Doc almost bought the farm

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks. Was hit with covid and pneumonia at the same time. I went completely out of it. The wife loaded me on an AMR and took me to the ER. Turns out that my kidneys were starting to shut down. They started me on I.V. fluids, and ran 14 liters of oxygen through me every day. After a couple of days I started realizing where I was.

I've never been so sick in my life. I would have had to feel better to die. They transferred me to a rehab facility, where I am now. My strength is gradually coming back. I should be able to get out of here by April 1st.

I appreciate those who contacted me, but I was just too sick to respond. BTW Bill I., I just got your message, and will phone you later today.

I'm glad to be alive and kickin'! And it sure puts things into perspective........ ~Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Haven't been on the forums for a couple of weeks. Was hit with covid and pneumonia at the same time. I went completely out of it. The wife loaded me on an AMR and took me to the ER. Turns out that my kidneys were starting to shut down. They started me on I.V. fluids, and ran 14 liters of oxygen through me every day. After a couple of days I started realizing where I was.

I've never been so sick in my life. I would have had to feel better to die. They transferred me to a rehab facility, where I am now. My strength is gradually coming back. I should be able to get out of here by April 1st.

I appreciate those who contacted me, but I was just too sick to respond. BTW Bill I., I just got your message, and will phone you later today.

I'm glad to be alive and kickin'! And it sure puts things into perspective........ ~Doc
Yikes!!! Glad to hear things are turning in the right direction. Keep it going that way!! My mother proved to me that faith has amazing healing power, and you can define faith in your own way -- just fully and deeply embrace your beliefs. Take care sir!!!

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
doc
great to hear you are on the mend.
you sounded better on our second call ( yesterday).... (y)

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
There’s a physical component and a mental component to this mess. I dealt wit a mild case of it but the mental side of being isolated for 2 years lingers. I’m glad to hear you are recovering and wish you well.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Oh Doc, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through, but very happy that you are on the mend. Hug your wife for all of us for acting so quickly.

We look forward to hearing of your continued improvement. Get well soon...and the drum.

Last edited:

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Doc, Howdy;

Glad to read (can't hear a damn word from this screen), that you've come out the end of the tunnel
and waiting on a siding for the engine to build up steam again. Bounce back as quick as ya can.

hank

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Good for you.
Proof your kickin' game is still intact.
Spinning up some good vinyl will help get yah through it.

Had to listen to some Lennon last week after seeing those live Ukraine Pics. Reminded me of Nam.

A life reboot doc, quite the moment for sure. Perspective change.

On a similar health trip....

I was talking with youngest daughter during the Olympics about the snow Boarders, and their expression ''Big Aire'' when they went high in the pipe and planted a special moment in their life.

Well our best in-law on her moms side, a good man Gary, we called em Big Gare, he eventually became Big air.
My children never heard Big Gare, instead nicknamed em Big air he talks and stirs it up in life.
He's on life support now, cancer stage 4.
With his great attitude and character much like yours Doc, I'm hoping he'll be back in the game, yet a different game.
He is a doctor, dentist.

Your now back on ''real air''. :)
You Must suck allot to keep awake :). LOL

No, just tryin' to lighten the load and take your mind off matter's is all.
I might be reborn soon....different route hopefully. :)

take care
bm

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

Glad to see you are still above ground, I know how bad I felt, and you had a worse case than me. Hope you get well soon .