Ghost vs. Clyde 27 wwyd

onepockethacker

Verified Member
LMAO, I'm sure with 100% accuracy your going to masse around the stack and make the 14 every time. What happens when you go to deep and kick out the 14 instead of making it?:)

You have a fabulous day yourself:)

LMFAO your post is exactly why I love playing you Jim :lol:lol:lol you kick off the head rail length of the table pocket speed!! you thought the shot was to masse around the stack?:lol:lol:lol I swear I would swim a river of shiit to play you and Jeff everyday.. and everyone wonders why I get flustered when trying to teach you guys... unbelievable

have a nice day:)

P.S. Im going to spend the rest of the day laughing at your post... thanks

LSJohn

Verified Member
So,

No bet I guess?

From now on, I'm like a mouse pissing on cotton.

Heh.

I'm not worried about you letting the kid that gets put face-first in the classroom corner twice a day shut you down.

Just so you know, he calls me every night for advice on shot selections. I give him bullshit shots so you guys will have something to laugh at. :D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What you guys fail to take into consideration is the value of a shot IF MISSED... which is what Billy was conveying in the other post with 2 railing the 13.. and he was right that is why even though I prefer cutting the 8 his explanation of the value of the 2 railer had plenty of merit.. thats why I said I didn't think there was a clear cut best shot in that thread..

onepockethacker

Verified Member
So,

No bet I guess?

Thanks and I'll try to heed your advice. From now on, I'm like a mouse pissing on cotton.

Now that I calmed down I apologize.. no need to keep quiet, you have a right to your opinion.. My problem is I like to teach but I can see its a waste of time to try to really explain the game and concepts to you guys.. I have really studied the game and I play all strategic games at a really high level.. I always have since I was a kid.. Im trying to give you guys FREE advice on how to understand the game that I had to spend ALOT of money over the last 25 years learning the hard way and taking my lumps and Im trying to really speed up the learning curve for you guys and instead I end up getting aggravated for my time.. I will pick and choose from now on when I want to give anymore info then just my shot from now on..

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Depending on actual lay at table..I would like to shoot the 5, 13, 6 combo with just enough speed to make the 14, with the 6, 6 stays near the pocket move the 5 not much, and 13 moves my way toward the end rail, and roll cb to foot rail at chalk mark below the 9.

..mostly cb.

wdtgd...?..shoot the 15 and freeze on the 13? If the 14 goes..kick at replacement 12. If 14 rattles..stymies opponent.

...back to the porch, puttin a book down my britches waiting for spanking that's comming...;)

..now I'll go read the correct answer(s):eek:

baby huey

Verified Member
I'm going to spin the CB with left english hitting the long rail before the nine ball and just nudge it enough to block the view of the 14 ball in my pocket. Very easy to execute and keeps the CB on the long rail by his pocket so he cannot use the nine to take out my 14 ball.

keoneyo

Verified Member
This has nothing to do with the present conversation.

This has nothing to do with the present conversation.

"I learned a lesson along time ago that you and others never learned.... when you don't know the right answer or have a clue...KEEP QUIET.. You will never catch me talking confidently about a subject I dont know.. Instead in those situations I listen and learn... try it sometimes.." Hacker

Im going to steal these pearls of wisdom and bring it out whenever I need to against those who always have to put their 2 cents into a situation when they are already a $ dollar short to begin with.

LSJohn

Verified Member
Now that I calmed down I apologize.. no need to keep quiet, you have a right to your opinion.. My problem is I like to teach but I can see its a waste of time to try to really explain the game and concepts to you guys.. I have really studied the game and I play all strategic games at a really high level.. I always have since I was a kid.. Im trying to give you guys FREE advice on how to understand the game that I had to spend ALOT of money over the last 25 years learning the hard way and taking my lumps and Im trying to really speed up the learning curve for you guys and instead I end up getting aggravated for my time.. I will pick and choose from now on when I want to give anymore info then just my shot from now on..

Dude, we all know you give the best advice on these WWYDs.... except on the rare occasions that you argue with Dr. Bill.... or Frank.... Or Tom.... or Ghost... or jtom.... or Hendy... or Jerry... or Jeff ...... or Mitch... or Steve... or Miller... or Wayne... or Cory... or Cowboy... or Cary... or Miller... or Fast Eddie... or ME [who did I leave out?] :D :D :D

Uh, have a nice day :heh

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Dude, we all know you give the best advice on these WWYDs.... except on the rare occasions that you argue with Dr. Bill.... or Frank.... Or Tom.... or Ghost... or jtom.... or Hendy... or Jerry... or Jeff ...... or Mitch... or Steve... or Miller... or Wayne... or Cory... or Cowboy... or Cary... or Miller... or Fast Eddie... or ME [who did I leave out?] :D :D :D

Uh, have a nice day :heh

LOL have a nice day:)

jtompilot

Verified Member
LMFAO your post is exactly why I love playing you Jim :lol:lol:lol you kick off the head rail length of the table pocket speed!! you thought the shot was to masse around the stack?:lol:lol:lol I swear I would swim a river of shiit to play you and Jeff everyday.. and everyone wonders why I get flustered when trying to teach you guys... unbelievable

P.S. Im going to spend the rest of the day laughing at your post... thanks

Hey Rob, I'm all in for learning new thinks. The one rail is great until you bump the 14 so now there's a nice simple cut shot to your opponents hole. So much for what happens if you hit a tough shot a little bad, sell out, and not accomplish anything positive.

