COREY DEUEL V JUSTIN HALL ACTION

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
Wow, what a great match.
Corey leads 20-19 racing to 24
Great commentary from Jeremy Jones and Tom Wirth.
Today's play will replay on a loop and play until they resume live Saturday.
Tune in for exciting conclusion Saturday 5pm eastern.
Get a pass to watch at PoolActionTV.com

A New Design - 2021-01-15T100017.213.jpg

Thecoats

Take it to the extreme. Play one pocket on a snooker table. The straightest shooter will always win because straight shooting is a premium on tight equipment. The mover has very little advantage because every time he traps his opponent, the opponent need only go off a ball and leave the mover long, daring him to shoot. Because of the difficulty in pocketing balls, the mover can never capitalize on his moving advantage. Tighter equipment will lengthen the game, and make runs tougher. But in the end, the straighter shooter will win more than the mover.

This isn't necessarily true. I have played quite a bit of one pocket on a snooker table and I am not an especially straight shooter and felt I had an advantage with my moving and banking skills over straighter shooters that didn't have the same skills in other areas of the game. A tight table will definitely slow down the straighter shooter it is pure logic. A crooked shooter will miss regardless of pocket width.

Island Drive

Verified Member
Here's a pic of my 4.5'' on a GC I with totally rebuilt underwood on all top rails. Brand new cushions (6) and 860HR.
David Isaccs, Diamond Rep table man outta Ft. Collins CO. Does great work....he's not a pool player turned mechanic, he's a table mechanic period, travels in his Benz High top Van vehicle with his wife. Nice rig. The pics I see of the table being played on are bigger than my, pro cut pockets.

Attachments

• 1027201543.jpg
    1027201543.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 10

BRLongArm

Verified Member
This isn't necessarily true. I have played quite a bit of one pocket on a snooker table and I am not an especially straight shooter and felt I had an advantage with my moving and banking skills over straighter shooters that didn't have the same skills in other areas of the game. A tight table will definitely slow down the straighter shooter it is pure logic. A crooked shooter will miss regardless of pocket width.

If a tight table will slow down the straighter shooter, what will it do to a guy who doesn't shoot straight? Answer: He will never get comfortable on the table, his traps will give him a chance at one ball, and he can never capitalize on his moving prowess because he can't run balls on the equipment.

jtompilot

Verified Member
Here's a pic of my 4.5'' on a GC I with totally rebuilt underwood on all top rails. Brand new cushions (6) and 860HR.
David Isaccs, Diamond Rep table man outta Ft. Collins CO. Does great work....he's not a pool player turned mechanic, he's a table mechanic period, travels in his Benz High top Van vehicle with his wife. Nice rig. The pics I see of the table being played on are bigger than my, pro cut pockets.
That pick looks just under 4.5 which should play great for all games. The pocket angle looks good, Well done. Too bad I don’t live close.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
Yeah, that's a perfect 4-1/2" pocket. I'm assuming they're measured from point to point. Mine are 1/8" wider on a Diamond Pro Am, so I guess they're 4-5/8". Since it's a "tournament used" table, I assume that's standard out of the factory. I had mine set up by Paul from Diamond in Indiana. I note that that's the same pocket width as the one Corey/Hall are using.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
It was great to do the commentating with Jeremy Jones during this terrific match up between these two super talented One Pocket players. It ran for four days and was neck and neck all the way to the finish line when Justin finally forged ahead and took down the victory.
Congratulations to Justin and kudos to Corey for a valiant effort.

Thanks also to Ray Hanson for giving me this opportunity. I had fun watching as much as I did commentating and I hope you did too. Maybe I will continue to be offered opportunities to sit in again and commentate another exciting match between two great One Pocket competitors. Your support can help that to happen so please chime in if you enjoyed my contribution during this event.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
It was great to do the commentating with Jeremy Jones during this terrific match up between these two super talented One Pocket players. It ran for four days and was neck and neck all the way to the finish line when Justin finally forged ahead and took down the victory.
Congratulations to Justin and kudos to Corey for a valiant effort.

Thanks also to Ray Hanson for giving me this opportunity. I had fun watching as much as I did commentating and I hope you did too. Maybe I will continue to be offered opportunities to sit in again and commentate another exciting match between two great One Pocket competitors. Your support can help that to happen so please chime in if you enjoyed my contribution during this event.

Great job Tom. I really enjoyed your insights and also all your in depth questions to JJ. Thanks for a enjoyable experience.

baby huey

Verified Member
I didn't see any of the match but the highlights were impressive. Justin looked so good banking to his hole that maybe that's what won him the match? Or, he's just the better player?