Four Types of 1P Shots

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Cowboy Dennis, you are absolutely correct with every post you've ever made on this site. ITs great to play without control. Especially when you are being staked by people with a lot of money. YOU HAVE TO LEAR THE CORRECT SHOT. ANd every shot you shoot has to be the correct shot. And Cowboy Dennis knows the right shot every time. And the reason you do that is becuse if you shoot the correct shot. It will force your opponent to make a mistake. This is not a crap game or a LUCK GAME. ITS real easy. If you play the whole game mistake free you will win. Mitakes make you lose. AND again. Shooting 7 to 5 shots and your opponent is shooting 4 to 5 shots you cannot win, unless you are getting 10-1 on the money, 50% of the time, and that only happens one time out of three. So dot look for gimmicks and angles.Except for 3 hit and the pick. BUt look to learn to shoot the correct shots, like Cowboy Dennis. And keep inproving on shooting beter and better shots. Anyone cand shoot up in the air with no control. SJD has done that for years. And doing that is missleading. And does not work. You have to no what you are doing. You have to no when to shoot and when not to shoot. Only Cowboy Dennis truly understands this. Read his posts again and again. And always play the percentages. THat also dictates what we should shoot. If you dont shoot the wright shot you cannot win, even against a player from Chicago. Experamenting in a game does not work. My advice is learn to play correctly from Cowboy Dennis and all of his expert opinions and experience, or hang it up.

Excellent post Artie.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Excellent post Artie.

Methinks a strange thing has occurred. Either (A)there is a glitch in the system, (B) there are "gremlins" (or Ghosts) at work, or (C) I'm on Candid Camera.

I may join the Beard, in his admitted paranoia, and demand accountability. :eek:

Rod's post #12, is HIS response to Dennis' post #1, Yet when I responded in post #14...I am noted as the ORIGINAL poster, not Rod.

Also, I am responding to Dennis' post #21 where he compliments Artie (who cast some aspersions my way) on a post that does not exist anywhere in this thread.... whats with that ? I don't think it was deleted was it ? Was it lifted from another thread ?

The last time A. B. responded to one of Dennis' posts was the "Accidental shots" thread, in which he severely chastised C.D. and Blackeee for wasting our time with " stoopid" trick shots.
Now he has done a complete 180, and become a staunch supporter.... thats not the AB Middler I know.

At my blinding 3 WPM typing speed, you can tell I am in hopes of getting to the bottom of this cluster duck.

Dick <---only shoots up in the air 3 or 4 times a game...not every shot !:cool:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The Right Way to Play

The Right Way to Play

SJDinPHX said:
Now he has done a complete 180, and become a staunch supporter.... thats not the AB Middler I know.

:

He's finally coming around to the "correct" way of playing one hole. My way.

Geeky (previously Dorky) Dennis

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Excellent post Artie.

Dennis.........I've yelled at Dick before for stealing my - 'editing of posts' comedy device that I invented...:cool:....but this editing job that you did here on this post was entertaining enough to read, that I don't mind you using my routine....;)

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
You would not think this would work, but when you are desperate and have nothing else to do, remember this advice. I've seen Cornbread do this on the snooker table on more than one occasion. It's easier there because you're leaving the cueball longer, but the same principle applies. Hit'em hard and hope. When it works, it can really mess up the thought process of your opponent.

One of the greatest, (and most painful) "Blast Shots" I've ever seen, is captured for posterity on page 232 in Robbin's, S,M,and S. (don't think the year is right though)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis.........I've yelled at Dick before for stealing my - 'editing of posts' comedy device that I invented...:cool:....but this editing job that you did here on this post was entertaining enough to read, that I don't mind you using my routine....;)

- Ghost

Thanks Ghost. I learned from the master.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like a good blast shot (and at this time of year, I like to announce the shot to my opponent as, "spring cleaning" ), and as long as you identify a good multi-ball carom target angle, and stun-control the rock, a very good outcome is not necessarily as lucky as some of the railbirds/sweaters might think.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
One of the greatest, (and most painful) "Blast Shots" I've ever seen, is captured for posterity on page 232 in Robbin's, S,M,and S. (don't think the year is right though)

Never leave a man with no way to play safe. That shot hurts me, and I was not even playing.

GPDD

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Cowboy Dennis said:
Thanks Ghost.....and by the way, if you want to play Dick some for $1,000 a game, giving him 9-8, I would be happy to stake you - just let me know.

Ok, if he'll play, let's do that.

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
A friendly warning !!

A friendly warning !!

Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

You may want to re-read posts #21 thru #30 in this thread and see if anything comes to you.

