E. Reyes vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

pvclou

Verified Member
maybe

maybe

If it lays right I might try leaving the cueball frozen to the 12 ball (pink stripe)...and bang those two balls up table. Rearrange the furniture.

Attachments

• svb 2.jpg
    svb 2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Bank the 3 back into the 2 and leave the CB on the 9. Anything else I can see doesn't do much and/or leaves a similar response. :confused:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would drive the 6 into the 9 and freeze the stone on the 5. It might come out pretty nice, but at least it won't get worse. Shoot into the flock - you might hit something. :D

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I would take an intentional, rolling the cue ball up to the 1st diamond on the top rail. I would probably plat the cue ball into the side rail and then to the top rail. I dont like anything else and Im going to wait for a better position hopefully next inning. Keith

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd take a look at shooting whitey past the 11 and 10 balls with extreme right english to try to kick the 14 out of there. It looks like it could be done from the aerial view, but you'd have to eyeball it live to know for sure.

Doc

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Shoot into the five stopping the cue on the 6... drive the eight into the seven, and the thirteen moves the 11 to the corner... both balls have a chance to go, then run out...

B

Its why I need 10 6 from most people...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I would take an intentional, rolling the cue ball up to the 1st diamond on the top rail. I would probably plat the cue ball into the side rail and then to the top rail. I dont like anything else and Im going to wait for a better position hopefully next inning. Keith

I agree, plus theres' a 4 ball combo that appears wired so it forces opponent to go back down table.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would drive the 6 into the 9 and freeze the stone on the 5. It might come out pretty nice, but at least it won't get worse. Shoot into the flock - you might hit something. :D
I like your shot best Bill, freezing the cue ball on the 5 ball is the key to the shot. Looks like the 6 ball going into the 9 ball and then the 6 caroming off the 2 ball could produce some positive action for you, but remember to try to position the cue ball close to the 5 ball. Medium hard speed.;)

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
here is an option
if the 1 doesnt bank and stays on my side better
View attachment 6514

Larry, that is an option but a very risky one. You would have to hit the shot perfectly, not only with the direction of the shot but with the speed as well. Even if you were able to safely get around the table without any mishaps you still can leave a cross on the 10 ball as a return shot:eek: Too much to ask of yourself, especially when there are other and better options. Another way to look at it is, what do you gain? what do you risk? What's the difficulty of the shot? Now figure out if you feel like gambling with your shot.;)

Try to remember when playing one pocket to never shoot a risky shot unless you can gain something substantial, like locking your opponent up where he's in trouble, or possibly pocketing a shot that could do serious damage. If the reward for shooting a risky shot is not warranted in some way "look elsewhere"

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If it lays right I might try leaving the cueball frozen to the 12 ball (pink stripe)...and bang those two balls up table. Rearrange the furniture.
The position you leave the cue ball in with your shot is the same kind of position I would like to leave you in if I were at the table. I agree you do get away from your shot, but what about your next shot?:sorry

I'm not trying to be too critical with my opinion on your shot, but to me it just looks like a "pay me now or pay me later"kinda shot.

It's just a bad practice to leave the cue ball on the wrong side of the stack, at least from my experiences it has been.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

after further review
im with keith
es2.jpg

es3.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Larry and Keith, from there Efren rolls onto the 3, possibly nicking the 6, and then to the long rail, to about the position you see it in the picture. The 9 and 13 will come to rest near Efren's pocket. SVB will find that he has compounded his misery. :eek:

Jimmy B

Verified Member

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Larry and Keith, from there Efren rolls onto the 3, possibly nicking the 6, and then to the long rail, to about the position you see it in the picture. The 9 and 13 will come to rest near Efren's pocket. SVB will find that he has compounded his misery. :eek:

Bill, that shot would work nicely if you were sure to carom off the top of the 6 ball, but if you're going straight into the 6 ball you could possibly sell out the 6. You seem to have an excellent understanding of the game as evidenced in your shot selections. Lets say that you're laying where your shot is "iffy" because of the angle going into the 6 ball, there's another shot that I think is worth shooting, i'll explain. By rolling into the 13 ball and split hit the 13 and caroming into the 11 ball you get a lot done. First the possible combination that may have been lined up for your opponent is now not available, secondly the 13 and more predictably the 11 ball should drop near the bottom rail and represent what I refer to as a blocking ball. The cue ball will carom off the 13 and 11 ball and then go to the side rail and finally drop softly to the bottom rail in back of the moved 11 ball. From that position your opponent doesn't figure to have any thing good, so he'll look to roll on something. And then from there you can get creative, or even take an intentional if you have to, but the balls will certainly be laying well for you, most likely giving you options.

Dr. Bill

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
...By rolling into the 13 ball and split hit the 13 and caroming into the 11 ball you get a lot done. First the possible combination that may have been lined up for your opponent is now not available, secondly the 13 and more predictably the 11 ball should drop near the bottom rail and represent what I refer to as a blocking ball. The cue ball will carom off the 13 and 11 ball and then go to the side rail and finally drop softly to the bottom rail in back of the moved 11 ball... Dr. Bill

Billy, from which CB position are you describing your shot? From Keith/Larry's CB leave, or from the original layout? The 13 and 11 aren't near each other. Are you referring to the 12/11?

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Billy, from which CB position are you describing your shot? From Keith/Larry's CB leave, or from the original layout? The 13 and 11 aren't near each other. Are you referring to the 12/11?

Doc

doc
i think hes talking about the responce if you go down table to double him up (keiths shot)
yes i think he means the 11/12

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ

Bill without using extra speed or draw the cue ball will run into the 6 ball rather thickly sending the 6 ball over to my side. The shot will aslo then open up some banking and/or kicking possibilities. I still like this intentional. Keith