Don't Spill The Coffee

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I was Having one of those moments in life this morning outside with my coffee.... this Shot jumped into my moment.
Scott the Shot.
I know Hendy was a similar sort to this man, days went by fast around these men.

But This had to do with Frikkin' spilling coffee, which I am good at :).

All the years I knew scoot the shoot he drank coffee.
I never did back then, too hyper now I do. But I now understand why you hold it like this, often.

So I'm havin my coffee this am, birds are out and I remembered this COFFEE pic I posted somewhere, thought I'd share.
Scott was never a big liquor drinker, but her sure enjoyed selling the product. :)
And beginning of his day, coffee.

I know of few of you have seen, heard and talked to him.
I and everyone here were lucky to sometimes go to his pool room, and hear his banter for hours, it was Good Stuff.
He also married a top WPA pro then, she arrived 1980.
10-2-47
12-27-2023

bm

Attachments

• 0221221959.jpg
    0221221959.jpg
    922.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: lll

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I was Having one of those moments in life this morning outside with my coffee.... this Shot jumped into my moment.
Scott the Shot.
I know Hendy was a similar sort to this man, days went by fast around these men.

But This had to do will Frikkin' spilling coffee, which I am good at :).

All the years I knew scoot the shoot he drank coffee.
I never did back then, too hyper now I do. But I now understand why you hold it like this, often.

So I'm havin my coffee this am, birds are out and I remembered this COFFEE pic I posted somewhere, thought I'd share.
Scott was never a big liquor drinker, but her sure enjoyed selling the product. :)
And beginning of his day, coffee.

I know of few of you have seen, heard and talked to him.
I and everyone here were lucky to sometimes go to his pool room, and hear his banter for hours, it was Good Stuff.
He also married a top WPA pro then, she arrived 1980.
10-2-47
12-27-2023

bm
I'm a heavy coffee addict and have been for years! I got my wife firmly hooked too lol. I mean, she already drank coffee but she wasn't totally locked in with it before me :LOL:

I don't know exactly when it started, but I do remember riding my bicycle 3 miles to the nearest little diner when I must have been say younger than 16, and buying coffee and english muffin -- total being about 35 cents I believe.

But I think I didn't get locked into it until college -- the same time I started playing pool, and the same building -- the student union. Since I lived off campus, I spent all my hours on campus either at classes, the library or the student union. They had pool tables in the rec room and that is where I started playing.

When my son was in elementary school I remember walking from my car to some kind of school event and another parent was walking with us and she commented, "I think this is the first time I have ever seen you without a cup of coffee" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Oh, one more thing. A few months ago we were having some painting done in our kitchen, and the painters started fairly early in the morning, so we started bringing the whole pot of coffee up to the bedroom so we could have our 3 cups apiece without dealing with the painters in our pj's or whatever. But that has turned into a new routine now, which is really great and if you and your significant are both coffee drinkers, I highly recommend it: She sets the coffee pot the night before to start brewing at the same time the alarm goes off, and one of us goes down first thing to let the dogs out, feed them, and bring the whole pot upstairs and we have our coffee in bed. It turns out to be a really good time to catch up with each other, before the stress of the day sets in. I highly recommend it if you and your significant both can wake up at the same time, and you both like coffee. It's honestly been good for our relationship lol

Coffee is good, and every study I see says that too, which is reassuring :D

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I have a "Spill the coffee" story that should amuse you all.
It was a cold and blusterous morning in late November. The wind was howling while a friend and I were sitting in my car waiting for the pool room to open. Randolph Hills pool room was part of a strip mall. Two doors down was a grocery store. Katz Kosher Korner. The store had installed an iron railing outside the entrance to prevent customers from taking their carts into the parking lot. So people would pull up along side the railing to load their vehicles. Our wait was being entertained by watching a shabby looking man, poorly dressed for this weather approach one customer after another attempting to bum for change. "Got any spare change mister?" He wasn't having much success.

Finally, after several minutes and enough coveted coinage he went inside and scored a cup of piping hot coffee. This should help to warm his chilly insides. Returning to his "office" all he needed now was a cigarette. His morning then would be off to a bright and happy beginning. "Hey mister, Got a cigarette?" No luck. Minutes passed. Perseverance is a beautiful thing. Cigarette in hand, now for a match. No match. Back to work. "Hey mister, got a match"? No match. Minutes passed. Watching this guy was better than a "Three Stooges" episode.

Ah! finally a sympathetic character with the final piece to this poor soul's morning happiness.
O'Henry could not have scripted this better. With matches in one hand, coffee in the other, and cigarette dangling from his lips, our poor unsuspecting character chose to balance the coffee onto the railing and began to light up. As he did this God must have been in a devilish mood this day. Or maybe it was Mother Nature or the Devil himself, whatever it was our unsuspecting beggar was in for a rough morning. A mighty gust of wind, chilling to the bone and with obvious ill intentions blew the coffee cup to the pavement and all over the beggar's feet. In total amazement and horror, mouth agape, the cigarette fell into the puddled coffee beneath him. Now, with no coffee and no cigarette, and no spare change, the next he heard was a voice saying, "Well, I guess you won't need those matches?"

Tom​

Last edited: