Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
My shot --- the ball score is 2-2, Tony going to 7, Ghost going to 8 --- my pocket is at the top right --- the 10ball, just below the 8ball is slightly off the rail --- wwyd?

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
PS, We're lucky here to have Chris's Billiards and Red Shoes - both of them great One Pocket rooms....I left Chris's at 6:00 after teaching there all afternoon - when I left at 6, there were 5 One Pocket games going on - 4 of them were 1-on-1 match-ups, and the other was a 3-man captain game.

- Ghost

Cory in dc

Verified Member
My shot: Cross the 6 a bit thick, not trying to make it but aiming to bank it between the first and middle diamonds on the footrail, and bring the cue ball up towards the 2 and 5. Hitting with the 11:00 that I want for this shot is no problem off the rail from there (thank you, Diamond pockets).

I'm curious who is going to shoot the 8-10 from here? It's surely better than a 50/50 shot from here for a good player, and carries a big return if made. If I were going to shoot it, the one thing I would *not* do is try to finesse that combo and take the cueball down to the 1 ball or anything similar. That is, if I am going to shoot it then I'm playing it 100% to make it with a natural medium firm stroke (to shape for the 8, not the 1).

OPBEAST

Verified Member
No jumping out of the window for me...lol. Ill do this and exercise patience. :heh

Im not putting the cb nowhere near that end of the table.

Those balls in that position favor him.

Cause if you do and dont get good, then your opponent might pull a 'rabbit out of the hat' and then you'll be in a world of hurt.

Make him play from here.

Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd bunt the 7 and push the cb toward the 4 and exercise patience solution.jpg

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

My first thought is Corey's shot crossing the six but maybe with a bit more left and English. My main focus will be to avoid a kiss.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
My first thought is Corey's shot crossing the six but maybe with a bit more left and English. My main focus will be to avoid a kiss.

I think we're describing the same shot, basically. I'm aiming the 6 towards the footrail instead of my pocket not for placement of the 6 but to beat the kiss. 11:00 is to get to the 2/5, though maybe 10:00 is what's in order.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

I think we're describing the same shot, basically. I'm aiming the 6 towards the footrail instead of my pocket not for placement of the 6 but to beat the kiss. 11:00 is to get to the 2/5, though maybe 10:00 is what's in order.

Indeed, brother Cory 😉

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
OK, I'm shooting the combo if I can get the QB to roll between the 1 and 13. If I miss I'm hoping the 1 or 10 is blocking the other. If I make it I'm off to the races

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Definitely duckin' here. Half-ball hit on the left side of the one, CB to the rail.

Well, this gives a near 100% chance of having your strong position deteriorate, and a high chance of an uptable game. But it also gives a near 100% chance of continuing to fight. Can't argue too strongly against this. I like it a lot better if I'm the better player. If I'm the lesser player then I have to do something that maintains more pressure, crossing the 6.

It's funny. The more I look at the combo, the more I like it, even though I didn't like it at all at first. It does look like rolling it with just a little pace will send the cue ball pretty naturally between the 1 and 13.

Attachments

• Roll_it_combo.JPG
    Roll_it_combo.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 0

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well, this gives a near 100% chance of having your strong position deteriorate, and a high chance of an uptable game. But it also gives a near 100% chance of continuing to fight. Can't argue too strongly against this. I like it a lot better if I'm the better player. If I'm the lesser player then I have to do something that maintains more pressure, crossing the 6.

It's funny. The more I look at the combo, the more I like it, even though I didn't like it at all at first. It does look like rolling it with just a little pace will send the cue ball pretty naturally between the 1 and 13.

I disagree about the strength of my position. The 13 is blocked by the one, the 11 is blocked by the 13, the one is both asset and liability, the 6 is a liability (becomes an asset also after I move the 1 which now has the cross on it blocked. The 10-8 is tricky both now and later.

From here I don't mind starting an uptable game because any mistake now (from distance on the rail) could put me at a definite disadvantage.

Oh, and by the way, I'm never the better player because the guys I can beat don't know the rules. (Mitch is giving me matching up lessons on the phone every night. This reflects lesson #1 :D )

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I think I might do something simple. Use the seven as a shield to keep him from seeing the six and the one ball. and hope that he shoots at the three ball. SEE THE NEXT POST I PUT UP.

seven sheild.jpg

t

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
WWTWD?
:confused:

(that means you tom tom)

Okay Mr. Miller, since you asked so nicely, I like crossing the 6 toward my side of the table with a natural roll bringing the cue ball back between the four and seven.

You guys who want to use left english complicate the shot and give your opponent a nice angle on the three to get to the right hand side of the table. I'm taking that angle away from him and making the shot far easier to execute. A half ball hit looks about right from this angle.

Tom