ERVOLINO HOPKINS WWYD??

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Kick into the 4 to combo the 10 to my pocket - CB rolls up to sit on the 11.

Hard Times Carla

Well-Known-Member
I set it up on my table. I tried the kick combo and the 7 off the 11. I am not a very good kicker, so that was a loser, but my 7 off the 11 turned out well. I am going to practice my kicks.

Reactions: lll

catkins

Verified Member
I am playing the 10 4 combo at the stack and following the cue ball(maybe with a little left to get it into the stack

catkins

Verified Member
Kick into the 4 to combo the 10 to my pocket - CB rolls up to sit on the 11.
looks to me like this shot does not sit well since you have to hit the bottom of the 4 to get the ten towards your pocket and you need to hit the top of the 4 to lay the cue ball on the 11. I think if you hit it great yo will still not get the 10 closer than up a full diamond away from your hole and may clog up the balls that are already there

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
looks to me like this shot does not sit well
Honestly, I often have funny looks at these WWYD pics (..see 'em poorly).
This one doesn't seem that unlikely to me. I get your point that the proximity of the 4/10 make could make it awkward.
This is how I expect it would play. (wish I had a table around). Potting the 10 is not critical - If I can keep the CB safe, it'll leave me in good shape having the 5, 14 & 10 at the pocket.
WWYD ErvolinoHopkins.png

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
Take an intentional and kick off opponent's long rail into the catcher's mitt trying to hit the 6 and settle near the 1 and 8.

unoperro

Verified Member
I also like kicking at the 4-10 BUT aim about 1 inch over the chalk and throw the cueball with bottom left. Whitey goes up higher and better chance to get the 10 as a threat.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm kicking into the 4 /10 carom off the 5 shot. Looks like if I hit it decent ,good things can happen , I don't think I need to get crazy with the cue ball , I have a good chance to get some balls from here, and it would be almost impossible to sell out, unless I hit the bottom of the 4 . If your skill level is not enough to be sure you will hit the 4 correctly, paper thin off the 5 and up to the top rail. Make sure to leave the 5 between the 14 and the pocket

J.R.

Verified Member
1 rail kick 4 into the 10 which hits the 5 and cueball goes upward to the stack

I looked at the two photos and immediately decided that a one rail kick off the long rail into the 4-ball which immediately combos into the 10-ball is the shot I would shoot in this situation just like "beatle" posted.