Chicago Trip

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I went to Chris's Billiards and played in a 3C'S B Tournament,The first day I played around 800 average the second day I played 500 average, so I got knock out of it. I needed 2 wins on the second day to make the finals. I was watching the tournament when I got bored so I started to watch a guy practice pool.He looked familiar so I asked him his name it was the GHOST.We played a little onepocket having fun and talking. What a nice person he is. He showed me some of the shots that cost him the match, all I could say was what a tough beat. Also I told him he played a great match.After 3 days one ball decided the whole match. He also told me he couldn't sleep for 2 weeks after losing the match.All the guys who knocked him just don't realize the down side of losing such a tough match. SHAME on all you knockers you don't no what it is to lose such a tough match. Remember he is a very sensitive person and losing by one ball crushed him mentally. Remember he is a great guy not a knocker like the ones who knocked him. FastEddieF.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Remember he is a very sensitive person and losing by one ball crushed him mentally. Remember he is a great guy not a knocker like the ones who knocked him. FastEddieF.

Crushed him mentally ? surely not. He's a pool player after all.
If you've never lost you won't get much action.
He's tougher that that. :)
Rod-------< lost many times, never crushed. Picked myself up, bit up some cash and started again. :)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I went to Chris's Billiards and played in a 3C'S B Tournament,The first day I played around 800 average the second day I played 500 average, so I got knock out of it. I needed 2 wins on the second day to make the finals. I was watching the tournament when I got bored so I started to watch a guy practice pool.He looked familiar so I asked him his name it was the GHOST.We played a little onepocket having fun and talking. What a nice person he is. He showed me some of the shots that cost him the match, all I could say was what a tough beat. Also I told him he played a great match.After 3 days one ball decided the whole match. He also told me he couldn't sleep for 2 weeks after losing the match.All the guys who knocked him just don't realize the down side of losing such a tough match. SHAME on all you knockers you don't no what it is to lose such a tough match. Remember he is a very sensitive person and losing by one ball crushed him mentally. Remember he is a great guy not a knocker like the ones who knocked him. FastEddieF.

Eddie.....It was good meeting you too, talking, and playing a few games..and you're a nice guy yourself...

...but, as Rod surmised, you're a little off there on your psychoanalyzing.."crushed mentally" :confused: - uh, no - I've not been catatonic, nor have I been crying myself to sleep at night...instead, PISSED OFF would be the accurate description of my frame of mind for many days following the match.

- Ghost

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Eddie.....It was good meeting you too, talking, and playing a few games..and you're a nice guy yourself...

...but, as Rod surmised, you're a little off there on your psychoanalyzing.."crushed mentally" :confused: - uh, no - I've not been catatonic, nor have I been crying myself to sleep at night...instead, PISSED OFF would be the accurate description of my frame of mind for many days following the match.

- Ghost

Let me know when you are PISSED OFF enough to play again. I miss the Italian Beef and the Pizza.:D

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
The next....

The next....

...best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing.Their both winners in our eyes.YMMV

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
:sorry
Crushed him mentally ? surely not. He's a pool player after all.
If you've never lost you won't get much action.
He's tougher that that. :)
Rod-------< lost many times, never crushed. Picked myself up, bit up some cash and started again. :)

How many times did you play a 3 day match and lost by ONE BALL, not the same as losing a set. You forgot it was a race to 10 games. One roll cost the GHOST the entire match. A real tough act to follow. Plus all the knockers after the match, talking trash. I've gone to the racetrack and went busted but the next day I would find a way to be there betting again.Remember it's not the same as losing a 3 day match by 1 ball. Most pool players lose 1 or 2 sets and adjust the game and keep playing not the same as a 3 day match.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

How many times did you play a 3 day match and lost by ONE BALL, not the same as losing a set. You forgot it was a race to 10 games. One roll cost the GHOST the entire match. A real tough act to follow. Plus all the knockers after the match, talking trash. I've gone to the racetrack and went busted but the next day I would find a way to be there betting again.Remember it's not the same as losing a 3 day match by 1 ball. Most pool players lose 1 or 2 sets and adjust the game and keep playing not the same as a 3 day match.

