For what its worth, my take on Artie !

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Well guys, it seems we have gotten into a little pissing contest. Lets hope it doesn't get out of hand. :eek:
I was also critical of Artie when we first started sparring around. I must say I have learned to respect him, not for his attitude or personality, and certainly not for his spelling. But I have grown to admire him for his perserverance in trying to get his point across in spite his lack of computer or writing skills.
He is often repetative and guilty of bragging too much. But I think his heart is now in the right place.
He has stopped his $30,000 challenge BS, and in his own way is trying to offer some guidence to some of the guys who are eager to learn this great game.
The specifics of learning to play "perfect, mistake free one pocket" cannot be explained in a million words on a forum.
That could be why Artie has become frustrated and fires back at his detractors.
Some of his old Chicago crowd may be a little envious of his success. I don't know that for sure, but he also has a lot of supporters.
Myself', I am looking forward to meeting him someday, and I am sure I can learn something from him. He may also learn something from me. I'm hoping it will be a little humility. NOBODY is perfect ! ;)

Peacemaker Dick

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Dick Mc Morran said:
Well guys, it seems we have gotten into a pissing contest.
I was also critical of Artie when we first started sparring around. I must say I have learned to respect him, not for his attitude or personality, and certainly not for his spelling. But I have grown to admire him for his perserverance in trying to get his point across in spite his lack of computer or writing skills.
He is often repetative and guilty of bragging too much. But I think his heart is now in the right place.
He has stopped his $30,000 challenge BS, and in his own way is trying to offer some guidence to some of the guys who are eager to learn this great game.
The specifics of learning to play "perfect, mistake free one pocket" cannot be explained in a million words on a forum.
That could be why Artie has become frustrated and fires back at his detractors.
Some of his old Chicago crowd may be a little envious of his success. I don't know that for sure, but he also has lot of supporters.
Myself', I am looking forward to meeting him someday, and I am sure I can learn something from him. He may also learn a little from me. I'm hoping it will be a little humility. NOBODY is perfect ! ;)

Peacemaker Dick
NOBODY IS PERFECT AND I DONOT TELL PEOPLE TO BE PIFECT BECAUSE NOBODY IS AND EVEN IF PEOPLE THINK THE ARE PERFECT THE WILL NEVER BE GOOD ENOUGH BECAUSE IT IS NOT ABOUT PLAYING THE GAME PERFECT ITS ABOUT EXELLENCE. AND PEOPLE WHO THINK THE ARE PERFECT WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED OR GOOD ENOUGH BECAUSE NO BODY CAN BE PERFECT. iS THAT CLEAR GOOD WE CAN MOVE ON. i BROUGHT THE CHALANGE UP AGAIN BECAUSE THE BROUGHT OUT THE 2 ARTIE. AND I NEVER LIKED CREEPS AND KNOCKERS BECAUSE YOU CANNOT TALK AND REASON WITH THEM. AND YER DICD I WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER AND TALK POOL BY A POOL TABLE AND IF YOU ARE EVER IN LAS VEGAS I INVITE YOU TO MY HOUSE AND WE CAN TALK POOL AND WE CAN TELL EACH OTHER WHAT WE NO. AND I THINK YOU WILL REALY BE SURPRISED. BUT LET ME NO AHEAD OF TIME AND I WILL CLEAN UP THE POOL TABLE AND YOU CAN EVEN STAY AT MY HOUSE FREE. AND YOU WILL REALY BE AMAZED AT WHAT I WILL TELL YOU AND SHOW YOU AND BELIVE ME NOBODY DOES IT OR KNOWES HOW I PLAY I HOPE YOU GET TO SEE IT BEFORE ITS TO LATE. i WAS IN A BEHAVOR MODIFICATION SEMANAR IN CALIFORNIA AND THE VOTED ME HAVING THE BES ATTITUDE AND PERSONALITY THEIR WERE ABOUT 90 PEOPLE IN THE SEMINARES DISCOVERY FOCUS ABD VISION. AND I WENT THROUGH THE SEMINARES AND FINISHED ALL THREE AND SOME PEOPLE DID DROP OUT. AND IT WAS ALL ABOUT HOW PEOPLE SEEN US AND THE WERE GREAT SEMINARES. WHAT OUR POURPOSE IN LIFE IS AND LOTS OF GROUPS AND FEED BACK HOW OTHER PEOPLE SEEN US. iTS CORRECT ONE POCKET NOT PERFECT ONE POCKET MISTAKE FREE. WITCH IS HARD TO DO BUT CAN BE DONE. BUT PERFECT ONE POCKET CAN NOT BE DONE BY NOBODY. AND IF SOME ONE THINKS THE CAN PLAY PERFECT ONE POCKET I WILL BET THE CANT. BUT THEIR IS A BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CORRECT ONE POCKET AND PERFECT ONE POCKET.
MY 30 THOUSAND DOLLAER CHALLANGE IS NOT BS AND THE BET IS STILL AVALABLE. BUT I WANTED TO GIVE SOME INFORMATION ABOUT ONE POCKET TO HELP THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEARN. I AM NOT LOOKING TO CHALANGE ANY CERTAIN PERSON. THE REASON I WANT O BET IS VERY SIMPLE I THINK I NO HOW TO PLAY CORRECT ONE POCKET AND I NOW MORE ABOUT ONE POCKET THE ANYONE ELSE AND I WILL BET ON IT. ITS NO DIFFERENT THE SOME BODY ASKING SOME ONE TO PLAT WITCH I AM SURE WE BOTH HAVE DONE HUNDREDS OF TIMES. THEIR IS NOTHING PERSONALE ITS NOTHING BUT A BET. I HOPE YOU COME TO LAS VEGAS ONE DAY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF. I NO ITS HARD TO ONVINCE SOME ONE JUST BY TALKING ITS LIKE I AM FROM MISSOURIE SHOW ME. WILL IF YOU EVER COME HER I WILL TAKE THE TIME TO SHOW YOU AND YOU CAN STAY BY ME IF YOU WANT TO THIS IS THE BEST I CAN DO.I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD ANYONE CHALANGE MY ONE POCKET KNOWLEDGE MAYBE ITS A GOOD THING THAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK THAT THE NO MORE OR ARE SMARTER. AND WANT TO CHALANGE ME MAYBE SOMEBODY PAST ME UP. BUT I THINK I WOULD HAVE SEEN IT. BUT NOTHING IS IMPOSABLE.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
there is no doubt in my mind his HEART is in the right place. And for me thats what really counts, at the end of the day what else do we have???

