Darren Appleton's explanation of fines and temporary ban

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Although I don't agree with their testing procedures, he tells you in the video he has anger issues. He also says he would never physically hurt someone while blaming their procedures for making him angry.
Sounds like the guy who beats his wife because she makes him do it.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Although I don't agree with their testing procedures, he tells you in the video he has anger issues. He also says he would never physically hurt someone while blaming their procedures for making him angry.

He took a swing at one of his English buddies (who was a former rugby player) a few years back. The guy ducked and knocked him on his butt. He got up and they both laughed. I can’t remember the guys name, but he had some excellent coaching videos out there.

Sam1914

Well-Known-Member
He took a swing at one of his English buddies (who was a former rugby player) a few years back. The guy ducked and knocked him on his butt. He got up and they both laughed. I can’t remember the guys name, but he had some excellent coaching videos out there.
Lee Brett

Sam1914

Well-Known-Member
He seemed genuine . And he obviously has some issues like most pool players lol . Wish him the best

Reactions: lll

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I wish he had told his story and made his pitch in ten minutes and then signed off. He had not prepared to make such a long video. Hope all this stuff shakes out right,

sheldon

Verified Member
From
Springfield Oregon
Anger issues. Over at AZB there's a bunch of people apologizing for him and making up reasons that it's not his fault. One went as far as to blame Filler for taking too much time on a hanger 9 ball that was for the set. :ROFLMAO:
I feel bad for the guy, but it's pretty clear he knows it's his fault. Hopefully he can change his behavior before he's permanently banned.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
part of the issue is not whether darren is at fault
he admitted that he was
its that he got fined and banned for a short period of time from wpa
and on top of that got suspended till august from match room tournaments
which eliminates him from several tournaments which might help him qualify for the mosconi cup
many on AZB myself included thought that the extra penalty from matchroom was excessive

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Matchroom is flexing their muscles to be sure. The fact that it is against one of their own countries most popular players, sends a message.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
He seemed genuine . And he obviously has some issues like most pool players lol . Wish him the best

I agree. When a player loses an important match, don't even approach them for 30 minutes unless it's a dire emergency, especially about something like a stupid ass UA. He just lost the plot there for a minute. The double punishments were excessive. Say you say January 6th?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Was it that he "says he would never physically hurt someone while blaming their procedures for making him angry" that "Sounds like the guy who beats his wife"?

I don't know the guy, and I think he deserved some sanction, but I thought even the original punishment was a little much. Matchroom adding on seems excessive to me, but I'm a good target for a sincere-sounding apology.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Taking a swing at players can be dangerous

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Taking a swing at players can be dangerous

true that. lol. amazes more guys haven't been hurt over the years.

worst one i personally witnessed (i was actually playing with one of the combatants when it kicked off - oblivious to whatever beef they had the night before) was when a couple guys after throwing em eventually got close enough to start wrestling around and knocked over a table full of empty beer bottles and when down on top of it - guy on the bottom (named rusty - i was playing andy) came up bleeding like a stuffed pig....pretty ugly scene....they got him to the ER....could have been hurt bad.... (i helped alisha mop up all the blood)

i like darren appleton and don't get too excited one way or the other about boys being boys.

:cool:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
true that. lol. amazes more guys haven't been hurt over the years.

worst one i personally witnessed (i was actually playing with one of the combatants when it kicked off - oblivious to whatever beef they had the night before) was when a couple guys after throwing em eventually got close enough to start wrestling around and knocked over a table full of empty beer bottles and when down on top of it - guy on the bottom (named rusty - i was playing andy) came up bleeding like a stuffed pig....pretty ugly scene....they got him to the ER....could have been hurt bad.... (i helped alisha mop up all the blood)

i like darren appleton and don't get too excited one way or the other about boys being boys.

:cool:

It's a stuck pig. You want to bleed out all of the blood with the heart still beating

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I sure am glad to know all you guys who never make a mistake, and are geniuses at everything you attempt. It's comforting to know, that you guys are there to save the day, if it ever, all goes south.