Dennis vs. Busty -- premiering now!

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Corey Duell a mouse , I'm cool with Danny , just based on being an OG but Mark Wilson commentating, I don't understand. I don't view him as a high level one pocket player.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
From the 2019 DCC
Obviously they are both proponents of the controlled aggression approach , what a beautifully played match , thanks Bob The match between Danny Smith and Chohan was a shooters delight, and an awesome match , but for me , this is the best played match I ever watched.

Last edited:

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks Bob for threading this match. I've watched the first two games and it is some of the best OP I have seen. Very high quality play.
I feel Busty is at the top of his game, and he now has a short window to cash in on some challenge matches.
I sure would like to see that happen for him.
Whitey

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Game two was a moving game where each player displayed great moving coupled with superb cue ball control. Orcollo played a perfectly executed shot at the 39;20 mark to put Busty in trouble which was followed by outstanding moves by both players finally ending at 45;55 with a perfectly executed shot by Orcollo. Starting at 39:20 to 45:55 was a stretch of one pocket moving that had to impress even the most critical of contrarians.
Outstanding match.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Great competition and execution by these two guys. But what's really nice is having a shot clock on Dennis, so that he can't take 2-3 minutes on each shot...:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Game three; talking about "never giving up" starting at 1:24.00 to 1:30.00 that was unrelenting defensive tactics which finally ended but not without 100% effort to prevail. Great stuff.

Dr. Bill

Kybanks

Verified Member
There was countless times in this match I was trying to pick their shots, I learned a lot with their selections. A really beautifully played match and a joy to watch their moving abilities and tactics.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I was wondering what the general consensus was, on Dennis last shot. My personal opinion is that Busty shot his brain out , instead of his liver.
I like to see Busty get some glory , in most other eras , he would have had 3 times as many titles as he has, because he wouldn't have had to play Efren every week, lol. props to both guys , nothing but amazing play by both of them.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
WWYD on this shot? Stop video on 1:29.04. or can someone stop it and put up the still pictures, another still picture at 1:29.09, so we can work the wwyd. I do not know how to do this, thanks.

Dennis O. shot! 3rd. game score tied at 1 game a piece and both players owe balls. Busty has big advantage in this game.
Whitey

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Thank you, Bob. You made my Saturday and Sunday much more enjoyable watching two of the best players that ever did it. Francisco played just about flawlessly as he dismantled what many believe to be the strongest One Pocket player in the world today. In all fairness, it's hard not to argue that Bustamante stands beside Pagulayan and Orcollo as the best players in the world today, and based on Bustamante's performance in this match one would have to agree.

Thanks again,
Dr. Bill