Respect your elders, I do and awalys will, I'm proud of that.

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
Legendary

Legendary

In my book both Dick and Artie are legends of pool from the time when the game was more colorful and exciting (JMO). It just seems that some of the guys from those days were one-of-a-kind characters. It's great to be able to read their posts here whether they are giving advice or telling stories. When I first found this site, one of the first threads I read was Freddy the Beard's list of player's he had played, and it was quite a list. I would like to say thanks for sharing.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Please leave me out of this, sir

Please leave me out of this, sir

Dick Mc Morran said:
....Some of his old Chicago crowd may be a little envious of his success. I don't know that for sure, but he also has a lot of supporters.

Peacemaker Dick

If you want to earn that monicker of "Peacemaker" Dick, then don't cast any aspersions my way. I immediately take offense when you say "Chicago crowd." If you think I'm being paranoid, you can head that off by saying "Chicago crowd," except for Freddy B. Otherwise I think you are including me, and so does everybody else. If not, then who exactly were you referring to as being "envious?" I ain't envious of anybody except Navy SEALs and Delta Commandos. Go to my website and take a look at that list of guys, all of whom I beat at least once, and tell me if I should be envious of somebody else's career. http://www.bankingwiththebeard.com/about.html#Who
If you were trying to steam me into playing some, we are already up to playing a game of each at Derby City. A game of bank and a game of OnePocket.

the Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
If you want to earn that monicker of "Peacemaker" Dick, then don't cast any aspersions my way. I immediately take offense when you say "Chicago crowd." If you think I'm being paranoid, you can head that off by saying "Chicago crowd," except for Freddy B. Otherwise I think you are including me, and so does everybody else. If not, then who exactly were you referring to as being "envious?" I ain't envious of anybody except Navy SEALs and Delta Commandos. Go to my website and take a look at that list of guys, all of whom I beat at least once, and tell me if I should be envious of somebody else's career. http://www.bankingwiththebeard.com/about.html#Who
If you were trying to steam me into playing some, we are already up to playing a game of each at Derby City. A game of bank and a game of OnePocket.

the Beard

Freddy,

I am not trying to "steam" anybody. And yes you are acting paranoid. I said "some" of the Chicago crowd, didn't I ? I admit I don't know all the history of all the characters that seem to have underlying problems with each other, nor do I care. Now that I see some of the hostilities that seem to surface (in almost every post) I will refrain from any more comments re; "youse guy's". I have tried to keep it light hearted, and humorous, but it seems somebody is going to get pissed off regardless.

