Eddie Taylor

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I just received The EddieTaylor DVD from Alfie it was Great. A BIG THANKYOU to ALFIE . What a great stroke he had,straight as an arrow and a class act. 37 BANKS in a row an accomplishment that will never be broken.A true H.O.F.

backplaying

Verified Member
I just received The EddieTaylor DVD from Alfie it was Great. A BIG THANKYOU to ALFIE . What a great stroke he had,straight as an arrow and a class act. 37 BANKS in a row an accomplishment that will never be broken.A true H.O.F.

How did he go about the 37 banks in a row? Did he just keep throwing 15 balls out?

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
How did he go about the 37 banks in a row? Did he just keep throwing 15 balls out?

GOOD QUESTION, SIR'
Back then, playing bank pool in Tennessee, they broke the balls wide open and if they made one they spotted it and started banking. Although eight banks wins it, after Eddie broke and got eight, they let him keep on shooting until the rack was gone...Make that until 2 racks in a row were gone. Then seven banks on the third rack. Then, I guess he dogged it.
I asked him once what was the most racks of nine ball in a row he had run and I'll never forget his answer: " Alfie, It's like I have a jinx or something. Three times I've run fifteen and never could make a ball in the next break."

I'll take a jinx like that in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you? Of course Tennessee is full of four by eight tables and that could be a factor...Or not.
Keep it nice. Alfie

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
GOOD QUESTION, SIR'
Back then, playing bank pool in Tennessee, they broke the balls wide open and if they made one they spotted it and started banking. Although eight banks wins it, after Eddie broke and got eight, they let him keep on shooting until the rack was gone...Make that until 2 racks in a row were gone. Then seven banks on the third rack. Then, I guess he dogged it.
I asked him once what was the most racks of nine ball in a row he had run and I'll never forget his answer: " Alfie, It's like I have a jinx or something. Three times I've run fifteen and never could make a ball in the next break."

I'll take a jinx like that in a heartbeat. Wouldn't you? Of course Tennessee is full of four by eight tables and that could be a factor...Or not.
Keep it nice. Alfie
I heard that they were paying by the ball, not the game, which was why he was shooting to the end of the rack. Seems like he ran off the last 10 or 12 one rack, then ran all 15 the next rack, then followed that with 10 or 12 from the third rack = 37 banks in a row. He said he ran 15 a few times over the years, but that was what he considered his high run.