comparison of 15 ball 1/P run to straight pool

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
gulfportdoc said:
With that kind of knowledge and Inference to come up with an answer like that and the fact that you put such a whoopin on me at Bears's Place last time ;) I think I'll be gettin the same spot from you as I'm gettin from the Ghost....

Don't you think?
We'll have to figure out what that was...:cool: But keep in mind, if the Ghost agrees to play a guy, the guy has booked a loser.;) The last time the Ghost gave up the nuts I think was in 1983. He decided then to never do that again!:D

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
We'll have to figure out what that was...:cool: But keep in mind, if the Ghost agrees to play a guy, the guy has booked a loser.;) The last time the Ghost gave up the nuts I think was in 1983. He decided then to never do that again!:D

Doc

Doc, I came out $$ ahead of the Ghost in Galveston. He won more games, but faltered (benevolent word for dogging) when we bet more.

That is the secret - Raise The Bet!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
the Ghost in Galveston. He won more games, but faltered when we bet more.

That is the secret - Raise The Bet!

Yeah right, lol....you came out ONE GAME AHEAD after we doubled the bet - that sure proves a lot....:rolleyes:

- Ghost

PS, But that's ok, I understand that you and Papie have to try and think up things to tease the Ghost about....:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Reminds me of a very factual observation I've had for years. The average mailman, or service station attendant, in Houston, Dallas, Tulsa, or New Orleans...has more gamble, than the average professional gambler in New York..:eek:

San

PS... Maybe not smarter...but definately WAY more gambling balls. !!!.:rolleyes:

SJD, I asked a friend from houston "Barefoot Whitey" (Wilson King) about that, he lived there for 2 yrs. He shrugged and said, well a parking place is $60 bucks a day. I wonder who all these guy are playing going to 15 ? and how many their opponent has to make ? For the record I've ran more playing one-pocket than straight pool, as I'm a southern boy. I did see two east coast hustlers playing straight pool once 125 points, to see who did the laundry.
Rod. <----Ran 10 a week ago (not practicing).

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
They both quit

They both quit

Two guys from NY were playing straight pool, 100 pts for $5. After the game they both quit at the same time. The guy who lost quit, because he had never went for 2 barrels in his whole life. The guy who won quit, because he would never give anybody a chance to get even.

the Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Two guys from NY were playing straight pool, 100 pts for $5. After the game they both quit at the same time. The guy who lost quit, because he had never went for 2 barrels in his whole life. The guy who won quit, because he would never give anybody a chance to get even.

the Beard

HaHaHaHeeHeeHeeHeee.
Very Good Fred.
PS; Probably a lotta truth to that.
Rod <---Still laughing.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Give em a chance

Give em a chance

fred bentivegna said:

the Beard

Actually, the guy that won wouldnt have quit if the other guy would have immediately forfeited the second game. In this way he would have played another, and given the loser a chance to win one of the games back.

the Beard

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Yeah right, lol....you came out ONE GAME AHEAD after we doubled the bet - that sure proves a lot....:rolleyes:

- Ghost

PS, But that's ok, I understand that you and Papie have to try and think up things to tease the Ghost about....:)

You quit after losing two games in a row at the jacked up stakes.

Did you come to Chicago via New York?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
You quit after losing two games in a row at the jacked up stakes.

Did you come to Chicago via New York?

You quit the proposition game, saying you would play more of it later - and then you reneged on that, and wouldn't play it anymore...:rolleyes:....while I on the other hand, NEVER said I would do something, and then backed out of it...:cool:...

Did YOU, get to Sacramento via New York?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
You quit the proposition game, saying you would play more of it later - and then you reneged on that, and wouldn't play it anymore...:rolleyes:....while I on the other hand, NEVER said I would do something, and then backed out of it.

Ghrost,

I question whether John made you play according to the rules that I demanded for the prop/kick... Namely, 5 min. break, different table, play the game out...etc. He was probably just too eager to get to you at one pocket. (for over $40).:D

I will not allow you that latitude...plus the $$$ will be higher, thereby increasing the "lump in the throat" factor..:D

San <---is always too benevolent, to use the word "dog". :rolleyes:

PS. SJD was never very far east of Colorado 'til he was 18...they told me the world was full of despots, thieves and perverts...anywhere east of the Mississippi, and North of the Mason-Dixon line..:eek: (and "they" were right)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Ghrost,

I question whether John made you play according to the rules I demanded for the prop... Namely, 5 min. break, different table, play the game out...etc.

