Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Danny Smith v Tony Chohan One Pocket 8 ahead $10,000 entry

All tied up at 11 a piece. Great match!

Deeman

Verified Member
Funny you mention that. First time I saw Tony play I thought immediately of John Daly who has such good execution and fine touch around the greens.

Yes, what a waste of talent there. I only hope Tony keeps clean and lives back up to his potential. As Dr. billy says, he seems like he's very close to "being back"!

It's a real wonder how quickly some people can re-master their skills.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Just got in and went to pool and action and watched the end of game 29. There was some pretty good stuff done by both players, excellent ending to a game. I'm assuming that today's play by both players has been great, just a feeling.

Back to the match.

Dr. Bill

OPBEAST

Verified Member
I'm trying to recall - was Chohan one of the top players before he went away?

Some time ago, he put out a proposal to the pool world that ANYONE has action against him on one side of the Mississippi River. I forget which side.

It might be on the AZ forums.

OPBEAST

Verified Member

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This has been a great battle and it still looks to me like Chohan is going to take it off. I noticed that when Chohan slows the game down and forces Danny to work, he kinda takes Danny away from the game he (Danny) likes to play. There were a few times in the match where I noticed that Danny was struggling to find a good offensive shot and refused to slow the game down and went for a low percentage shot that really wouldn't of changed things much and made costly mistakes. Other than those few times Danny has been playing some powerful one pocket. However, giving Chohan 10/8 Danny can ill afford to have mental break downs and win, yes mental break downs is what I call it when you force an ill advised shot and it usually presents itself when you're trailing in the score. If their is a chink in Danny's armor it's his patience, particularly when he's trailing. He's so programmed in playing an intimidating game that he at times forgets how to earn a shot and forces things that he shouldn't.

Tony, for the most part has been pretty steady, his table management is good, and he's shown quite a bit of resiliency when it was needed. Like I mentioned earlier, there are going to be big swings in this match because of the aggressiveness that both players have, but when things get tough for Tony he's seems like he can slow the game down and regroup better than Danny. To me that's been the difference, lets see how things unfold today.:D

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This has been a great battle and it still looks to me like Chohan is going to take it off. I noticed that when Chohan slows the game down and forces Danny to work, he kinda takes Danny away from the game he (Danny) likes to play. There were a few times in the match where I noticed that Danny was struggling to find a good offensive shot and refused to slow the game down and went for a low percentage shot that really wouldn't of changed things much and made costly mistakes. Other than those few times Danny has been playing some powerful one pocket. However, giving Chohan 10/8 Danny can ill afford to have mental break downs and win, yes mental break downs is what I call it when you force an ill advised shot and it usually presents itself when you're trailing in the score. If their is a chink in Danny's armor it's his patience, particularly when he's trailing. He's so programmed in playing an intimidating game that he at times forgets how to earn a shot and forces things that he shouldn't.

Tony, for the most part has been pretty steady, his table management is good, and he's shown quite a bit of resiliency when it was needed. Like I mentioned earlier, there are going to be big swings in this match because of the aggressiveness that both players have, but when things get tough for Tony he's seems like he can slow the game down and regroup better than Danny. To me that's been the difference, lets see how things unfold today.:D

Dr. Bill

I have watched most of Danny's streamed matches and am of course very familiar with Tony's game. Different styles present different problems and I do not think Danny can hold up giving 10/8 to a player who's fearlessness matches his own and who also has an arsenal of shots where he might get out at any time. He can't break Tony down as he has with the other very good players he has won against recently.

I am rooting for Tony and the match is up on the TV screen at Hard Times with lots of spectators. We are looking forward to seeing Tony out here when he can get away and rumor is Hard Times will host a tournament for him when he can make it.

It's good to see him back in the grease.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
I just took a break, this is a great match. Two killers. To me, Danny caught a hi gear Wednesday night, before they quit early. He then played Ricjie richardson $1000/game. I turned back in to see it, but my stream was too choppy to watch so I went to sleep. I could tell at the moment I got it on that Ricjie was 2 up.

