End game Wwyd for the cash

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Ok playing 150 a game and down 1 game. In this second game your opponent is on the hill and the 1 ball is his out ball.

Wwyd??

D22A7E46-3569-4BBB-B10F-1BF94944D1C8.jpeg

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
I am shooting the 13/1 combo to make the 1 and I am shooting hard enough so I am making sure the CB flies off the table and just hope the 13 flies off the table too, im framming them lol.. its either that or you have to go for the cheese and bank the 13, avoid the kiss, make it and then follow in the 1.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
looks like a kiss on the 13 bank...doesn't look like you can remove the one with the 13...you could jump the 13 and make the one and cueball or cue ball off the table, then it looks like the 13 would be available for your opponent...

My choice would be elevate and bank the 13 then follow the one in...

unoperro

Verified Member
I am shooting the 13/1 combo to make the 1 and I am shooting hard enough so I am making sure the CB flies off the table and just hope the 13 flies off the table too, im framming them lol.. its either that or you have to go for the cheese and bank the 13, avoid the kiss, make it and then follow in the 1.
A little less angle on the combo and I would try this.
SVB lost a match when this was available and he tried a thin back cut instead.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
I'm not saying you can't beat it, but it dang sure looks like a kiss to me. For those banking it, how would you do it? Cross it with inside? Outside? Stiff it?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm not saying you can't beat it, but it dang sure looks like a kiss to me. For those banking it, how would you do it? Cross it with inside? Outside? Stiff it?
See where the CB goes after it passes the edge of the 13ball, it's almost to the 1st diamond on the foot rail.
If it doesn't aim at the pocket facing or an inch or so away it's not a kiss. you're welcome.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
No Kiss. I prefer playing the shot with 1 tip outside.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would hate it , but the bank is so much easier than making the one and scratching for me , I gotta go!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I hit those with a little outside. Another thing to consider, the object ball is almost out to the spot and pretty far off the rail. That gives you plenty of room to beat anything kissey looking... Not an easy bank...

beatle

Verified Member
if you can do this shot drive the 13 into the 1 and send the 13 off the table. that is a foul nowadays if you are playing that way.

if you just make the 1 and foul he has an easy shot for the win.

if you bank the 13 and miss you lose. if you make it you still need two and he has an aggressive shot to lay on you.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
See where the CB goes after it passes the edge of the 13ball, it's almost to the 1st diamond on the foot rail.
If it doesn't aim at the pocket facing or an inch or so away it's not a kiss. you're welcome.
I remember you saying that some time ago and was thankful I learned something new about kisses but I understood it as you looked in a direct line with cb and ob and if that was aiming at facing or point it was kissy. I did not realize it was looking at the line where it just misses the ob. Thank you again Rod. :)

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
Something like this. I guess the cue ball doesn't have to go off the table if the 1 ball leaves the table.

CropperCapture[290].jpg

In other news, VP says there is no kiss on the 13 bank -- the cue ball passes first.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Roll the 13 into the rail just before the 1 with the speed to have the 13 be in front of or in your pocket. This looks like it's straight enough to follow the cue ball into your opponents pocket for the scratch.

3 balls get spotted if the 13 goes or you may have the 13 in front of your pocket spotting 2 balls.