GPDD

In the unlikely event the Ghost summons enough courage to play me, (even on your $$$) let me make one thing clear to you Mr. Deek.

Mr. Ghost has been known to approach cardiac arrest levels, when playing for any amount even approaching $100, much less $1000.
In fact, thats what led to his FIRST demise.

It does not matter whose money it is, just the mere thought of betting over $40, can cause Ghosty to freeze up, and not be able to pull the trigger. He has, on more than one occasion, when wagering out of his comfort zone... had to be helped away from the table to regain his vital signs. :eek:

Consider this your only warning...Do not bring fingernail clippers to a gun fight.

Dick <---thinks college professor's probably have enough disposable income to be groomed as potential stakehorse's. Their intelligence in handicapping pool talent, is certainly beyond question. :cool:

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

You may want to re-read posts #21 thru #30 in this thread and see if anything comes to you.

GPDD

I said something?

Skin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The First Three Signs

The First Three Signs

SJDinPHX said:
In the unlikely event the Ghost summons enough courage to play me, (even on your $$$) let me make one thing clear to you Mr. Deek.

Mr. Ghost has been known to approach cardiac arrest levels, when playing for any amount even approaching $100, much less $1000.
:

1. Quoting your own posts.

2. Quoting your own lines in the same post.

3. Responding to FAKE quotes, edited by the Ghost, or one time, by me.

Let me make this as clear as I can, just in case you aren't joking. I don't bet on nobody but me. I don't bet on nothing but pool that I'm playing. I've never picked a winner in my life when betting on others. I've never had the gambling bug for anything in my life. I do not have the need for action that many compulsive gamblers have.
Since there are exceptions to every rule, I do bet $5.00 per Super Bowl with a guy I work with. I think he's won every one for the last 8 or 9 years. That is my only non-pool, non-geek related gambling.

If you keep this up you'll be known as "Easily Fooled Dick".

Dorky Geeky Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
I said something?

Skin

Skin,

The $1000 a game between Ghost and Dick is a joke, started by the Ghost re-editing my post. That's all. Of course Dick hasn't figured it out yet.

I think I've just been skinned. That's a good one Skin. Take advantage of a person who just woke up and hasn't even finished his first cup of coffee yet. Now we have three merry pranksters for SJD to be confused by.

Easily Fooled Dennis, previously Dorky Geeky Dennis

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Hoover shots

Hoover shots

One Pocket Ghost said:
I like a good blast shot (and at this time of year, I like to announce the shot to my opponent as, "spring cleaning" ), and as long as you identify a good multi-ball carom target angle, and stun-control the rock, a very good outcome is not necessarily as lucky as some of the railbirds/sweaters might think.

- Ghost

I made a peticularly successful shot like this, and my opponent said, Oh my Gawd, " it looked like a jail break."
Rod. <---has lucked out of a trap, once in a while.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:

In fact, thats what led to his FIRST demise.

It does not matter whose money it is, just the mere thought of betting over $40, can cause Ghosty to freeze up, and not be able to pull the trigger. He has, on more than one occasion, had to be helped away from the table. :eek:

Consider this your only warning...Do not bring fingernail clippers to a gun fight.

Dick <---thinks college professor's probably have enough disposable income to be groomed as potential stakehorse's.

Don't worry Dennis, we've got the nuts....I've been woofed at by German Shepherds & Rottweilers....so on this post, getting woofed at by a Pomeranian, Chihuahua or a Pekingese (not sure which it is yipping at me here) sure isn't scaring me - except I'm a little worried that he might nip my shoe or ankle.....:D...:D.......Oh yeah, and since he's admitted in the past, to mauve and lavender being his favorite colors...I'm also a little worried that he might try to hump my leg.....:eek:...:D

- Don 'Ghost' Rickles

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Skin,

The $1000 a game between Ghost and Dick is a joke, started by the Ghost re-editing my post. That's all. Of course Dick hasn't figured it out yet.

Dennis

Yeah, I got it this morning. Think I'll take a stroll for a while. It has been very weird around here for the two past weeks. Thanks for your reply to my correct shot thread.

Skin

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Administrator intervention needed !!!!

Administrator intervention needed !!!!

Steve Booth, As administator of this site, I would think it would be incumbent upon you to plug up the hole that allows "the Deek" and "Casper" to edit posts to suit their warped sense of humor.

In the UNLIKELY event they reach my age, and lofty stature in life, they will be lucky if they can still slobber in their pablum, let alone be as mentally sharp as "yours truely".

Dick <---just hates to brag Chicago/Detroit style. :D