Does anyine know what the spot was and who won?

thanks so much...back to Danny/Tony

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I just took a break, this is a great match. Two killers. To me, Danny caught a hi gear Wednesday night, before they quit early. He then played Ricjie richardson $1000/game. I turned back in to see it, but my stream was too choppy to watch so I went to sleep. I could tell at the moment I got it on that Ricjie was 2 up.

Does anyine know what the spot was and who won?

thanks so much...back to Danny/Tony

Danny gave Richie 9/8 and Danny ended up winning 3 games 3k

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Danny gave Richie 9/8 and Danny ended up winning 3 games 3k

Thanks, Richie must be exceptional to go 9/8.

I enjoyed the Danny/Tony match very much. To think; Tony may be rusty and what he showed. A 2 ball spot is alot, as he can get out at any time. Danny is a real gunfigher and an elite player IMO.
Thanks again,
Phil

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
It's over? Almost sounds like the Richie R. match could of been a factor, or am I missing something?

Yeah.. The RR match was incidental after DS and TC stopped playing for the night on wed. no factor. Danny just could not fade 10-8. Tony played really solid.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
I agree, Tony is really strong. Wait until he gets really tuned up. However, Danny played at an extreme level Wednesday night when the quit at 11:30. He played stronger than any of the 4 nights from what I saw. Wednesday it seemed like Tony never really had a chance to get rolling.

While i think 10/8 is too much of a spot and Tony wins more times....if this match went to the wall, to the end Wednesday into Thursday AM, I think Danny might have taken it down. We will never know but that is how I viewed it Wednesday.

Last night Danny was wanting more. Did they make a game?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Danny Smith v Tony Chohan One Pocket 8 ahead $10,000 entry

I agree, Tony is really strong. Wait until he gets really tuned up. However, Danny played at an extreme level Wednesday night when the quit at 11:30. He played stronger than any of the 4 nights from what I saw. Wednesday it seemed like Tony never really had a chance to get rolling.

While i think 10/8 is too much of a spot and Tony wins more times....if this match went to the wall, to the end Wednesday into Thursday AM, I think Danny might have taken it down. We will never know but that is how I viewed it Wednesday.

Last night Danny was wanting more. Did they make a game?

I agree about Danny's level of play on Wednesday night. It was super strong. I was thinking then that Tony was glad to end for that session. Heh. But then he came right back strong on Thursday. Danny not as strong but Tony solid as could be. I was impressed with how opportunistic he was. In other words, anytime he got an opening he ran multiple balls. Strong stuff.

I am very glad to have bought this full event pass. Helluva match!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Yeah.. The RR match was incidental after DS and TC stopped playing for the night on wed. no factor. Danny just could not fade 10-8. Tony played really solid.

While I am rooting for Tony, it would not take much to change it around. 10/8 obviously is too much weight. Even, IMO would put it in Danny's favor, so I suspect if they play again, 9/8 or 9/8 on Tony's break.

We were privileged to see some great one pocket. Hope they can agree on something and match up again.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
While I am rooting for Tony, it would not take much to change it around. 10/8 obviously is too much weight. Even, IMO would put it in Danny's favor, so I suspect if they play again, 9/8 or 9/8 on Tony's break.

We were privileged to see some great one pocket. Hope they can agree on something and match up again.
Yes I agree we were treated to some great one pocket. Whenever I watch aggressive players perform I always learn something..too bad it may be too late for me.:( When watching great offensive minded players perform we are treating ourselves to not only the pure entertainment of the match but also the beauty of the ends of their means. I'm sure that whoever watched this match has come away from it with a much better understanding of the benefits aggressive playing yields. I do understand that there are a lot of things that we watched that aren't in our arsenal but then again their are many things that are.

We as players are the only ones that know what is suitable to incorporate into our own games, for some there will be shots that are right, for others maybe not, but for all we will have more food for thought.

Hopefully what we have learned is more than just "ducking" :heh Sometimes your shot disguised as an offensive shot is actually "ducking":D Bernie calls it "risk management" I think he's on to something

Dr. Bill