Chicagomike MOT report

chicagomike

Verified Member
I was really looking forward to this tournament as homelife has been very busy raising our 3 grandchildren. My lovely wife was gracious enough to let me go which meant her handling the kids on her own for a few days…I wasn’t sure I was going to make it, but it I did and it did not disappoint. Started with an 10 hour drive from Chicago (stopped for a 2hr nap at a rest stop on the way). I arrived in Memphis about 4pm and my first stop was High Pockets. I said hi to owner Tracey who is always a lot of fun. I laid low and just hit some balls for a while. Jason, Billie, and Mark showed up a short time later and we all hit balls for a while and I got to check out Mark’s cues which look to be fantastic!!!

Next day we met at The Rec and I played a little with Pilot who came out a few games ahead. We also started the 1b1p tournament in which Steve Booth beat me(he played great)…I don’t recall who my other loss was to, but I didn’t get very far.

The tournament started Friday and went for $400 in the Calcutta. I have to apologize to Newkirk who bought me remotely, I really didn’t have my A or B game with me on this trip. I did get a chance to talk with him though and he sounded real good and is anxious to get back to playing pool.

In the tournament I took my first loss to Ben(Hardmix) and my second loss was to ChicagoFats who played really well. I really felt the lack of sleep and long car ride catching up with me and in the future will really consider flying instead of driving the long distances.

Actionwise I took a loss to local player Robbie Harrington for a few Benjamins, played some cheap Captian one pocket with Youngstown and Hardmix which was a lot of fun. Played Pilot lost 4 games I believe. Played Jay(chandler 1968) some and broke even and played Freeman some which I came out ahead this time. Played BillieMiller some and broke near even and that was about it aside from Mitch’s 3 rail prop bet. I had him stuck pretty good since the rails were playing short, but as a friend let him keep doubling the bet and giving extra chances at it until he broke even.

The hospitality provided by the pool room was really great and the locals are really a great group of guys. It was fantastic seeing Hilton, Miller, LS John(we did not gamble), Crabby(nice job on the Calcutta), Todd, Freeman, Jay, and all the rest.

Im thoroughly looking forward to future events and hope you all can make it.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Great report Mike. Always great seeing you and you did absolutely let me off the hook on the three rail game. Good friend. Boy now I feel bad even taking your 20 since you put it that way. Tell you what you can wear that tshirt until the next tournament. It’s been in my family for years and I would share that GEM with you for a while if you like. I’m sure the locals will love it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Northern KY
Great report, thanks Mike!

I cant blame Newkirk as I had you pegged for one of the favorites as well!

Hope to see you again soon buddy!

FreeMoney

Verified Member
ChicagoMike it was great to play you after the tourney ! I was happy to win a few against you & pay your gas bill for the ride home !
I travel quite a bit to play One Pocket Tourneys but I have to say this was one the best ! It was especially nice to meet so many great people /players. These are the people that make pool such a great sport ! I was able to play: Mike, Fats, Col Bill, Warren & JR. The draw was not kind as I started my play against Fats who was shooting very well all w/e. I look forward to next years tournament (& not waiting an entire year !). Hopefully you guys will visit us at Q-Masters in Va Beach !! Thanks to all who put in the time & effort to make this such a fantastic event !!
STEVE FREEMAN

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
ChicagoMike it was great to play you after the tourney ! I was happy to win a few against you & pay your gas bill for the ride home !
I travel quite a bit to play One Pocket Tourneys but I have to say this was one the best ! It was especially nice to meet so many great people /players. These are the people that make pool such a great sport ! I was able to play: Mike, Fats, Col Bill, Warren & JR. The draw was not kind as I started my play against Fats who was shooting very well all w/e. I look forward to next years tournament (& not waiting an entire year !). Hopefully you guys will visit us at Q-Masters in Va Beach !! Thanks to all who put in the time & effort to make this such a fantastic event !!
STEVE FREEMAN
Let’s have the next tournament at Q Master😁

chicagomike

Verified Member
STEVE FREEMAN
Great playing you as well and action is always appreciated…looking forward to the possibility of seeing you in the future at your home room.