Dick

PS Yes Freddy, I still wuv you. Now lets see who turns that into a rant. :eek:

Last edited:

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
Freddie:
Most of us here appreciate the tremendous effort you've done in promoting one pocket and banks and preserving the history of our noble sport. I love hearing all your stories and input. I'm just hoping that down the road you and Artie can patch things up. If it wasn't for you, most of us would have never known about Artie and host of other great players from the Chicago area. (And you got to take San Jose Dick with a grain of salt - he has a mischievous sense of humor;)

fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

lfigueroa

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

"...steam me into playing some"

What a great phrase. And I have to confess, I hadn't heard that one before. Thanks, Freddy.

Lou Figueroa

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lfigueroa said:
"...steam me into playing some"

What a great phrase. And I have to confess, I hadn't heard that one before. Thanks, Freddy.

Lou Figueroa
If I was running for president on this site I dont think I could get enuogh votes to win. Do you think their is a consperacy going on or is it all legit.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

Is this the conflict's genesis??? Stay tuned.

P.S. I've got all night fellers.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Some of his old Chicago crowd may be a little envious of his success. I don't know that for sure, but he also has a lot of supporters.

Peacemaker Dick
fred bentivegna said:
If you want to earn that monicker of "Peacemaker" Dick, then don't cast any aspersions my way. I immediately take offense when you say "Chicago crowd." If you think I'm being paranoid, you can head that off by saying "Chicago crowd," except for Freddy B. Otherwise I think you are including me, and so does everybody else. If not, then who exactly were you referring to as being "envious?"

You guys are getting along way too good lately, no namecalling, aspersion casting, attempted "steaming me into playing some", nor accusations of envy and/or paranoia being casted about.

You guys are soooooooooooooooooo boring:D .

RBL

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
You guys are getting along way too good lately, no namecalling, aspersion casting, attempted "steaming me into playing some", nor accusations of envy and/or paranoia being casted about.

RBL
Dennis dont go starting trouble:eek:
at least wait until eddie calms down:D :rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:

RBL

Dear Bored to Death Breath,

First you chastised me for "excessive sarcasm, and cruel needling"... Now you say you are bored...Isn't that a little..well, hypocritical ?.:rolleyes:

Would you really prefer us going back to our "Egypt and Israel" type, heated confrontations...I thought you, (and most of the forum) were bitching about it.

The Peaceful Duck

PS..If we ever do return to real cyber war, I wanna be the Jew's...again !!!... (I would make every effort, to shorten it to 6 or 7 days this time..Heh, heh, heh).. :D :D :D

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I'll be the Egyptians...

I'll be the Egyptians...

SJDinPHX said:

First you chastised me for "excessive sarcasm, and cruel needling"... Now you say you are bored...Isn't that a little..well, hypocritical ?.:rolleyes:

Would you really prefer us going back to our "Egypt and Israel" type, heated confrontations...I thought you, (and most of the forum) were bitching about it.

The Peaceful Duck

PS..If we ever do return to real cyber war, I wanna be the Jew's...again !!!... (I would make every effort, to shorten it to 6 or 7 days this time..Heh, heh, heh).. :D :D :D

...The original ones!

Da Pharoah Beard

RedCard

Verified Member
Mosaic Rambow

Mosaic Rambow

Somebody will have to be Moses, he can turn his cue stick into a snake. Won't be me. Maybe Mike Sigel.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:

The Peaceful Duck
Dear Olive Branch Breath,

I said successive miasms & fools meddling:D

RBL

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
That's appropriate, Sigel is a snake.
Rod.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Character flaws always seem to ooze out in other ways, but they do always show through in the end.
Dennis
androd said:
As hard as it is I won't name names. They're a couple of legends who are miserable
Dumping so-n-so's. One did it constantly (not a one-pocket player) and is clearly consider one of the best ever.
The other did it occasionly and is considered a legend. I'm still waiting for the "ooze".
Rod.
Cowboy Dennis said:
I know of at least one top 9-baller who traveled with a multi-millionaire and dumped him regularly. He is regarded as one of the best ever.

I think we all know of players who've done that. I think it's the lowest form of cheating there is.

Dennis

I believe these posts should be together;) . If you don't think so Rod I will delete my post.

Dennis