Gorst/Poteet

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Looks like he's going to be in your area a while Dustin. Playing Alex a big set of 10 ball at Racks on the Rocks after this.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I've seen Poteet play very little at Michaels but I know he can play. I guess he better be able to going against this young killer. I think right now he plays better one hole than Fedor but I don't think he will be able to overcome the ball running skills of his opponent, however I am rooting for him to do so.

Reactions: lll

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Interesting matchup here. Who you like?
I like Gorst in this Match. Gorst can play better 1 pocket than people realize. He was competitive (and I think he may have defeated James Aranas) in a large challenge match that included 1 pocket. People don't view Aranas as a one pocket player, but he knows enough to be dangerous. I think Gorst wins this match going away.

kollegedave

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I like Gorst in this Match. Gorst can play better 1 pocket than people realize. He was competitive (and I think he may have defeated James Aranas) in a large challenge match that included 1 pocket. People don't view Aranas as a one pocket player, but he knows enough to be dangerous. I think Gorst wins this match going away.

kollegedave
I believe the challenge match you are referring to was with Bergman last time they were at players club.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Poteet is underrated, but Gorst is a world class shooter with a sky high pool IQ. More importantly, he has the demeanor to absorb all the information and apply it almost seamlessly. Devin shoots straight, but Gorst shoot straighter. I would lean towards the Russian, because I think he and Filler are going to take over pool in all disciplines because they are hooked up with some high stakes backers and are going to be gambling sky high for the foreseeable future. When you can make money at something, it is going to hold your interest and when you play as well as these guys play, they are only going to improve, and improve quickly.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Tell him to go watch Tony play Filler in Roy's Basement. Fedor knows enough. The 100 point Fargo delta will work it's way. I'm guess 16-10 for the Russian.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Tell him to go watch Tony play Filler in Roy's Basement. Fedor knows enough. The 100 point Fargo delta will work it's way. I'm guess 16-10 for the Russian.
I like Poteet to get to 12 for a hot dog or two if anybody out there would like a small sweat.