Ghost vs. Clyde 27 wwyd

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, maybe I can defuse things around here a little bit with a new wwyd/wdtgd...

My shot --- my pocket is at the top right --- ball score is 2-1 Ghost ahead --- wwyd, and if you would like to guess - wdtgd? ----->

PS, There is one more ball on the table that I didn't take a pic of because it didn't really figure into the shot choices - it's just off of the head rail, one diamond out from Clyde's long rail.

PPS, And I believe these pics will give a pretty damn good view of the exact ball positions...:heh

PPPS, And even after getting my reading glasses out of my case :eek: and with my face leaning over the table from 6 inches away..I was still trying to decide whether that 4ball was in the way of my making that 3-13-6-14 combination...:)

Attachments

• 00000.jpg
    00000.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Another view ----->

I am going to spin the cue ball off the nine around the stack and downtable, hopefully bumping a ball or two out of the stack on my side.

The only other option I see is kicking at the ball in my hole and me that is a little risky but has a good result if it works.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I am going to spin the cue ball off the nine around the stack and downtable, hopefully bumping a ball or two out of the stack on my side.

The only other option I see is kicking at the ball in my hole and me that is a little risky but has a good result if it works.

Johnny, kicking at the ball at your hole is not so risky. Scratch is unlikely and at worse you leave him right on top of that ball.

Otherwise taking out his ball will just let him see yours for him to take out. I think it's a good time to go for some balls here.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Another view ----->

There's a decent sized "pocket" -- as Tom Wirth likes to call it -- for the CB coming off the bottom rail into/between 13-6-4 after crossing the 9 thinly. The pocket increases the safe zone, but the target is the inside half of the 13.

I might leave a tough bridge shot on the 9, but I see nothing I like better.

Mike

Verified Member
Off right side of nine with lots of left into the stack.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Johnny, kicking at the ball at your hole is not so risky. Scratch is unlikely and at worse you leave him right on top of that ball.

Otherwise taking out his ball will just let him see yours for him to take out. I think it's a good time to go for some balls here.

I like the kick at the 14

Yes I also like the kick at the 14ball. :)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
There's a decent sized "pocket" -- as Tom Wirth likes to call it -- for the CB coming off the bottom rail into/between 13-6-4 after crossing the 9 thinly. The pocket increases the safe zone, but the target is the inside half of the 13.

I might leave a tough bridge shot on the 9, but I see nothing I like better.

That's the shot I like also, you beat me to the post John.
I think it plays very well if hit just hard enough to move the 9 over enough to keep him from shooting it. I would try for a full ball hit ( billiard ) on the 13, leaving the CB snugged up behind the 6/4.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
That's the shot I like also, you beat me to the post John.
I think it plays very well if hit just hard enough to move the 9 over enough to keep him from shooting it. I would try for a full ball hit ( billiard ) on the 13, leaving the CB snugged up behind the 6/4.

Full ball is good, but I'd err inside to make sure I didn't hit the other side to give him air.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

I am turning into a gatherer more than a hunter these days. By banking the nine over and sending the cue ball around the stack and down table, I will either brush the six or go into the two balls just past the six and open them up a bit with the nine ball.

There is a very good chance one of these balls will block the ball in my hole. My opponent will have a back cut on the three, but it is low percentage and gives up several balls with a miss.

If you kick and miss, you knock the ball a little bit away from the hole and I freeze you on it, probably forcing you to take a scratch.

It is the kind of shot I do shoot and maybe that's what does get me action.:lol

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Full ball is good, but I'd err inside to make sure I didn't hit the other side to give him air.

Dunno John

I'm on the fence now, looks like I'd have to hit the 9 harder than I'd want to and might lose the CB with that much speed, I'd have to really feel certain about a good solid billiard on the 13, and I'm not sure I would feel that way at the table.