I got broke almost every time I lost. :eek: The only times I didn't was if the winner quit, which was rare.
Yes, I played a 3 day match (70+hours )and went to jail twice during the session.
When I was young, no sessions, no races, no rest. Just play til the game's over, that was when the loser couldn't borrow any more money.
Races were the worst thing that happened to gambling on pool, the young players would lose a set, maybe two and it was over. :frus
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

How many times did you play a 3 day match and lost by ONE BALL, not the same as losing a set. You forgot it was a race to 10 games. One roll cost the GHOST the entire match. A real tough act to follow. Plus all the knockers after the match, talking trash. I've gone to the racetrack and went busted but the next day I would find a way to be there betting again.Remember it's not the same as losing a 3 day match by 1 ball. Most pool players lose 1 or 2 sets and adjust th, the nut is too e game and keep playing not the same as a 3 day match.

I won by one ball after I should have lost and still am trying to adjust the match.

I will give Ghost a game on the wire going to 12 games, but the bet has to be 4 or 5k. The nut is too big to come from California to Chicago for any less. If he comes out here, he can get two games going to 15. Play at Santa Monica or either Hard Times.

By the way, I think most of the comments about the match were very positive. Ghost showed a lot of heart and stamina playing for that kind of $$ for the first time. As I mentioned before, I did not fade a $1,500 nut to go back there and play for 3k ( I got to bet more on the rail) because I thought it was an even game. I thought I had way the best of it and Ghost proved me wrong.

I suspect he did get a little advice/encouragement from the money man, but that was the smart thing to do. I took him a little too lightly and respect his game more now.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I won by one ball after I should have lost and still am trying to adjust the match.

I will give Ghost a game on the wire going to 12 games, but the bet has to be 4 or 5k. The nut is too big to come from California to Chicago for any less. If he comes out here, he can get two games going to 15. Play at Santa Monica or either Hard Times.

By the way, I think most of the comments about the match were very positive. Ghost showed a lot of heart and stamina playing for that kind of $$ for the first time. As I mentioned before, I did not fade a $1,500 nut to go back there and play for 3k ( I got to bet more on the rail) because I thought it was an even game. I thought I had way the best of it and Ghost proved me wrong.

I suspect he did get a little advice/encouragement from the money man, but that was the smart thing to do. I took him a little too lightly and respect his game more now.

John as I said before you got heart. Billy beat you and you guys can't seem not to match up again. WHY? I know Billy's got heart too, and he will bet it up to.I know you will take a tough game as long as you think it is even. The question is who has more heart, Billy or John? Action Guys lets see it.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John as I said before you got heart. Billy beat you and you guys can't seem not to match up again. WHY? I know Billy's got heart too, and he will bet it up to.I know you will take a tough game as long as you think it is even. The question is who has more heart, Billy or John? Action Guys lets see it.

He is too smart for me and I am stuck pretty good fooling with him. I got lucky and got a little of it back and am trying to hang on to it if I can.

I think 9/7 is fair and he doesn't.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He is too smart for me and I am stuck pretty good fooling with him. I got lucky and got a little of it back and am trying to hang on to it if I can.