How's this Papie - you got an even better deal than that...

Yeah, we played all the games out, and, you think I knew the table? - it was exactly the opposite of that...:rolleyes:...here's how it went down...I came into the tournament room and John was already on a table practicing....we then started the prop game without my EVER TAKING ONE PRACTICE SHOT ON THE TABLE HE HAD BEEN PRACTICING ON - MY VERY FIRST SHOT ON THE TABLE WAS THE KICK SHOT, SHOOTING COLD - that was to show how much respect I had (none) for John having any chance to beat me at that game...:cool:...and Gulfport Doc and Mike were sitting there, and are witnesses to this....:cool:

- Ghosty.....:)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
How's this Papie - you got an even better deal than that...

Yeah, we played all the games out, and, you think I knew the table? - it was exactly the opposite of that....here's how it went down...I came into the tournament room and John was already on a table practicing....we then started the prop game without my EVER TAKING ONE PRACTICE SHOT ON THE TABLE HE HAD BEEN PRACTICING ON - MY VERY FIRST SHOT ON THE TABLE WAS THE KICK SHOT, SHOOTING COLD - that was to show how much respect I had (none) for John having any chance to beat me at that game...and Gulfport Doc and Mike were sitting there, and are witnesses to this....:cool:

Struck another nerve I see... I will need Doc and Mike's place of birth...to determine if they are credible witnesses to this monumental event..:eek: (they were probably asleep, anyway)

San <---finds it so easy to get Ghosty all riled up..:D

PS..Yet another successful hi-jacking by the Ghost...sorry George !

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
You quit the proposition game, saying you would play more of it later - and then you reneged on that, and wouldn't play it anymore...:rolleyes:....while I on the other hand, NEVER said I would do something, and then backed out of it...:cool:...

You challenged me, on this forum, to play for $100 a game. When we got down to play you would only bet $80 and pulled up after two games. I believe that is backing out of it.

We did play quite a few of the prop game and I lost two games. I will play the prop game again for a time limit at The Derby just to give you some action at it.

After playing together several short matches at The Derby and Galveston, it is my opinion we are a closely matched game up to $50 a game.

If we bet $80/$100 or more, your ass is mine. If I'm wrong, you could make a lot of $$.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
But keep in mind, if the Ghost agrees to play a guy, the guy has booked a loser.;) The last time the Ghost gave up the nuts I think was in 1983. He decided then to never do that again!:D

Doc

Doc......All kidding aside, I wish that were true, but matching up is tough to do as everyone knows - everybody wants an edge....truth is, as I posted in a thread here a couple of months ago...I would guesstimate that in my last 15 years of matchups, my winning percentage overall is probably about 60% - guess that was enough to pay all of my table time anyways, lol.....me and Chicago Mike are a good example - I think were about even after playing each other many, many times over the last 2 years.

- Ghost

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:
Doc......All kidding aside, I wish that were true, but matching up is tough to do as everyone knows - everybody wants an edge....truth is, as I posted in a thread here a couple of months ago...I would guesstimate that in my last 15 years of matchups, my winning percentage overall is probably about 60% - guess that was enough to pay all of my table time anyways, lol.....me and Chicago Mike are a good example - I think were about even after playing each other many times over the last 2 years.

- Ghost
how do you and chicago mike play?ie even?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Doc......All kidding aside, I wish that were true, but matching up is tough to do as everyone knows - everybody wants an edge....truth is, as I posted in a thread here a couple of months ago...I would guesstimate that in my last 15 years of matchups, my winning percentage overall is probably about 60% - guess that was enough to pay all of my table time anyways, lol.....me and Chicago Mike are a good example - I think were about even after playing each other many times over the last 2 years.

- Ghost

All kidding aside...how many times must you be reminded...race to 3, for $20, does NOT constitute gambling. So I would imagine you would be lucky to cover your time..:D :D :D :D.............................................................just a lil pop from "papie ! :eek:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
then started the prop game without my EVER TAKING ONE PRACTICE SHOT ON THE TABLE HE HAD BEEN PRACTICING ON - MY VERY FIRST SHOT ON THE TABLE WAS THE KICK SHOT, SHOOTING COLD -

The ghosts kicking coaches.
Rod. <--- A couple a good ones. (Francis & George Blanda)

Attachments

• mule.jpg
    mule.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
  • nfl_w_blandathennow_412.jpg
    nfl_w_blandathennow_412.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: