grady I hear you thanks for the

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't think there is any question, in his later years he suffered from some kind of medical/neurological issue. He got kind of herky jerky physically, and impulsive mentally. Those are symptoms of something, but I have no idea what... But he was an indefatigable promoter for the game of One Pocket, right until the end. God bless him!
Steve, Grady had a form of Huntington's Disease, or Huntington's Chorea. It's a genetic disorder that is slow coming on, and causes jerky or writing movements. It also causes mood and mental changes. That certainly was the cause of the noticeable changes in Grady, probably from 2005 on. But as I recall, it was lung cancer that was fatal.

One of our members, Pelican (Rick Lowell), went to Columbia, and spent a lot of time with Grady leading up to his death. They had been friends before, but Pelican really went all out to help him at the end. There was another guy too from Columbia, but I can't think of his name. They both were (are) saints.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
what,, he quit because you shot the wrong shot and lost. no way.
you must not have been gambling and he was teaching you or something.

We were playing $10 a game.

Grady considered me a “working man” and I think he was just appreciative of playing someone passing through who could play a half decent game of 1pocket. I lost a little over $100 and considered it money well spent and had no problem with him unscrewing.

At the time he kinda grumbled and wouldn’t come right out and admit why he stopped playing but I knew and it was all OK.

Lou Figueroa