Do you plan to play in N.O. Member Tourney?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is a well-known local area player. I've met and talked to him a few times at area tournaments and at Skeeter's. A couple of years ago he wrote a really good commentary on his having gone deep into the OP tournament at the Derby City Classic.

Good info. Thanks.

I speculate that any objection to his playing would be motivated by fear of the strength of his game.

You would be wrong. Criteria were established before the possibility of his playing was known, and they haven't changed.

Regarding his posting volume, I would not register too well on the OP.org piety meter either...

Looks like you meant "piety meter" to be inflammatory. If so, good job. I'd guess that a lot of us think that those who contribute to the reason the site exists -- sharing information and stories and holding friendly discussions among people who especially like one pocket -- is closer to whatever "piety" means to you than simply registering and reading.

If everyone posted about once a month, there wouldn't be a tournament.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
This is a well-known local area player. I've met and talked to him a few times at area tournaments and at Skeeter's. A couple of years ago he wrote a really good commentary on his having gone deep into the OP tournament at the Derby City Classic.

I speculate that any objection to his playing would be motivated by fear of the strength of his game.

Regarding his posting volume, I would not register too well on the OP.org piety meter either, therefore my recommendation might not be worthy of much consideration.

Good info. Thanks.

You would be wrong. Criteria were established before the possibility of his playing was known, and they haven't changed.

Looks like you meant "piety meter" to be inflammatory. If so, good job. I'd guess that a lot of us think that those who contribute to the reason the site exists -- sharing information and stories and holding friendly discussions among people who especially like one pocket -- is closer to whatever "piety" means to you than simply registering and reading.

If everyone posted about once a month, there wouldn't be a tournament.

this pissed me off when I read it earlier today......

you are way out of line here. john is right.

a guy with 5.5 posts per year vouching for a guy with 3.8 posts per year and being abrasive while he does it.

how many wwyds have either posted or participated in? how much have you contributed to the site in $? bought any shirts? chipped in with any cash to sponser our players in events?

you're out of line. there ain't nobody here afraid to play anyone else. that assumption is just horseshiiit.

about the "piety" comment....what is there to say? gotta be the most bizarre thing i've ever read here.

don't doubt for a minute you're both good guys, and it sounds like 1 Hole Nut is a hell of a player, that's great. but last i checked this is a tourney for 1p.org members.

dustin miller

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
The list I posted was Verified members who had been active this past year and who had at least 20 posts. The difference between Verified and Regular is often simply that I have not bumped them up yet only because I do that case by case manually. The number one criteria for Verified is that either by first hand contact (in person, by phone or by email) I KNOW WHO THEY ARE, but other ways to get Verified are to establish sufficient identity here simply by posting more, or by referral from a fellow trusted member, or involvement with a OnePocket.org event like the Senior tournaments or HOF for example.

On that basis I just bumped up 1 HOLE NUT and have also added him to the eligible player list. That list can still grow and change as I add other people like him who I have missed. OnePocket.org is intended to be a growing and inclusive forum.

Thank you all!

Richard S

Verified Member
From
Poplarville MS
Guilty Plea

Guilty Plea

My statement regarding the piety meter was meant to be FUNNY and not meant to offend anyone. I did not start the chatter that spawned the eligibility list.

While I do not post frequently, I am a long time member and have been around the game since about 1960.

I bought a shirt in person from Mr. Booth in 2004 at the big Gulfport tournament.

I apologize for not being a fan of the WWYD threads - just not my thing.

I'm 74 years old and have a lot of things wrong with me - physical and mental. Since I'm pleading guilty and because of my age, I am expecting to get probation. I might even buy my two victims a meal in September - both my "inflammatory" and my "bizarre" victims.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
My statement regarding the piety meter was meant to be FUNNY

Glad to hear it.

I still want to make another attempt at fleshing out this idea of "active" member, and the reason for it. Many of us who carry on conversations with each other online come to think of each other as real friends, despite the fact that we may never have met. The idea for this tournament was spawned as a get-together for friends. Someone trotted out the idea of "active" as a way to limit entries, and there are multiple reasons to want that, the most obvious being that too many entries risks not finishing in the allotted time, and/or limits the number of games per match that we will have time for (which is especially bad for us Dead Money guys.)

Granted, just HOW "active" should be considered active enough is/was anybody's guess, so our host NH Steve drew a line, and here we are.

As you've probably noticed above, 1 Hole Nut has been approved to enter, but neither how long ago he signed up as a member, or how well or poorly he plays, or how much he loves or often he plays one pocket were the reason.

I'll enjoy meeting both you and the Nut in N.O., and I still want you guys to come around here and talk to us more often. :)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Do you plan to play in N.O. Member Tourney?

Oh, I see you guys have met 1 Hole Nut - aka Alex Pagulayan IRL...

jk hehe :)

If Alex or another pro wants to start posting here in order to be eligible for our little tournament, imho that would be fantastic!!

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
I can vouch for everything this Richard S has said and he is a stand-up guy, primarily because it hurts when he sits too long. (Ok, this is a joke. Richard is my long time friend and one of the best guys you will ever meet. His intelligence, "humor", kindness and generosity is legendary, at least from my personal experience.)

JoeyA

My statement regarding the piety meter was meant to be FUNNY and not meant to offend anyone. I did not start the chatter that spawned the eligibility list.

While I do not post frequently, I am a long time member and have been around the game since about 1960.

I bought a shirt in person from Mr. Booth in 2004 at the big Gulfport tournament.

I'm 74 years old and have a lot of things wrong with me - physical and mental. Since I'm pleading guilty and because of my age, I am expecting to get probation. I might even buy my two victims a meal in September - both my "inflammatory" and my "bizarre" victims.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I can vouch for everything this Richard S has said and he is a stand-up guy, primarily because it hurts when he sits too long. (Ok, this is a joke. Richard is my long time friend and one of the best guys you will ever meet. His intelligence, "humor", kindness and generosity is legendary, at least from my personal experience.)

JoeyA

Thanks, Joey.

I'll look forward to meeting him.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

look forward to meeting you sir.
:)