his pocket. He needs 1 and I need 3, but at least I may have some room to work with. The pressure is now on him.

What do you think?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would take a foul by pushing the cue ball to the short rail by his pocket. He needs 1 and I need 3, but at least I may have some room to work with. The pressure is now on him.

What do you think?

im curious what the other say
but in the end game im not sure you want to go from 2 to 1 to 3 to 1
jmho
icbw

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Bump-----inerested in response.

I wouldn't do it either. :sorry Lagging to his pocket, you might leave a 2 rail on the 2 ball with an opportunity to put the CB on the end rail. or a 1 rail on the 2 ball and leave the CB in the same spot. If either bank got close, you wouldn't likely shoot the ball on the spot. It wouldn't be good management.
Rod.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
im curious what the other say
but in the end game im not sure you want to go from 2 to 1 to 3 to 1
jmho
icbw
I think it makes a big difference to go from 2 to 1 to 3 to 1. At 3 to 1, if the player needing 1 can get one or two balls out of play, they can be more aggressive if they wish, because then their opponent cannot get out in one inning. It is a lot harder to keep all three balls in play than just two (i.e., it is easier to get a ball out of play, the more balls there are on the table).