great hall of fame dinner !

philip guagliardo

Verified Member
congratulations to all the champions who made the hall of fame . steve booth deseves a lot of credit for efforts on making the hall of fame dinner a night to remember . grady and freddy were at there best with great pool stories . the inductee's like squirell and truman were hilarious with there stories . artie b was very happy to see his old friends and gave his opinons on the game and where its going and how to make it even better . gary spaeth 's wife and children proudly accepted his award with class just as gary would have . the great bugs rucker got a standing ovation as he should . I personally had the time of my life sitting at the table with bugs and artie , pittsburgh billy , larry schwartz , chris gentile . i was surrounded with good players and my longtime friends . for those of you that could'nt go I suggest you get a ticket next time , you wont regret the experience ! I could listen to those great stories for days . you can imagine the life these champions have had ,and all of them sure shared some of their experiences . I know that they were all proud that finally there accomplishments in pool were recognized . freddy the beard just about broke down when it was time for cornbread red to receive his award . eddie taylor's award was accepted I think by his long time caretaker . the game of pool and its warriors are finally getting some credit and the future looks bright . again steve booth and grady and my partner feddy B put on a great show and I'm sure there will be more to come . pool is like your first love ! you can never forget how good it feels to make the game ball ! race track phil

Smorgass Bored

Verified Member
From
Tampa
philip guagliardo said:
congratulations to all the champions who made the hall of fame . steve booth deseves a lot of credit for efforts on making the hall of fame dinner a night to remember . grady and freddy were at there best with great pool stories . the inductee's like squirell and truman were hilarious with there stories . artie b was very happy to see his old friends and gave his opinons on the game and where its going and how to make it even better . gary spaeth 's wife and children proudly accepted his award with class just as gary would have . the great bugs rucker got a standing ovation as he should . I personally had the time of my life sitting at the table with bugs and artie , pittsburgh billy , larry schwartz , chris gentile . i was surrounded with good players and my longtime friends . for those of you that could'nt go I suggest you get a ticket next time , you wont regret the experience ! I could listen to those great stories for days . you can imagine the life these champions have had ,and all of them sure shared some of their experiences . I know that they were all proud that finally there accomplishments in pool were recognized . freddy the beard just about broke down when it was time for cornbread red to receive his award . eddie taylor's award was accepted I think by his long time caretaker . the game of pool and its warriors are finally getting some credit and the future looks bright . again steve booth and grady and my partner feddy B put on a great show and I'm sure there will be more to come . pool is like your first love ! you can never forget how good it feels to make the game ball ! race track phil

Thank you for your thoughtful post.It was thought provoking to say the least. Accolades to Steve too, for his endearing contributions to the game of one-pocket and it's greatest players.

kfoss_

larry schwartz

larry schwartz

Hi Philp, tell larry schwartz Ken Foss says hi have not seen him in 20 some yrs. goodguy we hung out at the same place the Crystle Cue.THANK YOU
plarry guagliardo said:

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Amen Phil!!!

Amen Phil!!!

The dinner was great. For a beginning one pocket player like me, it was heaven on earth. Got to meet a lot of great players and past champions. Best part for me was getting to sit at a table and eat dinner with Efren, meeting Bugs, Marshall Carpenter, Ronnie Allen, Wille Jopling, Artie and everyone else. I didn't want to leave. Great job Steve!! I really appreciate you holding a ticket for me. I had such a good time and everyone was so nice. I'll never forget it.