I think 9/7 is fair and he doesn't.
John, I explained why I believe that 10/8 is a fair game, and it's hard to dispute my reasoning. I played the Ghost 10/8 three times and we're dead even in games, regardless of the bet we are even in games and you and him play close. I really don't understand why you don't see it the same way, really. It's ok if we don't play but if you're going to wait for me to give you 9/7 then for sure we're not going to play. Anyways i'm getting too old to keep giving up this kind of weight to anyone, period.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
John, I explained why I believe that 10/8 is a fair game, and it's hard to dispute my reasoning. I played the Ghost 10/8 three times and we're dead even in games, regardless of the bet we are even in games and you and him play close. I really don't understand why you don't see it the same way, really. It's ok if we don't play but if you're going to wait for me to give you 9/7 then for sure we're not going to play. Anyways i'm getting too old to keep giving up this kind of weight to anyone, period.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Giving up weight is a young man's game. There really is very little percentage in it for the older players. I'm looking for senior citizen discounts. :D

Maintaining steady concentration throughout a long match becomes very difficult as we get older and if we can't count on our own abilities to remain constant for a decent period of time then how can we accurately gage a fair game?

Tom

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Giving up weight is a young man's game. There really is very little percentage in it for the older players. I'm looking for senior citizen discounts. :D

Maintaining steady concentration throughout a long match becomes very difficult as we get older and if we can't count on our own abilities to remain constant for a decent period of time then how can we accurately gage a fair game?

Tom

That is exactly why I want weight from Billy. I have a few years on him and he has a few K of my money.

I am trying to give weight to a guy 10 years younger than I am.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
That is exactly why I want weight from Billy. I have a few years on him and he has a few K of my money.

I am trying to give weight to a guy 10 years younger than I am.

John, I will be 70 years old on Dec. 2nd. If you can show me proof that you're 80 years old I will give you 9/7. Now about that money (few K's) i'm just ahead at this time a few K's but our rivalry isn't over, it's far from over. You don't hear the "Fat lady" singing, do you?:D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Tom
Tom, once again you're correct with your assertions, understanding this their's really no mystery why older players like myself can't compete as successfully, or any where near as successfully as we once could.

John, when we play my game will get weaker the longer the match progresses, and I understand that yours will as well, however, it's going to affect the player ..giving the weight...more than the player..receiving the weight.:heh You do know that, don't you?

Like Freddie has often said... "beware of the monsters in your corn flakes"..... when we play just remember about not thinking about the "monsters" and you'll do just fine.:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member

LMFAO Im going to sue you for copyright infringement:lol This is the exact same bullshit I say to all my suckers when I want them to play again:p:lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
John, I will be 70 years old on Dec. 2nd. If you can show me proof that you're 80 years old I will give you 9/7. Now about that money (few K's) i'm just ahead at this time a few K's but our rivalry isn't over, it's far from over. You don't hear the "Fat lady" singing, do you?:D

Dr. Bill

Billy I. Lets me and you play a partners game against John H and someone. Hell I will even shoot most of your shots(as long as their the same as mine):heh

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy I. Lets me and you play a partners game against John H and someone. Hell I will even shoot most of your shots(as long as their the same as mine):heh

Why would I take you as a partner, hell I would like for you to be John's partner and take 9/8 from you guys.

I'll play that game at the Derby, even if it's only for "shits and jingles":D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Why would I take you as a partner, hell I would like for you to be John's partner and take 9/8 from you guys.

I'll play that game at the Derby, even if it's only for "shits and jingles":D

Dr. Bill

I dont really know John but he seems like a real good guy. You I know pretty good:D I think it would be fun to play with you as a partner. It would be a funny show for the audience i guarantee you that

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Dr. Bill

I am 74 years old, still older than you and around ten years older than the Ghost, and forget that talk about breaking even wih him after three sessions, and thirty a game is the same as betting more $$. I know he is as serious as a heart attack when you guys play, but you are a seasoned money player and surely have more in the tank.

Plus, he plays better now since there must have been a little coaching going on with the corporation before our match.:D I doubt you just handed him the $$ and said 'Go Get I'm. I won and offered to adjust a little to play again.

I believe I need 9/7 from you and can win if I play well. If we do play again and I win 9/7, I will bet it all back 10/8:heh. The Henderson Parlay System at work.

I won't be at the Derby, so it will probably be Vegas until we see each other again, unless you entice me to Chicago.