Get Well Blackee

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Member Blackeee is sitting here in the hospital with no less than 2 brain tumors and reminiscing about the many stories he has in his years at the table.

About all he can do now is hope, and all we can do is pray.

The tumors have affected his coordination severely and it is unknown if it is operable, much less reversible.

This tough old shit is laying here in the best spirits and he wants to tell you all hi(He is unable to type).

Anyone that can spare a moment please remember us in your prayers.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Member Blackeee is sitting here in the hospital with no less than 2 brain tumors and reminiscing about the many stories he has in his years at the table.

About all he can do now is hope, and all we can do is pray.

The tumors have affected his coordination severely and it is unknown if it is operable, much less reversible.

This tough old shit is laying here in the best spirits and he wants to tell you all hi(He is unable to type).

Anyone that can spare a moment please remember us in your prayers.

Not great news NFS...Had no idea he was your dad...Consider it done !

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Pulling hard..

Pulling hard..

...from up here. Larry Cox from Red Shoes (the guy who plays the harmonica at the streamed events) goes down to Tenn often and plays with your dad a lot. He says they have been playing for years. He has nothing but the best things to say about Keith. Make sure you tell him he has real supporters here at the forum.

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Sorry to hear that your dad is in this condition, I will say a prayer for him. I'm so glad that you're where you are, next to him. I know it means a lot to him to have you there. God bless you both.

Billy I.

Ktown

Verified Member
NFS,

Sorry to hear about your father's condition. I hope he is comfortable and stays in good spirits. I don't know what to say other than I wish you and him the best.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I had a great conversation with Blackee today. We caught up a bit on his background and he reminisced about the heyday of pool & gambling in his neck of the woods. He also spoke very highly of OnePocket.org and how much he enjoyed it, which was a heck of a compliment. He wanted to be sure I told everyone here hello for him. He's got some kind of procedure tomorrow so I plan to catch up with later this week if he's feeling up to it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
steve
we have done some contributions for others in their time of need
even tho neither he or his family has asked for help
im willing to donate $100 to help in his expenses
maybe you can coordinate with nfs on how we could coordinate this
maybe there are others who would help
larry

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Steve, the talk you guys had made him the happiest man I've seen in a while.

The procedure in the morning is to identify the tumor in his lung- which is actually the cause of the tumors in his brain. There is a lymph node between the two completely ate up. Bad news.

All I can say is that everyone has been so kind and considerate.
And that has meant more to him than anything.

I had a great conversation with Blackee today. We caught up a bit on his background and he reminisced about the heyday of pool & gambling in his neck of the woods. He also spoke very highly of OnePocket.org and how much he enjoyed it, which was a heck of a compliment. He wanted to be sure I told everyone here hello for him. He's got some kind of procedure tomorrow so I plan to catch up with later this week if he's feeling up to it.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
The procedure in the morning is to identify the tumor in his lung- which is actually the cause of the tumors in his brain. There is a lymph node between the two completely ate up. Bad news.

All I can say is that everyone has been so kind and considerate.
And that has meant more to him than anything.

nfgs....It's been about a month since this last post of yours...how's your dad doing?...I'm hoping he's improving some.

- Ghost

JAM

Verified Member
Is our member Blackee aka "New York Blackie"? I remember reading an article about him in an old National Billiards Newsletter.

Recently, I wrote about "John Henry," but I'm thinking this is a different player than the other one that was written about in the thread named "John McHenry."

Anyway, if this is the same Blackee, I'm going to contribute to this thread below. :p

The photo shows the winners of a pool event held at the Mardi Gras Ballroom of the New Orleans Marriott Hotel. Interestingly, over 4,000 pool players competed in qualifying rounds, with 382 winning cash, prizes, and a trophy worth a total value exceeding $10,000.

Here's the three winners of the New Orleans 8-Ball Championship: 1976 champion EUGENE CATRON, the 1977 champion AL BONIFE, and the 1975 champion WARDELL RAYMOND.

Attachments

• Cartron,%20Al%20Bonife,%20and%20Wardell%20Raymond.JPG
    Cartron,%20Al%20Bonife,%20and%20Wardell%20Raymond.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 0

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Ny Blackie

Ny Blackie

Is our member Blackee aka "New York Blackie"? I remember reading an article about him in an old National Billiards Newsletter.

Recently, I wrote about "John Henry," but I'm thinking this is a different player than the other one that was written about in the thread named "John McHenry."

Anyway, if this is the same Blackee, I'm going to contribute to this thread below. :p

The photo shows the winners of a pool event held at the Mardi Gras Ballroom of the New Orleans Marriott Hotel. Interestingly, over 4,000 pool players competed in qualifying rounds, with 382 winning cash, prizes, and a trophy worth a total value exceeding $10,000.

Here's the three winners of the New Orleans 8-Ball Championship: 1976 champion EUGENE CATRON, the 1977 champion AL BONIFE, and the 1975 champion WARDELL RAYMOND.

Jammy, New York Blackie, Al Bonife, has been away from the living for at least 2-3 years. This Blackee is from Tenn. John Henry is John McHenry. I know him for 50 years.

Beard

JAM

Verified Member
Jammy, New York Blackie, Al Bonife, has been away from the living for at least 2-3 years. This Blackee is from Tenn. John Henry is John McHenry. I know him for 50 years.

Beard

Thanks for the clarification, Baby Cakes! :p

Back to the topic, I hope Blackee enjoys a speedy recovery. :focus

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Blackeee showed remarkable improvement, relearned to walk, and gained weight....Only to succumb Monday to several complications. He is now unable to move and I can't even raise him to feed him for the pain.

Most likely he will go to hospice tomorrow.

I am learning now that even worse than this, there are sometimes people in your family who will raid a dying mans house and take every penny. Pennies intended to feed Grandchildren and wives!

But revenge is the way of my past and forgiveness is the way I have to go. All things are out of our hands, and if I choose to be the old me, I'm standing in the way of who really is in control.

Probably shouldn't have gone that deep on the internet. But I did.

Everyone, all of your words comforted him greatly and I appreciate that so much. I have to get back up there, bless you all.

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
My sympathies to you and your family. My grandmother's passing has sort of led to similar things. My aunt lived on a piece of her property, but couldn't see her in her final days(one reason was a dentist appointment) yet she'll scrape and sue for every penny she can get her hands on. Do what you know is right and you'll never really question yourself about it. Bless you.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
nfs
let blackee know he is in our prayers
hopefully that will bring a smile to his face
as for the vultures
your karma comes back to haunt you
i beleive in this
larry

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
best

best

of luck Blackee,it was good to mail you the other month about the GC.I hope we can again here or on the run,cheers,Bob