Thanks for all the support and replies. The table will be:
1.Sold
2. New Rails / cushions built and replaced
3. Gifted to my nephew.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Yes I would agree with the last two posts you have a great table that just needs that last bit of love to be something you will like a lot for a long time
imo

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Where do new rails come from? Who can build them in a reasonable amount of time. 5 weeks always turns into 5 months with these things

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Where do new rails come from? Who can build them in a reasonable amount of time. 5 weeks always turns into 5 months with these things
The known best person for anniversaries/centennials is Mark Gregory. But he's not cheap and there's a wait. He may be able to build new rails so you could continue to play.

Worth contacting him. As mentioned earlier he may suggest someone in your area that he trusts to do the work:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, Gregory is the nth degree, but there's usually a wait. You might call Diamond Billiards in Indiana and ask them if they know a good pool table mechanic in your area. I'm sure they know who the good ones are. I think the guy I dealt with is named Paul. But there are several guys up there, including Greg, who could likely give you a name or two, even though your table is not a Diamond.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I talked to Mark. He is an interesting person. Said he is busy and cannot commit to a time frame. He was honest, He is the man. No question about it. Here's my plan. Have new cushions installed if they will work out ok with the current rails. If so I will do that and wait for new rails to be fabricated while enjoying the table.
I told Mark if the buyer of any of his current tables being built has to walk away I'll take the table. Might have to sell some blood but that grows back.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
I talked to Mark. He is an interesting person. Said he is busy and cannot commit to a time frame. He was honest, He is the man. No question about it. Here's my plan. Have new cushions installed if they will work out ok with the current rails. If so I will do that and wait for new rails to be fabricated while enjoying the table.
I told Mark if the buyer of any of his current tables being built has to walk away I'll take the table. Might have to sell some blood but that grows back.
Why in the world would you ever venture to alter your rails just to enable them to accept Diamond cushions. This is a Centennial, no reason to ever alter your rails. Just find out which cushions will work on your Centennial rails and then decide from there which cushions you want.

Ken can tell you exactly what cushions will work on your rails. There has to be someone in the state of Florida that can properly clue on the cushions and cover them properly.

If not have someone take them off for you, box them up and ship them to some one that has a good reputation, that has the time to get it done.

Time wise to put on the cushions and recover, you are taking a few hours when done by someone that knows what they are doing.

I do not see why this is so difficult for you to get this done! I just wonder why the members in Florida are not helping you get this done! There must be some excellent pool halls there that have to have their tables done, they must know who does their tables and the quality of work they do!

We just had a Challenge Match from Florida on a GC, call them, there has to help there! Whitey

Last edited:

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Why in the world would you ever venture to alter your rails just to enable them to accept Diamond cushions. This is a Centennial, no reason to ever alter your rails. Just find out which cushions will work on your Centennial rails and then decide from there which cushions you want.

Ken can tell you exactly what cushions will work on your rails. There has to be someone in the state of Florida that can properly clue on the cushions and cover them properly.

If not have someone take them off for you, box them up and ship them to some one that has a good reputation, that has the time to get it done.

Time wise to put on the cushions and recover, you are taking a few hours when done by someone that knows what they are doing.

I do not see why this is so difficult for you to get this done! I just wonder why the members in Florida are not helping you get this done! There must be some excellent pool halls there that have to have their tables done, they must know who does their tables and the quality of work they do!

We just had a Challenge Match from Florida on a GC, call them, there has to help there! Whitey
I personally am not requesting a particular cushion. The restorer put them on. I’ll leave up to the next mechanic. Would replace rail because they look like crap finish wise and maybe they need to be replaced as they have expired.... wood not good to work with. I'm not looking for table to play like a Diamond or GC...want it play like a quality pool table. Currently talking to various quality mechanics, table builders. Funny what I'm going to say...but it would be nice to find the last person first. I'm very into do it right...buy once cry once...but the person I bought his table from talked a very good game. Would have bought GC6 or Diamond Pro to begin with. This is on me. I let my guard down buying used sight unseen. Also knew it might not turn out right...and here I am.

Last edited:

Greyghost

Verified Member
From
Lafayette, LA
I personally am not requesting a particular cushion. The restorer put them on. I’ll leave up to the next mechanic. Would replace rail because they look like crap finish wise and maybe they need to be replaced as they have expired.... wood not good to work with. I'm not looking for table to play like a Diamond or GC...want it play like a quality pool table. Currently talking to various quality mechanics, table builders. Funny what I'm going to say...but it would be nice to find the last person first. I'm very into do it right...buy once cry once...but the person I bought his table from talked a very good game. Would have bought GC6 or Diamond Pro to begin with. This is on me. I let my guard down buying used sight unseen. Also knew it might not turn out right...and here I am.
Have you ever measured between the rails side to side and end to end to be sure the replacements didn’t reduce the playing field off of a perfect 2:1 ratio?

like 9’ should be 100x50 etc for each size table

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Have you ever measured between the rails side to side and end to end to be sure the replacements didn’t reduce the playing field off of a perfect 2:1 ratio?

like 9’ should be 100x50 etc for each size table
Table was returned. Got a full refund. Ordered a Diamond Professional from Billiards Florida.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
Now, THAT's what I'm talking about!..:) I sympathize with all the hoo-hah you had to go through. You'll like the new table. Let us know what you think.
There is nothing not to like with the Diamond. I considered it in Jan 2020… price increased about $2500 since. I’ll have it in Oct. Im
looking forward to Jtom taking me to school…. and TRW is around the corner. Good stuff coming.