Ghost vs. Henderson summary

chicagomike

Verified Member
Let me start off by saying I had a wonderful time and was fortunate to have been able to hang out and watch the action. My work day ended about 3pm and so I was able to get to Chris's with plenty of time to watch.

I'm thanking my wife(Missy) for the hall pass, Buddy and the staff at Chris's Billiards for hosting, Bill Meyers for making sure the match was able to be streamed, Tom Karobatsos, Ike, Johnnytronic, and Kentucky Bill for commentary,Ghost and John for playing their hearts out, and Onepocket.org for being the vehicle to introduce us all and help make these types of contests happen.

(Day 1)
I was talking to John and day one it sounded like they played with the Cyclops balls. Not sure if that factored in, but things went John's way. Looked like John got some fortunate rolls and played well. There was quite a buzz in the room as I think some of the locals may have been involved in the action. John ended day one up 6-1 in games.

(Day 2)
They went to a regular red dot cue ball on day two and Ghost made up some ground taking the day with 3 game to John's 1...this made the score going into day 3, Ghost 4/Henderson 7. Ghost looked to be gaining some confidence and realized he was by no means out of it. He played well and things went his way.

(Day 3)
I showed up about 2pm and John was hitting some balls with the Ghost nowhere in sight. It was nearing the 3 O'clock hour when from the top of the stairs he appeared...the Ghost. I knew the day would be a grind as that is what the Ghost is known to do. I believe they may have flipped a coin at to what balls to use, but I'm pretty sure they were back to the Cyclops. Very selective on shot choice while forcing old whitey to become friends with the rails. I wish I could remember the game by game count as the day went on, but as time whittled down all realized that if John did not win the final game of the day we would be going into day 4(that would have been exciting!) I think my hall pass would have been expired. Well as we know John did win and it was well deserved.

Thanks for the action boys!!!

In the future I would love to see other members match up on a live stream event as I think they are quite entertaining.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Let me start off by saying I had a wonderful time and was fortunate to have been able to hang out and watch the action. My work day ended about 3pm and so I was able to get to Chris's with plenty of time to watch.

I'm thanking my wife(Missy) for the hall pass, Buddy and the staff at Chris's Billiards for hosting, Bill Meyers for making sure the match was able to be streamed, Tom Karobatsos, Ike, Johnnytronic, and Kentucky Bill for commentary,Ghost and John for playing their hearts out, and Onepocket.org for being the vehicle to introduce us all and help make these types of contests happen.

(Day 1)
I was talking to John and day one it sounded like they played with the Cyclops balls. Not sure if that factored in, but things went John's way. Looked like John got some fortunate rolls and played well. There was quite a buzz in the room as I think some of the locals may have been involved in the action. John ended day one up 6-1 in games.

(Day 2)
They went to a regular red dot cue ball on day two and Ghost made up some ground taking the day with 3 game to John's 1...this made the score going into day 3, Ghost 4/Henderson 7. Ghost looked to be gaining some confidence and realized he was by no means out of it. He played well and things went his way.

(Day 3)
I showed up about 2pm and John was hitting some balls with the Ghost nowhere in sight. It was nearing the 3 O'clock hour when from the top of the stairs he appeared...the Ghost. I knew the day would be a grind as that is what the Ghost is known to do. I believe they may have flipped a coin at to what balls to use, but I'm pretty sure they were back to the Cyclops. Very selective on shot choice while forcing old whitey to become friends with the rails. I wish I could remember the game by game count as the day went on, but as time whittled down all realized that if John did not win the final game of the day we would be going into day 4(that would have been exciting!) I think my hall pass would have been expired. Well as we know John did win and it was well deserved.

In the future I would love to see other members match up on a live stream event as I think they are quite entertaining.

Thanks Mike, always great to see you and it looks like you are hitting them pretty good when I was watching you and Ike.

We played with the balls that were on the table the first day and it was with a Cyclops cue ball. On Tuesday the balls on the table had the red circle and we played with that. We did flip on Weds to see which cue ball to use (I went 6/1 with Cyclops and 11/3 with red circle) and Ghost won the flip, so we used the red circle.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

(Day 1)

(Day 2)

(Day 3)

A solid good report! No frills, just the facts, I like it! You're also very good on the mic, Mike! ;) You don't try to over analyze every option a player might attempt! Too many commentators try to be too insightful with "their" choices, (in the US in 3C it's way out of wack,) with lessor knowledge players predicting the, 'correct' shot selections of Pro players, when in fact they don't think on the same level! The same in 1 Pocket.

It was a good match, my home-town guy didn't win again, but, he put up a good fight!

Last edited:

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Mike you did a great job , The first day Bruce never got started after that he played his game but too big a hole to get out of. Congrats to John Hendy and Bruce for giving it all they have. Thanks to Bill for the Stream.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Mike for the report, your commentary and bringing up the facts about the change in cueball. I was wondering what was used but had no idea that it was changed.

Also, you were stroking that ball fast and loose against Ike the couple games I saw. It was interesting that Ike changed his tempo to somewhat match yours (faster) and usually the faster player slows down playing a slower player. Interesting. Anywho, nice to see and hear you again, thanks.

Dave

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

I was enjoying every minute of what I was able to catch. Late for Monday
so I watched the re-run. Late for Tue. but saw alot of it. Wed. I was there
from start to finish. Really enjoyed the "Mike& Ike show". No fluff just the
facts with a smidgen of speculation.
Thanks to the streaming supplier, Bill Meyers, the Venue, and most of all the
Players. John for his determination Bruce for his tenacity. Most of all for the
games inventor, without whom we would still be playing tiddly- winks.

hank

RedCard

Verified Member
Thanks

Thanks

Nice write-up chicagomike. As last time, entertaining match between two great players. Thanks to Bill for the stream.

El Chapo

Verified Member
How early do you get over there John? That is pretty sporty flying around, playing off home turf and playing a grinder. Nice work to both guys.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
How early do you get over there John? That is pretty sporty flying around, playing off home turf and playing a grinder. Nice work to both guys.

We flew in on Sunday and started play Monday. I have been here a couple times and felt very comfortable here or I might have come earlier. Some rooms have that ‘Good Feeling’ and Chris’s is one of those on my list. I also like Red Shoes where we played our last match.

It is not a money making proposition, but I have always felt if I can pay for part or all of the trip, I have done good.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Congratulations to John for winning the match...

Thanks to Bill for doing the streaming...

And it was good to see a couple of the out of town members again - Crabcat, and Ed from California (member name atmeddy).

- Ghost

P.S. And hey Ed...don't forget, those three shots that I taught you during our lesson, are top secret :eek: never divulge them to anyone.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

And it was good to see a couple of the out of town members again - Crabcat, and Ed from California (member name atmeddy).

- Ghost

P.S. And hey Ed...don't forget, those three shots that I taught you during our lesson, are top secret :eek: never divulge them to anyone.

Ghost, you are a true gentleman. Thanks for the great entertainment, you showed a lot of heart.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

- Ghost

Good to see you too and sweat a little Bruce.