Do you plan to play in N.O. Member Tourney?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

BOOM!

My Nashville trip got cancelled this morning so I am now 80% sure I will be there! Just have to work out the logistics, but add me to the "very probable" column John!

Very cool.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John Rizzo & James Christopher are riding with me... They called me today and expressed their desire to play in the 1st Inagural Onepocket.org Classic...

So, if there are no objections, they would like to make the trip...

I realize they have not posted often, but they are members and I will vouch for both of them being stand up guys... Most of you guys already know them, and both have been in and around the game for over 50 years...

Any chance of talking David Richardson into coming? He has made himself our #1 Honorary Member.

Would Rizzo be willing to receive the entry fees for us again, if we decide for sure to pay in advance?

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
I'm ready LSJohn. I just can't find the "right" thread to post in, apparently but I feel like I am getting closer.

JoeyA

...and several "maybes" plus a handful I consider probables who haven't checked in yet.

Where are you Joey A, Dr. Bill, Fireman KC, OnePocketSmitty, Straightback?

C'mon down. ;)

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
The wife and I are now planning on driving and take some time to visit some places on our way there. I'm sure I will be completely out of stroke by the time we get to NO so that will give you the opportunity to take advantage of me and get even.
Either way I hope you get over your health issues and can make the trip. I enjoyed your company.

As far as the get together goes I hope that we decide to have a dinner sometime or maybe like someone suggested that we should have a dinner break for a couple of hours on Saturday. This would give us time to mingle with all of the members there. Or have the dinner on Friday evening, more time to get to know each other.

Ok Frank. Everyone look out for a trim.

JoeyA

DocHutch

From
Belle Chasse, LA
Pencil me in

Pencil me in

I will have to finalize my schedule but would like to attend. I live in town and hope to be able to make it.

Pencil me in as the next person, even if it were alternate.

I would like to add that this is a gorgeous smoke free pool room with good food and great, open atmosphere.

Jamie "DocHutch"

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Would Rizzo be willing to receive the entry fees for us again, if we decide for sure to pay in advance?

I just spoke with Rizzo. He thinks it would be out of line for him to accept the entry fees.

More appropriate to get Frank at Lacey's to handle

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

You know what that means Mitch?

If we can figure out the right game, you better save me a dance! :)

I know just the game.... One pocket!!! Lol. We'll figure it out buddy. Looking forward to it!!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Guys, keep in mind that Lacy's Cue is neither instituting nor promoting this tournament. It is not a Lacy's Cue event per se. So let's not presume to ask Frank to do any of the work. He's generous enough to allow us to have the event there. He's donating the table time, early opening, and service to us.

IMO either JTomPilot or Jeff Sparks would be logical choices to accept the money if we are having pre-paid spots. Both are trustworthy. Jim lives in N.O., and Jeff was the one to initiate this tournament concept.

~Doc

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Guys, keep in mind that Lacy's Cue is neither instituting nor promoting this tournament. It is not a Lacy's Cue event per se. So let's not presume to ask Frank to do any of the work. He's generous enough to allow us to have the event there. He's donating the table time, early opening, and service to us.

IMO either JTomPilot or Jeff Sparks would be logical choices to accept the money if we are having pre-paid spots. Both are trustworthy. Jim lives in N.O., and Jeff was the one to initiate this tournament concept.

~Doc

I agree that Jim or Jeff are good choices for this. Someone should step up rather soon. I prefer either of these two gents.

In the event that they both decline, I will offer to receive the entry fees, hold the funds in escrow, and report entries promptly on the forum. I understand if you wish to select someone else, I prefer other than myself, I'm just trying to help get this wagon further along.

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I agree that Jim or Jeff are good choices for this. Someone should step up rather soon. I prefer either of these two gents.

In the event that they both decline, I will offer to receive the entry fees, hold the funds in escrow, and report entries promptly on the forum. I understand if you wish to select someone else, I prefer other than myself, I'm just trying to help get this wagon further along.

You're the man Dave....

I nominate Dancin Disco Dave for treasurer...
I second the nomination...
I move that nominations cease...

You're elected Dave, now post your address so all those interested in playing can send you a personal check or money order for $100.00 :):)

For real folks, If Dave says he will keep up with it and post players names as he receives the funds, that's what he will do... He a good man to have on the job. Thanks Dave :)

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Any chance of talking David Richardson into coming? He has made himself our #1 Honorary Member.

I just extended your invitation to David Richardson over the phone and he was deeply honored to receive it... He said that it really makes him feel good to get a special invitation and that he was 75% sure he could make it... He will try his best to clear those dates and be there...

Thanks LSJohn :)

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
You're the man Dave....

I nominate Dancin Disco Dave for treasurer...
I second the nomination...
I move that nominations cease...

You're elected Dave, now post your address so all those interested in playing can send you a personal check or money order for $100.00 :):)

For real folks, If Dave says he will keep up with it and post players names as he receives the funds, that's what he will do... He a good man to have on the job. Thanks Dave :)

Thanks for your affirmation Jeff. Once I hear that LSJohn concurs, I will post mailing address.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I just extended your invitation to David Richardson over the phone and he was deeply honored to receive it... He said that it really makes him feel good to get a special invitation and that he was 75% sure he could make it... He will try his best to clear those dates and be there...

Thanks LSJohn :)

Oh, boy. That's great.

What a guy.

I don't want him to be asked for an entry fee though. It's on me, but not from me, it's from the forum as a small sign of appreciation for what he has done for us and what it has meant to us.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I will have to finalize my schedule but would like to attend. I live in town and hope to be able to make it.

Pencil me in as the next person, even if it were alternate.

I would like to add that this is a gorgeous smoke free pool room with good food and great, open atmosphere.

Jamie "DocHutch"

Three problems, Jamie: We're adding names to the list of people who are 90+% sure they can make it, and unless you meant to sound quite a bit more sure, "hope to be able" doesn't get there. The other two problems are your status on the forum. Nothing personal, but the consensus seemed to be that it was to be for active "verified" members. We have not considered long time lurking but not posting to qualify as active. A "verified" member -- you may qualify on this count but it's not been established -- is someone who has met others of us so we know him as a real person.

As I said, nothing personal, but several people have mentioned that people who post contribute, people who only lurk do not.

Since you live in Belle Chasse I hope you'll come by so we can get acquainted and maybe we can convince you to add your thoughts on the forum from time to time, especially in our "What Would You Do" (WWYD) threads.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I just spoke with Rizzo. He thinks it would be out of line for him to accept the entry fees.

More appropriate to get Frank at Lacey's to handle

Frank is not hosting the tournament, he's just donating table time and graciously opening during some off-hours for us. My understanding is that he really doesn't want any responsibility or extra work for himself beyond what he's giving already.

I understand Rizzo bowing out if it's only because it's a pain in the ass (I probably shouldn't even have suggested asking him) but it wouldn't be at all out of line. Doesn't matter anyway, I was wrong to try to put that on him.

You or Miller, or Sparks, or JTom can handle it if you're willing.