F. Bustamante vs. Gabe Owen 2008 D.C.C.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Knock in the 9 ball and spot it up, hitting it a bit left of center so as not to leave a shot on the 4 (2?). At 0-7 Gabe is looking for a bit of 'deus ex machina', or intercession from above. No doubt in my mind here. :D

#Cruncher

Verified Member
You might have taken it a step to far. Its hard to tell what kind of angle he has on the combo.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
#Cruncher said:
You might have taken it a step to far. Its hard to tell what kind of angle he has on the combo.

Crunch, I probably couldn't do it, but if down 7 balls to none I'd be swinging at it. That's why I don't play in tournaments. I like to just pay'em off and start another game. ;)
Rod.
PS, I think most here would just roll the 13 (9) ? ball in.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think he has to do something with the spotted ball. Perhaps bank it two rails down to his quadrant with inside english, and kick the 15 ball out with the CB.

Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Patience

Patience

I know when your down 7-0 everyone is looking to do something dramatic but I would slow roll the cue ball rail 1st pocketing the 1 ball and moving the cue ball behind and on the other side of the 2 ball. This would protect the 3 balls that are on your side of the table that go in your pocket. It also puts another ball down table/ in play. Bustamonte will be in a bit of trouble to prevent Gabe from having a shot. At their playing level with 6 of the 7 balls needed down table and in play one Gabe is not the enormous underdog the score suggests. Sappo

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Being down on ball count I would pocket the nine with the two ball to get another ball in play while hiding the one ball. With Gabe's skills, having more balls in play, one little mistake from his opponent may get him back into the game.

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Frank, when you do that where exactly are the 2 ball and the cue ball going to end up? Sappo

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Why am I the only one who constantly sees these easy runouts that are available?...:) >>>

I'm shooting the 7-6 combination into the side pocket point (it's laying dead-ahead perfect), and stopping the cueball right there for position (or a snooker in the unlikely event that I don't make a ball here ;)) - the 6ball either goes in off of the 1ball, or combo's in the 1ball - and I'm out...:eek: :cool:

- Ghost <---------no human, can out-move a Ghost...:D