Ghost vs. Tony 3 wwyd

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
That was the question to y'all...but what's that got to do with me saying that the 1-3 combination is the easiest shot on the table?...:rolleyes:...:frus

For me there's not just one answer here = my choice of shots here would depend on who I'm playing, if I'm up or down $$$, and the table conditions.

Ok, if I'm not comprehending post # 74 correctly, then I apologize. Just looked like you accused us COWBOYS of selecting the wrong opening shot! Looked like you were telling all of us the only shot to shoot was the easiest to make, which in your opinion (95%) was the 3/1 combination, which in the opinion of every other poster in this thread was omitted from their consideration, probably because it would be a much more difficult opening shot selection from which to RUN MULTIPLE BALLS!! Which was the the original question you posed way back with the pictures.

Cary

Verified Member
Everyone has a different skill set and all of us geezers vary in the order we in which we lose them. The shot on the twelve, with a slight draw to drift to the rail, was one that I learned early on and has been one of the last to go. Admittedly I also realize that I might, at this stage of my game, m-m-m-miss the twelve but if I do I'll still be alive in the game. I'm probably still 80% likely to make it with shape on the 8 (or the 5, doesn't really matter) and if I do, I'm 90% likely to leave the table with the lead* and all remaining balls on my side of the table. For me it's unquestionably the right shot. Probably not for everyone.

*I generally make it a habit not to run eight & out these days and would probably manage to do so here.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
After setting up the shot many times Im going to have to agree with you.
I was more accurate with your shot. I was advocating drawing off the 12 into the 5 but after realized your shot was the best to pocket the object ball and continue the run out.

Clearly for me the best shot is your shot.

Thanks..Nobody was better at running balls than Ervolino and in this situation this is how he would run them. When you have 2 choices you dont shoot the one that if you miss you lose.... I thought players would learn this their first day of one pocket but apparently some of these players must need 60 years

LSJohn

Verified Member
Ok, if I'm not comprehending post # 74 correctly, then I apologize. Just looked like you accused us COWBOYS of selecting the wrong opening shot! Looked like you were telling all of us the only shot to shoot was the easiest to make, which in your opinion (95%) was the 3/1 combination, which in the opinion of every other poster in this thread was omitted from their consideration, probably because it would be a much more difficult opening shot selection from which to RUN MULTIPLE BALLS!! Which was the the original question you posed way back with the pictures.

You're gonna need to lighten up on the Ghost. As much as I'd hate to do it, I'd be honor-bound to jump in your shit... he paid me way too much money to be Fan #1 for me to ignore this any longer. :heh

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
You're gonna need to lighten up on the Ghost. As much as I'd hate to do it, I'd be honor-bound to jump in your shit... he paid me way too much money to be Fan #1 for me to ignore this any longer. :heh

Ok John

It's past my bedtime anyway, and out of admiration for both you and the Ghost I'm putting all of this to bed, for tonight at least!! Lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Ok, if I'm not comprehending post # 74 correctly, then I apologize. Just looked like you accused us COWBOYS of selecting the wrong opening shot!

Jeff, you are 1,000 % "not comprehending post # 74 correctly" - I'm just joking around with the cowboy talk..:rolleyes:...and here's what I actually said in post #74 about someone shooting the combination ----->

"worthy of consideration, for the non-super-straight-shooting player"

And here's what I actually said in my opening post to the thread ----->

There's 6 different offensive choices/balls that go in your pocket to choose from in this wwyd - something for everyone...

but Tony is 72 yrs. old and doesn't shoot super-straight anymore - I give him 11-7...so his shot choice may not be the same as most on here.

Where in any of that am I saying that anybody is shooting the wrong opening shot?

And last of all..instead of imagining something that I'm not thinking or saying...

Why aren't you fronting Rob instead, who in plain insulting english is telling you that your shot choice is wrong...:cool:

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
Thanks..Nobody was better at running balls than Ervolino and in this situation this is how he would run them. When you have 2 choices you dont shoot the one that if you miss you lose.... I thought players would learn this their first day of one pocket but apparently some of these players must need 60 years

Rob, all kidding aside, you're usually right on with your shot selections and your reasoning but what you just said here about never shoot the shot that if you miss you lose if you have a safer shot is absurd. How can you possibly say that, I have shot a million shots that if I missed I would lose instead of shooting a safer shot. That's as a ridiculous statement as I have ever heard. If everyone would shoot the safer shot this would be a very boring and stupid game, and way of playing. You shoot the shot that gives you the best chance of winning, and in most cases it's not the safest shot. There are many considerations that one needs to think of before choosing options, please.

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
See that Ghost?

See that Ghost?

