Efren Reyes vs Scott Frost - $5000 One Pocket Challenge Match

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
I will keep digging through my hard drives and find stuff I have. Been trying to work on getting stuff a guy filmed in the 90s that is all on tape. Lots of top pro players. Would hate to see these matches get lost.
If you are referring to JJ Jenkins here, it would be great to see those matches converted to digital. I have been trying to find the infamous Tugwell-Reyes match filmed by JJ in the early 90's but no joy so far :(

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
If you are referring to JJ Jenkins here, it would be great to see those matches converted to digital. I have been trying to find the infamous Tugwell-Reyes match filmed by JJ in the early 90's but no joy so far :(
Yes. JJ passed away a few years back and sadly those videos might end up being lost.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
This was surely the best play I have seen from Scott. He looked like he was schooling Efren at times when he'd turn the game around. If he would of played this way in some of his more recent challenge matches he would of won, without question! This just shows what a difference it makes when you are in stroke vs. time off from the game and then getting back into it. Hard to do!
Efren to me was not checking the return shot he was going to leave Scott before he shot, and then Scott would come up with something to turn the game around, this happened time an again.
I did not like Scott breaking out his jump cue, Efren objected, but Scott replied; " that is the way we gambled before". Efren had him in a tight spot!
It becomes apparent that Scott likes sending the cue ball up table, seems risky but cunning.

This is an excellent match to learn how the game is suppose to be played!
Scott playing his best, and still a very close match and a thriller to the end with the great Efren!
Thanks again, Lenny
Whitey

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
A great match and I enjoyed it, but I was horrified that Scott was allowed to borrow a jump cue from a spectator in the last game, (as per Lenny's comment). Say it ain't so.

Ratamon

Verified Member
From
London, UK
Yes. JJ passed away a few years back and sadly those videos might end up being lost.
That would be a damn shame to lose JJ’s legacy. I believe Fatboy wanted to get involved into the conversion process too but unlikely anything came of that. I hope you will succeed finding the tapes. I’m sure people would be happy to contribute if money is an issue