Hendy's shot looks more like something I'd rather do, especially since he explained how it figures to open up some balls and possibly double him up and leave distance. I'm switching horses, and going with Hendy.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Another shot is to cut the 5 into the 15 spinning the QB bottom rail first into the 9 moving it over and QB up table. No 9 or 5 to deal with. Moves plenty of balls to your hole

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Another shot is to cut the 5 into the 15 spinning the QB bottom rail first into the 9 moving it over and QB up table. No 9 or 5 to deal with. Moves plenty of balls to your hole

That's the shot I kept looking at as well but didn't love the approach angle or speed to get a nice billiard on the 9.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You know what is great about this WWYD... the same guys that couldn't make a ball straight in and follow the cue ball up table behind the 9... NOW they are all shooting 5 ball combos and spinning billiards at the same time... LMFAO

PRICELESS:lol:lol

have a nice day:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
You know what is great about this WWYD... the same guys that couldn't make a ball straight in and follow the cue ball up table behind the 9... NOW they are all shooting 5 ball combos and spinning billiards at the same time... LMFAO

have a nice day:)[/QUOTE

Totally different shots IMO, and to prove my point, you can shoot the follow shot on the 1 ball and every time you make the one and stop on that $100.00 bill that's on the table behind the 9 ball you win, when you don't, you pay $100.00. Only stipulations I would ask for is you have to shoot the 1 ball in a different pocket every time, and guarantee a $500.00 freeze out. The bill width and length is a bit larger than the landing area that's required against another player of your caliber, but I'm gonna let you try it anyway. If this sounds fair, we could have a prop bet in the making.

I'm not lmao, but there's a chance I could be.

Have a great day!

onepockethacker

Verified Member

have a nice day:)[/QUOTE

Totally different shots IMO, and to prove my point, you can shoot the follow shot on the 1 ball and every time you make the one and stop on that $100.00 bill that's on the table behind the 9 ball you win, when you don't, you pay $100.00. Only stipulations I would ask for is you have to shoot the 1 ball in a different pocket every time, and guarantee a $500.00 freeze out. The bill width and length is a bit larger than the landing area that's required against another player of your caliber, but I'm gonna let you try it anyway. If this sounds fair, we could have a prop bet in the making.

I'm not lmao, but there's a chance I could be.

Have a great day!

You see I try to be polite when I try to teach you guys but unfortunately I obviously have to be more direct and rude to get my point across to some of the members like yourself... You have no clue about the game or the concepts.. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? what you dont understand is that even if I dont get behind the 1 ball you are in a tough position and If i do your ****ed.. Maybe if you would close your mouth and open your ears would would understand the game a little bit.. If you had a clue maybe you wouldn't be asking Jim for 9 to 7 for christ sake seeing how for sure you pocket better than Jim.. You see you guys can think Im an asshole or arrogant but I learned a lesson along time ago that you and others never learned.... when you don't know the right answer or have a clue...KEEP QUIET.. You will never catch me talking confidently about a subject I dont know.. Instead in those situations I listen and learn... try it sometimes..

Have a nice day:)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
You see I try to be polite when I try to teach you guys but unfortunately I obviously have to be more direct and rude to get my point across to some of the members like yourself... You have no clue about the game or the concepts.. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? what you dont understand is that even if I dont get behind the 1 ball you are in a tough position and If i do your ****ed.. Maybe if you would close your mouth and open your ears would would understand the game a little bit.. If you had a clue maybe you wouldn't be asking Jim for 9 to 7 for christ sake seeing how for sure you pocket better than Jim.. You see you guys can think Im an asshole or arrogant but I learned a lesson along time ago that you and others never learned.... when you don't know the right answer or have a clue...KEEP QUIET.. You will never catch me talking confidently about a subject I dont know.. Instead in those situations I listen and learn... try it sometimes..

Have a nice day:)

So,

No bet I guess?

Thanks and I'll try to heed your advice. From now on, I'm like a mouse pissing on cotton.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

have a nice day:)

LMAO, I'm sure with 100% accuracy your going to masse around the stack and make the 14 every time. What happens when you go to deep and kick out the 14 instead of making it?:)

You have a fabulous day yourself:)