Cliff JOYNER vs Santos SAMBAJON - 2000 WORLD ONE POCKET CHAMPIONSHIPS

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I still haven't started this one yet. I finished Efren vs Alex 2 the other day and I am halfway through SVB vs HALL, then I move on to this one :)

Looking forward to it...I have seen Cliff play many times and I even played him cheap when I was first learning the game when he came to Cincinnati back probably around 94 or 95 I would guess. I admit I don't know if I have ever seen Sambajon play but I have definitely heard of his name.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Santos missed two routine one rail banks that gave away two games. Taking advantage of your opponents mistakes is a big part of 1P. That is was a great match to watch.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I still haven't started this one yet. I finished Efren vs Alex 2 the other day and I am halfway through SVB vs HALL, then I move on to this one :)

Looking forward to it...I have seen Cliff play many times and I even played him cheap when I was first learning the game when he came to Cincinnati back probably around 94 or 95 I would guess. I admit I don't know if I have ever seen Sambajon play but I have definitely heard of his name.
From what I’ve seen and heard, Santos game was just under the top guys.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
There's a number of Sambajon's matches on YouTube. I think he's been an action guy on the west coast for a good many years. I feel sure some of our members know him and could tell us a bit about the little guy. He can really play.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He was real active in the U.S. for several years. I drew him in one of the Reno Sands Regency tournaments back in '96 or so, when I was still playing 9ball pretty well. I was never in the match, lost 9-3. The guy just never made any mistakes.