I remember when you weren't making everything you shot at the first two times we played. It was a lot of fun for me:p

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
Ghost vs. Clyde 27 wwyd

Hey guys. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but it turns out Rob teaches drums as well as one pocket. It's true! And as luck would have it I found a video of him teaching his last class. Please give this a couple minutes and anytime he is stopping the music to correct the tempo imagine him saying "wrong shot" don't give up on it it gets funnier and funnier.

[ame]http://youtu.be/xDAsABdkWSc[/ame]

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Hey Rob, I'm all in for learning new thinks. The one rail is great until you bump the 14 so now there's a nice simple cut shot to your opponents hole. So much for what happens if you hit a tough shot a little bad, sell out, and not accomplish anything positive.

I remember when you weren't making everything you shot at the first two times we played. It was a lot of fun for me:p

How did you end up doing? you were pretty sweet.. I was milking you slow like a blue ribbon cow..although I made the mistake of opening up a little on you and I beat you 6 games in a row from the flip the last time we played and you almost broke your stick:lol:lol:lol By the way if you end up hitting the ball hard enough to leave a cut to your opponents hole... QUIT you are trying to make the ball pocket speed... YOU AREN'T SHOOTING A TAKE OUT:frus:frus

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Hey guys. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but it turns out Rob teaches drums as well as one pocket. It's true! And as luck would have it I found a video of him teaching his last class. Please give this a couple minutes and anytime he is stopping the music to correct the tempo imagine him saying "wrong shot" don't give up on it it gets funnier and funnier.

http://youtu.be/xDAsABdkWSc

LMFAO that was good Mitch... I love when guys want to get in on the act..:D

wincardona

Verified Member

http://youtu.be/xDAsABdkWSc

What do you mean it can't be done..it's a simple fukking stop stroke shot, get it you fukking *****.

Have a nice day. :)

Dr Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
How did you end up doing? you were pretty sweet.. I was milking you slow like a blue ribbon cow..although I made the mistake of opening up a little on you and I beat you 6 games in a row from the flip the last time we played and you almost broke your stick:lol:lol:lol By the way if you end up hitting the ball hard enough to leave a cut to your opponents hole... QUIT you are trying to make the ball pocket speed... YOU AREN'T SHOOTING A TAKE OUT:frus:frus

OK, I quit. You win:eek:

wincardona

Verified Member
Dunno John

I'm on the fence now, looks like I'd have to hit the 9 harder than I'd want to and might lose the CB with that much speed, I'd have to really feel certain about a good solid billiard on the 13, and I'm not sure I would feel that way at the table.

Hendy's shot looks more like something I'd rather do, especially since he explained how it figures to open up some balls and possibly double him up and leave distance. I'm switching horses, and going with Hendy.

I agree, Hendy's shot is for certain a viable option and could be the best choice. Hendy's shot removes the 9ball from in front of his opponents pocket, opens up balls to his side, and leaves distance possibly near or on the rail with whitey. Imo it gets quite a bit done, and possibly creates problems for a decent return shot from his opponent.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
I agree, Hendy's shot is for certain a viable option and could be the best choice. Hendy's shot removes the 9ball from in front of his opponents pocket, opens up balls to his side, and leaves distance possibly near or on the rail with whitey. Imo it gets quite a bit done, and possibly creates problems for a decent return shot from his opponent.

Dr. Bill

Personally, I don't like choosing a shot that could easily leave my opponent a shot/shots, when I'm in a position where I don't have to do that =

With John's shot, when the 9 goes two rails and into the stack, it may very well strike the 13, or go into the inside of the 6ball..yes, this will move some balls towards my pocket - but it will also very likely carom the 13 and 3 up and over, thus leaving a return shot by my opponent - and if I wasn't to leave the cueball dead on the head rail, he may very well make that shot, and run balls, or run out.

- Ghost

PS, Has a lot to do with who you're playing also...no offense to our own Steve Booth :) but I wouldn't mind so much leaving Steve a not-free 8ft. long shot to shoot, but Clyde's got those young eyes, so I'd prefer not to leave the same shot for him.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
Hard to tell but it looks like it might be laying good enough to spin the 14 in rail first and hit the 6 with the cue ball breaking some balls out or banking the 9 next.