Did he go, Rail first or Ball first?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I saw Billy Thorpe make a shot like that, and I was pretty close , I was sure he hit ball first. I even asked him about it later and he said he spun it in , but it didn't look like it. I have been taught like most people though ,who only think it can be spun in rail first with English. His ball was not frozen to the cushion either.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I saw Billy Thorpe make a shot like that, and I was pretty close , I was sure he hit ball first. I even asked him about it later and he said he spun it in , but it didn't look like it. I have been taught like most people though ,who only think it can be spun in rail first with English. His ball was not frozen to the cushion either.
He spun it in, with, 'Outside' or 'Inside' English?

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I have no idea and I've watched it several times. But, the amount of spin on the CB off the second rail would make me believe rail first.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Must be on a site that one needs to join before it's viewable.

I don't think so... I clicked it and it put up a page that shows up whenever somebody blocks you from their page. Then I copied and pasted it in another Facebook profile that I just created a few months ago, and it came right up

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
From his video I can't tell if the OB is frozen or not. If the OB is Not frozen I'd say he hit the, 'Cushion first.' Obviously, if frozen, 'Ball first.'

I can't believe it but this video I created was in 2013. I know 100% the OB is frozen to the cushion in my video, and "I" play all 3 positions, 'Ball first.'

BTW, there were several members here at the time that doubted I made the shots, 'Ball first' when I posted this video many years ago.

Around 2014 or 15 I was in Philly at Pete Fusco's 'The Spot' pool room to put on a 3C clinic. I demonstrated how I make a 3C shot by 'back cutting' the 2nd ball and go across the table to score a point. Our own, Mitch Brown AKA (MKBTank) was present in the room. There was a GC table next to the 3C table, and I demonstrated the shots in this video for Mitch and fellow Pool players.

Note: The speed and stroke are different for each position, the tempo and timing are the same.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Well because it is impossible for a ball to be cut more than 90°. Therefore he had to go rail first.
To our purpose driven recent posting member, You still have not given the scientific Physics or any related evidence in print or by personal video demonstration as I have. Once You can prove or not your theory/fact as it may be, I will surely explain in detail why in "MY" videos the OB is contacted 'First.'

BTW, several SGPP's (Scientific Geek Pool Players) have persisted in expounding on the theory that, "The CB doesn't what stroke was applied to it, and there is really Only 1 stroke." If that statement/theory holds any credence of truth, then, "How the do the CB and OB know if the cut shot is 89 degrees or 91 degrees, and if it can be made or not?"

Last edited: