great shot

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
These guys sure have a lot of fun juicing up shots. We've seen some great stuff since the site opened up for caroms.
I believe this is a rather tough lay for a conventional 3c play.
thanks, Whitey

rich htx

Verified Member
From
Houston TX
i wanna say i saw this shot a few yrs back done by a turkish player
trying to find the vid

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
There was a super fun invitational in maybe Connecticut a couple years back and got to here semih doing commentary. great fun and and what a great stroke

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I saw a similar shot at Cue and Cushion 25 years ago. I think it was the president of the US 3C billiard association from Chicago. After playing some guy from St. Louis, he put on an exhibition afterwards.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I got into quit a discussion about how most of these types of shots just are not available in pocket billiards. I mean to get the cb to dance like that, and to so readily reverse about face coarse. I thought it was the configuration of the rail profile, possibly the weight of the balls, but I was told it is mainly the ultra fast cloth.
But,
anyway I wish pocket billiards had whatever combination 3C has so these shots could be done like that in pocket billiards. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I got into quit a discussion about how most of these types of shots just are not available in pocket billiards. I mean to get the cb to dance like that, and to so readily reverse about face coarse. I thought it was the configuration of the rail profile, possibly the weight of the balls, but I was told it is mainly the ultra fast cloth.
But,
anyway I wish pocket billiards had whatever combination 3C has so these shots could be done like that in pocket billiards. Whitey
I agree its the ultra fast cloth combined with the extra mass of the big balls. Its just too much mass for the cloth to grab the the heavy balls

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Pilot & Catkins; you guys do know that the profile of a 3C cushion is much different that that of a pocket billiard cushion. Night and day. But in my discussion they stated the the balls and rails have no effect, it is the cloth. This cloth is never used on pocket tables, so I have to go along with what they say.
I agree with you guys, sounds right with my limited experience.
One thing I am starting to do, is to play with the hand bridge they use for many of their shots for 3c. Fingers curly back. It does seem pretty stable. Whitey

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Pilot & Catkins; you guys do know that the profile of a 3C cushion is much different that that of a pocket billiard cushion. Night and day. But in my discussion they stated the the balls and rails have no effect, it is the cloth. This cloth is never used on pocket tables, so I have to go along with what they say.
I agree with you guys, sounds right with my limited experience.
One thing I am starting to do, is to play with the hand bridge they use for many of their shots for 3c. Fingers curly back. It does seem pretty stable. Whitey

I know the rubber and cushion profile is different and I don’t know shit about 3C, however what I do know is a little about is Physics. I don’t care what champion has to say. Big balls with more mass react different on a slick cloth.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Whitey, if you would like to experiment with slick/less friction cloth on your pool table, you can always spray a little silicone spray on your cloth and polish your balls. The spin will stay on the cue ball for much longer.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the condition of your cloth after experiment. 😉