Corey Deuel vs Roberto Gomez One Pocket Action Match August 5-7th-Buffalo's Billiards Action Palooza New Orleans

BRLongArm

Verified Member
It's 2-2 and Corey has caught his second wind. When the balls go up table, bet on Corey.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
These guys both play painfully slow. They both need a shot clock if you ask me. It's hill/hill in sets so I want to watch but Geezus, please!

This is the kind of match I prefer to watch at 2x speed lol. The only saving grace is Tony Chohan commentating. It's not often you get a player i his prime breaking down the game.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Corey is just not playing like Corey. I wonder if it's his eyes. He is right at that age were your eyes start to change -- and it sneaks up on you for sure. He just doesn't seem to have confidence in his shot making.

OldSchool

Verified Member
These guys both play painfully slow. They both need a shot clock if you ask me. It's hill/hill in sets so I want to watch but Geezus, please!

This is the kind of match I prefer to watch at 2x speed lol. The only saving grace is Tony Chohan commentating. It's not often you get a player i his prime breaking down the game.

Agreed. That's exactly why I didn't buy this stream. Justin Hall vs. Danny Smith is a match that I'd like to see - they're great offensive players to watch play, and they play fast.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
watching Corey struggle with his ball running was kinda depressing. I think I saw he’s signed up for the 5k entry tournament — he has to figure this out before that or he’s dead money. He should get his eyes checked for sure!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
watching Corey struggle with his ball running was kinda depressing. I think I saw he’s signed up for the 5k entry tournament — he has to figure this out before that or he’s dead money. He should get his eyes checked for sure!

getting old sucks. started hanging drywall today in basement addition. i used to be able to carry three sheets at once (when i was a kid, sporadically worked jobs with a guy that could pack four...o_O). worming my way down the basement steps, i quickly went from two to one....lol. (i think i have arthristis in both my hands and something is wrong in my upper right forearm...)

the eyes do go. but...also seems like corey is always experimenting with things. a couple years ago it was these weighted sheets he taped on his butt or something like that....now he's using this thing that slides on his shaft to bridge with....he was playing lights out 7-8 years ago. think he won DCC and US Open (when it was still a real thing) around the same time period (if memory serves me correct, NH Steve commentated that US Open final....)

he's always been one of my favorite players - dresses and acts respectufully, can play as good as anyone when he's on....tad bit eccentric (but not too much....). maybe it is the eyes, maybe it's the gadgets, maybe he's just getting old and on the wrong side of his prime, maybe is a combination of factors....

anyway, i think this format is a keeper.

:cool:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
His speed was way off, everything too soft.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

i remember thinking this would make a good wwyd.

i saw 3 shots....
#1 the one he played. didnt't like it. high ball. miss leaves your opponent an opprotunity to win.
#2 put it on your side, somewhere around the side pocket, leaving whitey on the end rag.
#3 my shot. swing at the two railer, up and down, takes care of them both....

great match. it was enjoyable. oldschool mentioned that both players took too long, talked to lou a couple days ago, he said the same thing. i was ok with it, looked em over when they had to. just wait until trex v alex. alex will get down, get up, get down, get up again, point at something with his cue....repeat any deviation of that sequence at least once....lol

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i only saw bits and pieces of the match but it seemed corey was always just alittle off great shot /struck well but too soft /ball doesnt go.
running balls makes a position error /doesnt maximize
roberto for the most part played very solid making the clutch shots when he had to and playing to me high percentage 1p.
i really liked the format . much more exciting since each set carries so much weight yet you have a fresh start in the next set.
i hope we get to see more matches like this

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

baby huey

Verified Member
Guys are playing for big cash and we want them to play FASTER. Really, it's about them not us.