Hall of Fame Dinner

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Since I live here, I have been assigned the duty of organizing the Hall of Fame Dinner at Buffalo's on May 26, 2021. Alex Pagulayan and Francisco Bustamante, having been elected to the Hall of Fame last year, will be inducted at a dinner and banquet at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. Seating is very limited at about 66 seats.

Dinner options: steak and sides or grilled shrimp with sides. Each meal comes with two soft drinks or teas. Alcohol is cash and a waitress will be working the tables. Tickets are $100. $30 goes towards Buffalos for the dinner and the balance goes to onepocket.org for its great work. Below is the sign up list. Let me know if you want to attend and we will settle the money later. We are reserving 8 seats for Hall of Famers, who attend at no cost. You may let me know on this thread or you may email me at joe@legal225.com. I prefer a written response so I have a record of our conversation.

I am giving the onepocket.org family first priority at seating until May 7th. Then I will open it up to the public if there are any remaining seats.

The one ball one pocket tournament starts at 7:30 after the banquet so those that are looking to play a little can go right over to the tables after the festivities. Greg Sullivan and Diamond Billiards is putting 8 brand new diamonds in for the event and they should be ready to go for the players.

Thanks,

Joe Long

HALL OF FAME GUEST LIST $100 per seat.

1. Bill Rousey
2. David Strawn, Sr.
3. Joe Long

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
joe
i would like to contribute $100
i am not likely to attend
where and how can i send the money?

BRLongArm

Verified Member
joe
i would like to contribute $100
i am not likely to attend
where and how can i send the money?
Just send it to:

Onepocket.org
c/o Joseph J. Long
251 Florida Street, Suite 308
Baton Rouge, LA 70801

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thank you Joe! Cinci and I will get the HOF page here updated. That will also allow for online/paypal dinner reservations.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thank you Joe! Cinci and I will get the HOF page here updated. That will also allow for online/paypal dinner reservations.
I updated the Banquet page here to reflect some of Joe's post:

Let me know if anything else should be added or changed. Do you still have the $200 "backer" level for example? Let me know what else needs changed, thanks!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
They can pay anything over $100 if they want, but this event will be $100 for all.
Took the stuff out about VIP tables but left the $200 "Backer" level in there. Steve said that is for those who want to have their name or company name printed in the program.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Never mind. I just hit it twice. Guess I am slow. No guess. I am slow.
1. Bill Rousey
2. David Strawn, Sr.
3. Joe Long
4. Mhilton777
5. Mhilton777
6. Greg Sullivan HOF no charge
7. Tylerbob
8. Tylerbob

BRLongArm

Verified Member
1. Bill Rousey
2. David Strawn, Sr.
3. Joe Long
4. Mhilton777
5. Mhilton777
6. Greg Sullivan HOF no charge
7. Tylerbob
8. Tylerbob
9. Alex Lely
10. Alex Lely
11. Alex Lely

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Unfortunately, due to Covid travel restrictions impact on the players in particular, there will NOT be a One Pocket Hall of Fame dinner at Buffalo's later this month. Francisco Bustamante will not be there (apparently stuck in the Philipines), and Alex Pagulayan is not expected to arrive in time either, although he still hopes to get to Buffalo's for the big tournament (which starts the next day I believe).

HOWEVER, WE WILL STILL BE DOING A "LIFETIME POOL IN ACTION" HONOR FOR JOHN HENDERSON. That we can still do, because it was going to have to be remote anyway, with John still in re-hab hospital in California recovering from cancer. The plan is to honor John prior to 7PM Wed the 26th, but instead of a dinner, those on site will simply be gathered around the poolactiontv broadcast table, where it can be streamed live.

I have refunded everybody who already paid. I am sorry for the disappointment, but it is simply circumstances way beyond our control. Those of you who already made travel arrangements to be in New Orleans for the HOF dinner, I am very sorry for any inconvenience and expense -- I hope you still come for the stellar One Pocket tournament, and accompanying action, and show your support in celebrating with John Henderson (via remote connection) on the 26th!

Thank you for understanding!!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I know John will appreciate the honor! I am ALL for it. Maybe Steve can post a thread letting people know of this Award for John.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Steve, are you planning a HOF dinner for Alex and Busty? What about waiting until you give the awards to them to honor John? He will not be in rehab forever. Then he can regal the crowd