Frost /schmidt

Jimmy B

Verified Member

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
....or we bank that up-table ball one rail, back into the 2ball (and maybe pocketing either that up-table ball or the 2ball with a little combination of luck and good execution :heh ), while billiarding the cueball around three rails to behind the stack.

- Ghost

PS, WARNING-ALERT!...Y'all have until exactly 4:41 on Thursday/24 hours from this threads insertion, to get your opinions in...at that time the 'taliban & al qaeda' will destroy/car bomb this thread...:eek:...:heh...:D...:rolleyes:...:cool:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:eek:
....or we bank that up-table ball one rail, back into the 2ball (and maybe pocketing either that up-table ball or the 2ball with a little combination of luck and good execution while billiarding the cueball around three rails to behind the stack.

- Ghost

PS, WARNING-ALERT!...Y'all have until exactly 4:41 on Thursday/24 hours from this threads insertion, to get your opinions in...at that time the 'taliban & al qaeda' will destroy/car bomb this thread..[/QUOTE]

hey y'all or you all as a yankee might say:rolleyes:
(p.s. GOOOOOOOOOOO YANKEEEEEEEESSSSSSS:heh)
at 4:41 tommorrow'
ill be finishing my tennis lesson:eek:
so i may go over the time limit
that doesnt mean the switch is off and you guys can be jerks to each other:D
if you go back to threads from 2 years or longer
check out the threads with long post counts
you dont find the vitriol
if you talk about shots and not how stupid the person was to suggest it
we can get deeper into the minds of great players without the insults
jmho
icbw
ill post this in the shot selection thread

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
....or we bank that up-table ball one rail, back into the 2ball (and maybe pocketing either that up-table ball or the 2ball with a little combination of luck and good execution :heh ), while billiarding the cueball around three rails to behind the stack.

- Ghost

Here's the ghosts' and probably my shot. Not much guess here.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Here's the ghosts' and probably my shot. Not much guess here.
Rod.

Way to Go Rodney. What a fantastic diagram. You definitely are DA Man. And you got that in well under the Al Oueda Taliban deadline, thank God. Great job for Ghosty too. I just put in the two rail thing because I know Scott loves those shots and I wanted to show it was just as quick and easy to put up a diagram as it is to write it out in print. The key is to have a free account at photo bucket to store all of your shit and use it as a host. You then can just click thru your pages of pics and shit and then choose one click direct llink, then come click the yellow mountain picture thing and paste and boom.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Banking the 15ball is the best shot for sure like everyone says, but can he hit it? I like two rails with the 9ball as my next choice, looks to be a safer shot, just play cue ball. If I were to bank the 9ball one rail I would bank it toward the pocket, looks to me that the cue ball is easier controlled with that shot, also less sell out possibilities. The 9ball sits kinda low for the straight back, both into the 2ball or toward the pocket, little riskier shot than I would like .

Dr. Bill

bstroud

Verified Member
I think the 2 rail is the correct shot also.

The 1 ball is about one diamond from the back rail and that makes it a little tricky to get the cue ball 3 rails.

If it was 1 1/2 diamonds I would shoot the 1 rail bank.

Bill S.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
If the fifteen is available, I'm shooting it onto the eight. Cue ball goes to the rail. If thats not available possibly a safe off the four, two rail cue ball back on the fifteen. I don't like the two railer on the nine. Too close to the rail to spin my cue ball for the control I want.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Banking the 15ball is the best shot for sure like everyone says, but can he hit it? I like two rails with the 9ball as my next choice, looks to be a safer shot, just play cue ball. If I were to bank the 9ball one rail I would bank it toward the pocket, looks to me that the cue ball is easier controlled with that shot, also less sell out possibilities. The 9ball sits kinda low for the straight back, both into the 2ball or toward the pocket, little riskier shot than I would like .

Dr. Bill

In reference to the straight back bank on the 9ball it needs to be positioned at least 1-1/2 dia. up from the top rail for it to be a viable option. It looks to be positioned deeper than the required distance for it to be an option...too risky of a shot...With this understanding the two rail bank toward the pocket is probably the best option, providing the 15ball into the 8ball isn't available.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think the 2 rail is the correct shot also.

The 1 ball is about one diamond from the back rail and that makes it a little tricky to get the cue ball 3 rails.

If it was 1 1/2 diamonds I would shoot the 1 rail bank.

Bill S.

Sorry, I didn't realize that you posted this before I did. I set the shot up and found you're above analyisis to be correct.

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
In reference to the straight back bank on the 9ball it needs to be positioned at least 1-1/2 dia. up from the top rail for it to be a viable option. It looks to be positioned deeper than the required distance for it to be an option...too risky of a shot...With this understanding the two rail bank toward the pocket is probably the best option, providing the 15ball into the 8ball isn't available.

Dr. Bill
That's why in my opinion, it would be better to bank it at the stack and not the pocket.
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
That's why in my opinion, it would be better to bank it at the stack and not the pocket.
Rod.

Banking it at the stack also has problems because of the deepness of the 9ball. You will still have to hit it with a center..or below center ball with a harder speed to move the cue ball, and avoid a possible scratch. This hit needs to be hit very accurately because of the speed the 9ball will pick up after contact. If hit roughly you run the double risk of #1. Not getting the movement from the cue ball that you need. #2 Or opening up balls on your opponents side of the table, if hit poorly. Tough shot from the position referenced. If the hit was a natural hit that would send the cue ball away from the top left pocket, then the shot would be the better option.imo. Then I would definitely play the shot.

I set the shot up and found the above to be true. The 9ball positioned 1 diamond up from the middle diamond off the top rail.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

PS, WARNING-ALERT!...Y'all have until exactly 4:41 on Thursday/24 hours from this threads insertion, to get your opinions in...:

first of all id like to make the point that there were several CIVIL,INTELLIGENT,EDUCATIONAL comments made after the 24 hout limit
(note no posts from sjd or the hacker.....:eek:....:sorry....:D)
maybe we can bend the rules alittle
just sayin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well scott did one rail the 9 ball
i watched the shot several times he was not trying to go 3 rails
it looks like he played it as it shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i couldnt beleive he left the cue ball where he did
unless he KNEW HE WOULD MAKE IT....:heh
the 15 ball bank into the 8 we can assume wasnt available because scott would have shot it in a heartbeat
heres scott shot and leave for schmidt
ff6.jpg

ff8.jpg