Gabe Owen vs. Alex Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C. #4

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ok here is my shot.........
im thinning off the stripe and coming back down table along the side rail
where i stop i dont want gabe to be able to easily bank the stripe by my side pocket into the stack and stick if i just left him up table
so i want to leave the q high enough to prevent that and try not to leave him an easy reply
i think somewhere around the the 3rd diamond up from gabes pocket
please critque my shot and reason why.
ao1.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
lll said:
ok here is my shot.........
im thinning off the stripe and coming back down table along the side rail
where i stop i dont want gabe to be able to easily bank the stripe by my side pocket into the stack and stick if i just left him up table
so i want to leave the q high enough to prevent that and try not to leave him an easy reply
i think somewhere around the the 3rd diamond up from gabes pocket
please critque my shot and reason why.
View attachment 3478
I like lll's shot if the angle off the stripe faces the way it would need to for the shot. If it doesn't, then I would skim off the stripe, then off the side rail and try to lie on the end rail about a diamond in from the top right corner.

Like this (but I'd still rather shoot what lll suggested if it's natural)

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-07-11_19-29-34.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-07-11_19-29-34.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
This would be a very bad time to make an error. You have to leave the CB on Gabe's side, about a diamond below the side pocket and as near to the rail as you can. Do whatever it takes. I believe I would two-rail it, long rail first on my side and take the foul. Easier to do, for me.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
This would be a very bad time to make an error. You have to leave the CB on Gabe's side, about a diamond below the side pocket and as near to the rail as you can. Do whatever it takes. I believe I would two-rail it, long rail first on my side and take the foul. Easier to do, for me.
just to be clear vapros are you saying the q should one diamond closer to gabes pocket as im suggesting or one diamond on the other side of the side pocket from gabes hole???

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
vapros said:
What about the 9 ball ? He'll just roll you into the back of the stack and you already owe one. :confused:
Rod.
PS, I don't know head rail, foot rail, above or below. Where ever it is won't be pretty.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
When I look at Rod's and Steve's shots, I can see Gabe's answer. From Rod's leave, Gabe can come off the 4 ball (second closest to his hole) thinly with RH english and go two rails into Alex's corner and back onto the stack.

From Steve's leave, Gabe will bank the nine straight off the side rail and into the stack knocking a bunch of balls to his side and let whitie go down to the end rail and back up table to lay on the head rail next to the pocket on Alex's side of the table.

I think I would take a foul and shoot whitie 2 or 4 rails first off of the side rail on Alex's side just below the 1st diamond and then the head rail trying to get to the side rail close to Gabe's pocket and die in the space made by the first diamond on the side rail and the first diamond on the foot rail. Ideally, you would actually go from the side rail to the foot rail and die on the ball closest to Gabe's pocket. Yes there is a rather small window that if you fall there, you could leave Gabe a bank on the 8, but it is small. There are a lot more places in the cue ball path where if you stop there, you're OK.

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
When I look at Rod's and Steve's shots, I can see Gabe's answer. From Rod's leave, Gabe can come off the 4 ball (second closest to his hole) thinly with RH english and go two rails into Alex's corner and back onto the stack.

I think I would take a foul and shoot whitie 2 or 4 rails first off of the side rail on Alex's side just below the 1st diamond and then the head rail trying to get to the side rail close to Gabe's pocket and die in the space made by the first diamond on the side rail and the first diamond on the foot rail. Ideally, you would actually go from the side rail to the foot rail and die on the ball closest to Gabe's pocket. Yes there is a rather small window that if you fall there, you could leave Gabe a bank on the 8, but it is small. There are a lot more places in the cue ball path where if you stop there, you're OK.

Petie, If he's successful getting me back to the same spot,(providing he doesn't catch the corner, or leave me on the 1 ball) then I'll shoot your shot. As of now I don't owe one. :D
Rod.
PS. I think your shot is a good one. :) I'm always reluctant to take a foul. Probably to my detriment.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
androd said:
Petie, If he's successful getting me back to the same spot,(providing he doesn't catch the corner, or leave me on the 1 ball) then I'll shoot your shot. As of now I don't owe one. :D
Rod.
PS. I think your shot is a good one. :) I'm always reluctant to take a foul. Probably to my detriment.

Thanks, Rod. Coming from you, it means a lot to me. I know you're a champion.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:
Thanks, Rod. Coming from you, it means a lot to me. I know you're a champion.

Thanks for the misguided compliment. :p
I'm just another hacker.
Rod.
PS.You may be thinking of Freddy.

senor

Verified Member
petie said:
From Steve's leave, Gabe will bank the nine straight off theI think I would take a foul and shoot whitie 2 or 4 rails first off of the side rail on Alex's side just below the 1st diamond and then the head rail trying to get to the side rail close to Gabe's pocket and die in the space made by the first diamond on the side rail and the first diamond on the foot rail. Ideally, you would actually go from the side rail to the foot rail and die on the ball closest to Gabe's pocket. Yes there is a rather small window that if you fall there, you could leave Gabe a bank on the 8, but it is small. There are a lot more places in the cue ball path where if you stop there, you're OK.

That's a lot to read and "get", but I think I get what you're saying ;) Why not take it a couple of feet further and try to hit the stripe closest to Gabe's pocket? It would be a three-rail kick shot, trying to nip the stripe, but allowing for a foul in case you don't hit it.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
petie said:

senor said:
That's a lot to read and "get", but I think I get what you're saying Why not take it a couple of feet further and try to hit the stripe closest to Gabe's pocket? It would be a three-rail kick shot, trying to nip the stripe, but allowing for a foul in case you don't hit it.

Here ya go Petie. while you're learning the Wei table, I'll post this for you and Senor.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
petie said:

From Steve's leave, Gabe will bank the nine straight off the side rail and into the stack knocking a bunch of balls to his side and let whitie go down to the end rail and back up table to lay on the head rail next to the pocket on Alex's side of the table.

petie is this your shot???

ao1.jpg