Daulton vs. Frost 2011 D.C.C.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i like this or some variation
if the 5 ? goes in shannons pocket and knocks the 13 away im still a happy camper
df1.jpg
actually prefer the q travels foward to ptotect the 8

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
With nothing open for SD, except the hanger, I believe Scott will bank that five ball and either go forward with high right for the two or that combo or go with bottom left for said balls. Chance to get a lot of balls by taking that bank.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
With nothing open for SD, except the hanger, I believe Scott will bank that five ball and either go forward with high right for the two or that combo or go with bottom left for said balls. Chance to get a lot of balls by taking that bank.

I agree Frank...I'd be awful surprised if Scott didn't shoot the cross-corner on the 5 - he's aggressive after all, and he shoots those cross-corner banks real good...it's probably the shot I would shoot as well, but I'd have to be at the table to be sure.

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I agree Frank...I'd be awful surprised if Scott didn't shoot the cross-corner on the 5 - he's aggressive after all, and he shoots those cross-corner banks real good...it's probably the shot I would shoot as well, but I'd have to be at the table to be sure.

- Ghost

If Scott doesn't bank the 5 ball he's mad at his money. Let's put it this way if I was staking Scott and he didn't bank the 5 ball i'd look for another horse.

Billy I.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
If Scott doesn't bank the 5 ball he's mad at his money. Let's put it this way if I was staking Scott and he didn't bank the 5 ball i'd look for another horse.

Billy I.

Billy,

What do you think he should try to do with the cueball when he banks the 5? It looks like it will be difficult to roll the cueball through the 1 and 8 and come up with another offensive shot. But with the angle that he has, it looks like his cueball is coming past the side pocket.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy,

What do you think he should try to do with the cueball when he banks the 5? It looks like it will be difficult to roll the cueball through the 1 and 8 and come up with another offensive shot. But with the angle that he has, it looks like his cueball is coming past the side pocket.
I would go all out to bank the 5 ball hitting it on the thin side and try to go two cushions between the 8 and 1 balls.

I believe he's a favorite to either make the bank or hang it.

Any other shot is risky, at least with the bank you have some control of the shot and could steal a ball or more, and possibly knock his ball away. There's an outside chance of Scott running out from this position, if you notice the combination 12 ball 11 ball looks good too.

If struck well you either run some balls or lose 1 ball, or possibly two balls.

Billy I.

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm with Billy I. on this one. Try to win the game!

Bill Stroud

mosconiac

Verified Member
I've used this shot over & over to great effect. The natural follow that the OB picks up off the CB & felt results in the OB (5B in this case) following forward to the end rail & (usually) going in my hole. It's very consistent & easy to pull off.

If the 5B goes, which it will most of the time, I have the 1B & 8B to shoot next....

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
What if....

What if....

I would go all out to bank the 5 ball hitting it on the thin side and try to go two cushions between the 8 and 1 balls.

I believe he's a favorite to either make the bank or hang it.

Any other shot is risky, at least with the bank you have some control of the shot and could steal a ball or more, and possibly knock his ball away. There's an outside chance of Scott running out from this position, if you notice the combination 12 ball 11 ball looks good too.

If struck well you either run some balls or lose 1 ball, or possibly two balls.

Billy I.
what would you do if the 1 ball wasnt sitting where it is? would you kick in the ball at his pocket or to you feel the bank would still be the best shot? Im guessing you would kick here. Keith

senor

Verified Member
i like this or some variation
if the 5 ? goes in shannons pocket and knocks the 13 away im still a happy camper
View attachment 4087
actually prefer the q travels foward to ptotect the 8

That's not a bad idea Larry -- in a lot of similar scenarios it might be the best shot. But I would take it a step further and fram the 5 into the hanger and play the cue ball 2 or 3 rails down on your opponent's side near or on the end rail.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
what would you do if the 1 ball wasnt sitting where it is? would you kick in the ball at his pocket or to you feel the bank would still be the best shot? Im guessing you would kick here. Keith

If the 1 ball wasn't there I would strongly consider kicking in the ball in front of the pocket, considering the position of the 2 ball which would deter me from possibly doing anything else. Yes I would kick in the ball.

Billy I.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
That's not a bad idea Larry -- in a lot of similar scenarios it might be the best shot. But I would take it a step further and fram the 5 into the hanger and play the cue ball 2 or 3 rails down on your opponent's side near or on the end rail.

That shot would also be a consideration providing that the angle offered was a natural angle to comfortably go two rails down table. This angle looks to me that it may be a little flat to comfortably go down table, if so i'm banking the 5 ball.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dixie whistler/twister
i may have my nicknames wrong
but yes cole would fire that in just like you would rod
but with the 12 ball hangin
not sure i would shoot it:eek::D

senor

Verified Member
dixie whistler/twister
i may have my nicknames wrong
but yes cole would fire that in just like you would rod
but with the 12 ball hangin
not sure i would shoot it:eek::D

It's not really the 12 ball hanging but the prospect of getting shape on the 5 to bust the stack and continue a run.