Ok John

It's past my bedtime anyway, and out of admiration for both you and the Ghost I'm putting all of this to bed, for tonight at least!! Lol

Now, tell me, am I earning my money or not? Sent him to bed without his porridge.

beatle

Verified Member
rob was obviously meaning when you have two close to equal choices.

back to ervolino and i knew him long before probably anyone here. certainly before he had to run to vegas. yes he could run balls as good as anybody. and cheat or dump anybody better, even his friends or partners.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Rob, all kidding aside, you're usually right on with your shot selections and your reasoning but what you just said here about never shoot the shot that if you miss you lose if you have a safer shot is absurd. How can you possibly say that, I have shot a million shots that if I missed I would lose instead of shooting a safer shot. That's as a ridiculous statement as I have ever heard. If everyone would shoot the safer shot this would be a very boring and stupid game, and way of playing. You shoot the shot that gives you the best chance of winning, and in most cases it's not the safest shot. There are many considerations that one needs to think of before choosing options, please.

Dr. Bill

It pains me :eek: but I gotta say I think by "two choices" Hacker was talking about two very close reasonable choices, and remembering to place value on "What if I miss?"

wincardona

Verified Member
You guys say that the two choices (12-8...12-10)are close, but I think differently. It all depends on where the 12ball is placed. I placed the 12ball like I saw it in the picture and tried to float to the bottom rail with the cue ball and couldn't, too much angle. If the 12ball was placed another inch to the right of where I placed it then yes I could float to the bottom rail but then it's not the same shot. The angle that I placed the 12ball on needs a below center hit and a draw, not a center ball force shot. Big difference. A center ball hit is a natural shot, where a below center ball hit isn't. I'm certain of what kind of hit is needed to play the shot the way it's described by going directly to the bottom rail. If i'm right about the placement with the 12ball then Jeff's shot is the better shot because it plays naturally.

So, if Jeffs shot is an easier shot to execute then i'm going to give up that.. if I miss I lose.. thought and shoot the shot that says to me..if I make it I win.

Dr. Bill

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
But, but, Billy said the 12 is the easiest ball to make here - so how could I have the nuts - what about that?...:heh...are you saying that the Dr.'s judgment is that far off?...:eek: :eek:

PS, And earlier in the thread, you said the combination wasn't so easy...:rolleyes:

Out of the spirit of the WWYD (your words, not mine.)
Bill was referring to an opening shot that was the easiest to make AND run balls.
You knew that!

P.S. And wasn't so easy in Houston, and it still isn't so easy in Houston.
And you knew that also!!

Seems a lot of what you pick on ( post) is out of context, when you are definitely intelligent enough to know the difference.

So, you're either joking, or hustling a bet that no one in their right mind would accept.

So, you're joking either way, right?

In regards to " depends on who I'm playin, the $$$, and the table conditions"
You sound like you're pleading the fifth, none of that makes any sense, or doesn't really mean squat. So, supposing it's your shot and you have to pick one that will answer the WWYD. Which of the 6 shots would you shoot and why? Or will you continue to plead the fifth?

It's a simple question.

Oh, sorry, Good Morning!

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It pains me :eek: but I gotta say I think by "two choices" Hacker was talking about two very close reasonable choices, and remembering to place value on "What if I miss?"

Obviously Im referring to 2 choices of equal or almost equal value... EXACTLY LIKE IN THIS CASE

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You guys say that the two choices (12-8...12-10)are close, but I think differently. It all depends on where the 12ball is placed. I placed the 12ball like I saw it in the picture and tried to float to the bottom rail with the cue ball and couldn't, too much angle. If the 12ball was placed another inch to the right of where I placed it then yes I could float to the bottom rail but then it's not the same shot. The angle that I placed the 12ball on needs a below center hit and a draw, not a center ball force shot. Big difference. A center ball hit is a natural shot, where a below center ball hit isn't. I'm certain of what kind of hit is needed to play the shot the way it's described by going directly to the bottom rail. If i'm right about the placement with the 12ball then Jeff's shot is the better shot because it plays naturally.

So, if Jeffs shot is an easier shot to execute then i'm going to give up that.. if I miss I lose.. thought and shoot the shot that says to me..if I make it I win.

Dr. Bill

Keoneyo as well as a few others had no problems setting up the shot CORRECTLY as it lays and executing it.. Like I saod I don't have to take any of these to a table especially since Ghost did such a good camera on these. Maybe you need glasses for the computer. As I already stated its the better shot by FAR because the difficulty is the same and my shot has the teeny weeny benefit if you miss... YOU DON'T LOSE!!!!!!:frus:frus

onepockethacker

Verified Member
rob was obviously meaning when you have two close to equal choices.

back to ervolino and i knew him long before probably anyone here. certainly before he had to run to vegas. yes he could run balls as good as anybody. and cheat or dump anybody better, even his friends or partners.

