Drexeline Billiards and Covid-19

OldSchool

Verified Member
Sad and scary. This was posted at azbilliards. Is it true, accurate? Anybody here know anything about it? >

"2 at Drexeline passed away Bob Burt and Ray Murphy, bunch more in icu, 15 got it, some hospitalized, bad shit, be careful, we were, did not protect us."

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Sad news, indeed. We must hope that others here will be moved to try harder. No effort, no precaution is too small. Wear the masks.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I learned a couple of nights ago that a guy I used to play when I first got to STL and was learning to play 1pocket just died of Covid.

RIP, Jim Lassiter.

Lou Figueroa

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Sad and scary. This was posted at azbilliards. Is it true, accurate? Anybody here know anything about it? >

"2 at Drexeline passed away Bob Burt and Ray Murphy, bunch more in icu, 15 got it, some hospitalized, bad shit, be careful, we were, did not protect us."

That’s definitely bad if true. I couldn’t find it in AZ land. There are lots of rooms closed around the country. I know I couldn’t play pool in California, Washington, New York, and Louisiana. I did play in Idaho, Florida, and Ohio. Most there didn’t wear masks and from what it seems like to me, there’s much less COVID problems in the states that allow pool playing and going to restaurants. If you ask me we should close Walmart and layoff most of the government workers, then we’d see a drastic decline in Covid.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Yes it’s true about Bob and Ray. Both super nice guys and Bob was an excellent one pocket player and one of my regular games. But not true about the 15 other guys or ICU that I know of. One other regular was in the hospital fir a planned heart issue (longtime valve thing). That said I have not been there since February/March though I stay in touch with several guys. This whole thing stinks.