I have heard all the stories and he told me himself what he had to do to support his family and he wasn't proud.. He was always nice to me and helped my game out alot.. As far as talking bad about the dead who knows... YOU might have been the biggest creep dumping piece of shit in the country but kept it under wrap better like your persona here.. who knows.. As far as myself players know better to even approach me about that shit because I will let everyone know.. Im sure the majority of the " HALL OF FAME' members on this site have done the same shit as Ervolino( I know most have been accused) ..

wincardona

Verified Member
Keoneyo as well as a few others had no problems setting up the shot CORRECTLY as it lays and executing it.. Like I saod I don't have to take any of these to a table especially since Ghost did such a good camera on these. Maybe you need glasses for the computer. As I already stated its the better shot by FAR because the difficulty is the same and my shot has the teeny weeny benefit if you miss... YOU DON'T LOSE!!!!!!:frus:frus

If the shot is placed where you can use a center ball and float to the bottom rail then it has merit, if not then it's not as good as a shot as Jeff's shot, plain and simple. When we're talking about angles there are shots that if placed as little as an inch difference the shot plays a world of difference. I really don't know how other players including your self placed the 12ball but I placed it as close to the picture's placement as possible. I'm not going to argue your point because it's a very viable option providing you can float to the bottom rail, but if you remember in an earlier post of mine regarding this option I said "the only way to play the 12ball to the 8ball is to draw it to the side rail" I wouldn't of said that if imo the angle suggested otherwise. There were other players that also described this option by drawing it, they must have placed it similar to the way I placed it, don't you think?

Bottom line. Whenever there is a ball that carries a high percentage with pocketing it (like the 12ball) shooting it naturally as opposed to shooting it using an unnatural ball, don't be fooled by the safety end of the shot that needs to be hit with an unnatural ball, go for the win and shoot it the natural way. If you don't and you have the skills to execute it, you're simply "dogging it"

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If the shot is placed where you can use a center ball and float to the bottom rail then it has merit, if not then it's not as good as a shot as Jeff's shot, plain and simple. When we're talking about angles there are shots that if placed as little as an inch difference the shot plays a world of difference. I really don't know how other players including your self placed the 12ball but I placed it as close to the picture's placement as possible. I'm not going to argue your point because it's a very viable option providing you can float to the bottom rail, but if you remember in an earlier post of mine regarding this option I said "the only way to play the 12ball to the 8ball is to draw it to the side rail" I wouldn't of said that if imo the angle suggested otherwise. There were other players that also described this option by drawing it, they must have placed it similar to the way I placed it, don't you think?

Bottom line. Whenever there is a ball that carries a high percentage with pocketing it (like the 12ball) shooting it naturally as opposed to shooting it using an unnatural ball, don't be fooled by the safety end of the shot that needs to be hit with an unnatural ball, go for the win and shoot it the natural way. If you don't and you have the skills to execute it, you're simply "dogging it"

Dr. Bill

If you can't figure out where to place the cue ball so that if you make 12 with a stop shot the cue ball will float to the end rail... well then I can't help you...
How the hell were you going to hit the combos you suggested shooting? What english and stroke were you going to use for them? Don't tell me you were going to roll forward with a natural cue ball

P.S. You are so wrong in your assessment of this situation its scary. Better think it over again.. Its ok we are giving you a 5 day shot clock

onepockethacker

Verified Member
An old jewish man is walking in the woods and he comes upon an old lamp. He picks up the lamp and rubs it and a genie pops out.. The genie says I will grant you one wish whatever you want... The old man pulls out a crumpled map and opens it and points to the Middle East.. He says genie there has been war and bloodshed in that part of the world for thousands of years could you please bring peace to that part of the world... The genie says Im sorry but even with all my powers that is one wish thats impossible, can I grant you a different wish... The old man says well Im a member of Onepocket.org and me and some other members are trying to get Billy Incardona to comprehend a routine shot on there we have been discussing.. So genie can you please help us get some common sense through Billys thick skull... and the genie says.. CAN I TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT THAT MAP? lmfao:lol:lol:lol:lol:D

wincardona

Verified Member
If you can't figure out where to place the cue ball so that if you make 12 with a stop shot the cue ball will float to the end rail... well then I can't help you...
How the hell were you going to hit the combos you suggested shooting? What english and stroke were you going to use for them? Don't tell me you were going to roll forward with a natural cue ball

P.S. You are so wrong in your assessment of this situation its scary. Better think it over again.. Its ok we are giving you a 5 day shot clock

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:sorry:)